Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:19:47 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Post-Alternative World type Idea-esque Things
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Post-Alternative World type Idea-esque Things  (Read 11585 times)
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2003, 01:19:29 pm »

So, I take it that you've watched all of the El Hazard anime? What is there not to understand?

Do the first two episodes of EH2 count?

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2003, 03:18:22 pm »

Dooky - Alielle's expression after she kisses Makoto. Look carefully ... Could this be her getting even?

"Well, I grabbed his part, now to kiss him to get even!"
Either she does not know a good comback for this, maybe she just did it for the hell of it, or it could be because it's something new.  She had Fatora (a woman, no doubt), but she just met Makoto (a man, no doubt).  She does a comparison, and she's sticking with Fatora (probably not, but she's only 15.  Give me/her/him/that guy over there a break)

Okay, I think I will pitch my 2 cents concerning the "Broken Lamp" Issue:

"This happened briefly in The Shape of Things to Come, but Miz was able to fix it."

I didn't know that, but it could interesting, in a gaming element sort of way.

"(here we have an explanation of how the Lamp's appearnce changes between OAV1 and Alternative World)."

I think the reason the lamps change was because, like brother said, it was a different group drawing the series.  Why would you drastically change a lamp design just to fix it?  Maybe it's because it was broken a little more than usual, but if the problem is a cracked case, you don't throw it all away, right?

"On a semi-related point, we also discover that the Lamp is basically just a shell powered by a 'source' (for the Lamp of Fire, this is a piece of mysterious orange stone that glows when you poke it)."

Well, obviously, when we mean broken beyond repair, you can think of it as it was crushed or something that would break all the important parts, correct?

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2003, 06:36:07 pm »

Do the first two episodes of EH2 count?

Not nearly enough.  ;)  But at least you've got a start on the characters... you really need to at least see OAV1 in its entirety to "get" El-Hazard.

------------

Anyway, as for Arjah (whatever spelling), that's actually a pretty good explanation, another one I didn't think of.  (I would prefer Qawool's origin to remain within El-Hazard, why I didn't like Ifurita-child stories because those presumably happen in a real twisted time thing.)

Hmm... probably the only real issue with this is trying to explain exactly how the guy can come to possess Gilda if he's nothing but a body trapped in void.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2003, 07:09:58 am »

Possessing Gilda: Hmm... in my story, I have Arjah possessing Qawoor several times. And he's not totally trapped- it's just that the accident that left in in the dimensional void converted him into a 'non-energetic' being. The physics behind this are a bit dodgy... it centres around a concept called zero energy which plays an important role in the fic. Since Arjah is non-energetic, exposure to the energy-filled outside world is very dangerous for him under most circumstances. He is, however, more powerful following dimensional transport- hence his ability to possess Gilda. He can tinker around with electrons here and there, but nothing major. He also gets more powerful if zero energy is present in the environment (it can exist as discrete 'bubbles' when there's enough of it)- although this isn't really relevant to Cretaria, since the Eye of God doesn't release zero energy. Are you following? This, by the way, is the part of the fic that made the least sense ^_^

As for Alielle: One thing we can assume from that scene is that Alielle is slightly less squeamish about boys than Fatora is...

Incidentally, isn't it weird how both Alielle and Fatora have had on-screen kisses, but not with each other? Alielle got Makoto, and Fatora got Shayla...

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2003, 11:34:47 am »

I guess actually having them kiss treads right on the boundaries of suspected sexual something or another.  I dunno, maybe no one ever saw a good opening to do an Alielle/Fatora make-out scene... that would kind of lend itself into the same department as AW13, wouldn't it?

And as for your continuing theory... I'll definately have to work on pondering the zero energy concept a while, but it's very intriguing too, and in fact the theory as a whole really doesn't cancel out any of the ideas that I'd want to use Arjah for.  It'd tweak them a little, maybe, but nothing I couldn't just write around.  Not that I have anything solid yet anyway.
When all is said and done, I might actually use yours, it could be potentially more interesting...

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2003, 02:14:09 pm »

I only found this page in February, and have only known about EH since Summer last year.So, I have been net researching since then and I am learning as much as possible.  

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2003, 02:20:33 am »

HEh, I finally remember one of the deciding points on why I assumed Allujah to be a non-human form...

Those damn hands of his are unattached, free-floating bodies!  Not to mention he has pointy ears, a strange shriveled face, and no lower body...

dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2003, 06:08:31 am »

Yeah... I explained that by saying Arjah was a somewhat accident-prone scientist. Working with Demon Gods has got to be a bit dangerous. But since he was so good at robotics, presumably he rebuilt himself. As for the ears... I have no explanation for them, nor for the fact that he looks like he should be in Battle Athletes...

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2003, 10:50:39 am »

Alternatively, I randomly thought of a scene like...

"Good Lord, what happened to your arms!?"
"Anti-gravity free floating hands are far less constrictive!"

;D

Genius idea or accident prone foolishness?

But true, kind of a cyborg rebuilding of himself... hell, if he DID work with demon gods, and assuming they're part flesh, then he's got to know some of the tricks of the trade, right?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2003, 10:51:03 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2003, 12:44:34 pm »

But true, kind of a cyborg rebuilding of himself... hell, if he DID work with demon gods, and assuming they're part flesh, then he's got to know some of the tricks of the trade, right?

Is your version of Alluja like that of Zero in Megaman X5 who was made into a TORSO at the end of the game but somehow rebuilt himself (from a torso with no hands) so that he re-appears in X6?

Are we saying that Alluja is a self-building torso? O_o;
« Last Edit: April 11, 2003, 12:45:05 pm by ifurita » Logged

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2003, 03:37:31 pm »

That guy is scary.  :o

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2003, 07:56:17 pm »

Yeah... I explained that by saying Arjah was a somewhat accident-prone scientist. Working with Demon Gods has got to be a bit dangerous. But since he was so good at robotics, presumably he rebuilt himself. As for the ears... I have no explanation for them, nor for the fact that he looks like he should be in Battle Athletes...

::goes out on a limb::

Or........ maybe he's from the same race of higher dimensional beings as Washu was originally from? Or...... maybe he's the same race as Kagato (speaking of disembodied hands!)  ;D

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2003, 08:13:47 pm »

*saws off Saucer's limb from the tree*

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2003, 09:31:21 am »

What is all this about limbs?

dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2003, 09:41:58 am »

We're just pondering why Arjah, despite being an all powerful villain type, doesn't appear to have any limbs at all.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines