Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 10:32:47 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  Games
| |-+  El-Hazard Online RPG (Moderators: Fujisawa4654, Spanner, Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Ch.3 - The Week After.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Ch.3 - The Week After.  (Read 36465 times)
theravenisdead
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2004, 05:15:00 am »

Nolan raised an eyebrow as he glanced over to the two rocks in the corner. "Exactly what would you have me do with them, haul them to a bed?" he asked in jest.
Allan simply smiled. Rolling his eyes Nolan lowered his head in surrender and went to pick up Calya. Lifting her into his arms, Nolan slowly made his way up the flight of stairs.

Nolan had quickly realized that there wasnt close to enough beds for everybody. With a frustrated sigh, Nolan decided to 'donate' his bed to the young fire priestess.
He placed her gently down and threw some covers over her. Finished Nolan stopped to watch Calya laying there, seemingly at peace. He smiled inwardly as he left the room and slowly shut the door behind him.

He went back downstairs and picked up Miles and walked into the kitchen. Positioning some chairs with his feet, Nolan made a small makeshift 'bed' for Miles to lay on. He dropped him into the chairs and promptly left the soldier to his slumber.

As Nolan exited the kitchen he heard a loud grunt from behind him. He shook his head and went back into the living area. He approached Allan, who seemed to be wondering what he was supposed to do.
"Dont worry bout it Allan, All taken care of here." He said.

Looking around, Nolan asked the inevitable question.
"Now what? Should I head bak to bed?" he asked.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2004, 05:16:41 am by theravenisdead » Logged
panicpaladin
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2004, 01:50:23 pm »

"Right..." said Allan

He walked over to Lana who was on the floor, Yumi was still there feeling tired.

"Yumi, you can go back to bed, I'll take care of it."

She nodded, wiping her eye and slowly made her way back to her room. Lana was still on the floor.

"Lan, you can take my bed tonight. The one beside Yumi's on the left."

Allan turned back to Nolan.

"Well, time to get some shut eye..."
« Last Edit: January 12, 2004, 04:52:02 pm by panicpaladin » Logged
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2004, 02:41:08 pm »

"But..." Lan looked at Allan in dismay, but he was already talking to Nolan.

She pulled herself to her feet.

"I can't stay here." Lan stated, heading for the front door. "I need to go back to the palace. You know you can find me there if you need me." She opened the door and began to leave. "Bye."

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
panicpaladin
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2004, 05:08:39 pm »

Allan wasn't paying attention to Lana and only caught her saying bye. He was shocked that she was leaving.

"... There she goes... Well, she's a tough girl, she'll make it fine. Life must be tough for her."

He then grasped reality and faced Nolan again.

"Oh, uh, I'm going to bed now."

Allan ran up the stairs and into his room, threw his band on the bed and just lept on it without covering himself. He dozed off.
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2004, 02:54:49 pm »

Lan arrived back at the palace gates in under twenty minutes. She had been walking quite quickly.
Standing at the gates was Jinnai. He was cloaked, but she knew it was him.

"What do you want?"

"You aren't doing your job."

"Yes I am. I'm just being secretive about it."

"No, you're not. I gave you a job to do. If you don't complete it...You know what comes next." Jinnai's eyes seemed to flash.

"You know what? I can't do it! I love the princess, so I ain't gonna kill her, I have so many friends now, that I don't want to do anything to upset them. So screw you! Screw you! I don't wanna be part of your little family any more!" She said, opening the gates.

As she stepped through, Jinnai ran for her, grabbing her throat and placing a knife to it. "You are a stupid girl." He said, drawing the knife almost gently along her neck. "You just let me in." Lan screamed, Jinnai threw her to the ground outside the gates, "See you later."

He closed the gates behind him, and headed for the palace.

"Oh no..." Lan stared for a moment, then turned and ran for the house.

-----

She arrived there in a few minutes, panting. Everyone had gone to bed. Damn.

She ran to Allan's room, and shook him awake.

"Help!"

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
panicpaladin
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2004, 04:06:33 pm »

Allan was dozing a little but not quite asleep, many thoughts came through his mind; it was about the palace again, he couldn't shake off his past very well. Fiore and Keora were on the balcony, that guard was outside, the palace servants were cooking... It was like a dream but it ended as soon as he was nudged. It was Lana.

"Help!"

"L-... Lan? You came back...?"

He got out of bed and put the bandana on his head once more, throwing his hair aside. Rubbing his eyes a little.

"Right, what's going on?"
Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2004, 06:18:49 pm »

There was talk going on at first, I could hear them in my dream. That sooned stopped as my dream's sound had stopped.

After a while of that, I heard someone open teh door, it didn't close and the cool breeze came in.. It was freakin' cold, then someone was running up the stairs which snapped me out of my sleep.

"God Damnit who keeps on making the--" The chairs were in good condition, but not in placement, as they tipped over and made me collapse.

"AAAGH God damnit! I swear to god!" I kicked the chair out of my way so I could get up, and I stomped up the stairs, following the noise. I just now realized my head was hurting. I remember getting drunk and passing out if anything.

I walked into the room where the noice was coming from. "Who teh hell is making all the noise and keeping me up!? I got a hangover and I want to sleep it off!"

executor82
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2004, 09:55:15 pm »

After Lana had left again, Kane just stood there watching everybody going to sleep. Yumi seemed really tired, just like all the others. She looked at him rubbing her left eye and yawned. "Aren't you going to sleep as well?", she asked.

Kane shook his head. "Actually I had to talk with you, but you seem to be very tired right now."

"What is it, Kane? Anything serious?", she asked snuggling against his chest.

"Actually I had a favour to ask, but it can wait till tomorrow. Just go catch some sleep now", Kane said, not knowing if he should do something in this situation like hugging her or anything. He looked at her and got a little nervous. She was standing right next to him, just covered by her nightdress, with slightly ruffled hair and a really cute sleepy expression in her face, snuggling.

"A favour? What for a favour? Are you sure I couldn't fulfill it tonight as well?", she smiled and began to draw small circles on his chest with her finger. Her body pressed a little more against his, so that Kane could feel every single curve of her female body.

Kane swallowed hard and blushed as he watched down at her. He caught a glimpse of her cleavage and immediately looked into another direction shyly. "Erm.............you........you're mistaking me a little Yu....Yumi! I actually wanted to.........ask you......if......if....."

"Shhhhh!", Yumi put her finger on Kanes lips. "I understand.......coy boy!" She giggled and kissed him on his cheek. Then she smiled at him warmly and slowly edged away from him walking backwards and looking deeply into his eyes. Her hand softly stroke along his chin. "You could shave again, you're itching."

"Erm.........yeah!", Kane was absolutely stunned.

Yumi giggled once again, turned around and walked into her room. Before she closed the door entirely, she stuck her head out again. "'Night!", then she shut it.

"...........'night......", Kane still was stunned and stared at the closed door for a long time. Then he snapped back to reality and walked out of the house. He jumped on the roof once again and laid down to cool off in the cold breeze of the night, watching the stars.

Meanwhile Yumi was leaning her back against the closed door in her room. Her heart was beating rapidly and she was breathing hard to catch her breath again. She was totally nervous. Did she do anything wrong? She could hardly believe that she actually had done what she did just a moment ago. What was Kane thinking of her now? First he had seen her sleeping naked and now this. She just hoped that Kane would feel something for her, show his feelings to her. Did he feel the same way? All these questions rushed within her head now and she wished, that she'd have the answers to them........she knew that she wouldn't catch any sleep tonight.

-----

Some time later Kane was still on the roof and watching the stars. He had been sunken in thoughts for some time. Thoughts of Yumi and surprisingly Lana were crossing his mind.

Suddenly he heared someone running in the dark. He crawled to the edge and watched the street. Someone ran straightly towards the house. Then Kane recognized Lana. She reached the house, dashed inside and screamed for help. Noise was heared from inside.

Kane leaped down the roof and hurried inside the house. He almost bumped into Miles standing at the door of Allan's room, yelling something about a hangover. Kane pushed Miles aside and entered the room. He saw Lana shaking Allan.

"What the hell happened Lana? Why the panic?", Kane asked.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2004, 10:04:28 pm by executor82 » Logged
theravenisdead
« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2004, 11:11:02 am »

Nolan lay on the floor in his room, his bed currently occupied. He tried his best to stay comfortable on the rough and hard surface, but was having little luck.

He could have gone to bed in his car, but he decided against it in favour of being close to everyone else.
'At what cost, my sleep?' Nolan wondered as he lay there. He sighed, It was going to be a long night.

It was then that he heard someone frantically running up the stairs and literally shoving open the door to the other bedroom. Allan's impromptu abode.

No sooner had that happened but Miles, who had apparently awaken, as well as Kane were running upstairs. With an even deeper sigh than before Nolan rose to his feet and proceeded outside his room.

As he entered the doorway to Allan's room he noticed Lan shaking Allan frantically. Meanwhile Kane and Miles were equally perplexed. Miles was still not sober yet, and as such wasnt 'fully upstairs'.

"Is sleep a luxury in El-Hazard or what?" asked Nolan slightly frustrated. He approached the bed. "What's happening, Lan?"

By this time Yumi had come up as well. She looked slightly embaressed, unable to look at Kane directly. Kane seemed to be the same way. Nolan noticed this and couldnt help but smirk.
"Lady troubles hm?" He whispered into Kane's ear, chuckling quietly...

(end of post)
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2004, 02:54:19 pm »

Lan pulled away from Allan.

"You know Jinnai? The guy who's been terrorising El hazard for years?" She didn't wait for the reply. "He's an almost friend of mine, don't ask any questions, I'll explain it some other time. Anyway, he was waiting for me when I got back to the palace...he managed to get past the gates...he's going to kill the royal family. I can't stop him on my own, I need your help....Please...?"

Lan was poised to run, as soon as they gave her an answer, she was outta there.

executor82
« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2004, 03:58:53 pm »

"Explanations later, pal!", Kane wispered back to Nolan and then his attention was at Lana. After she finished explaning the situation, she seemed ready to dash off again.

"Jinnai? Here in Floristica? We have to warn the Royals! Yumi, wake up Calya, Nolan, come with me and Lana to the palace! Miles, if you're sober enough, come with us. We could use every hand we can get! Who knows if there aren't any bugrom as well! Allan! Are you feeling strong enough to fight some bugrom in any case of emergency? They're tougher than the marines we fought last time."

Yumi nodded and hurried to wake up Calya, what was a real hard piece of work! She wouldn't make it in time if the others would leave now, but Calya could catch up with them as soon as she was awake again.

Kane was now also waiting for the response of the others, ready to follow Lana if she left.
Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2004, 05:45:07 pm »

Kane's shove was only a slight shove, but I stil lost my balance, and I fell over. I was half-asleep so I couldn't get up for the time being.

I looked up in my direction, I could see Nolan come up the stairs and whatnot.

"What the hell... Is there a midnight party or what? I'm already drunk for god sakes.." I murmured to myself.

Lana was talking about what happened recently. Jinnai had breached the castle gates. "But I don't wanna run around.." I murmured to myself again. And it was right after Kane said "They're tougher than the marines we fought last time", I snapped out of my laziness and got up. I was furiou sabout Kane's comment.

"YOU THINK THE MARINES SUCK AT COMBAT!? You wanna know how well themarines fight? I'lll show you! I'll do this alone!"

Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

AOL Instant Messenger - holyknightwayne
View Profile Email
« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2004, 08:20:47 pm »

Enter the Shadow[/i]

*gets bricked for lame title*

---

Xanas Antares had been told many things about Floristica, capital of Roshtaria and essentially the epicenter of contemporary El-Hazard civilization; but he had never yet been there.

And, he thought, looking over the damaged city from his vantage point atop a nearby hill, ...neither have my mentors, apparently. If Roshtaria's capital was halfway levelled in war, one would think the bloody Tribe would know about it.

He took a pair of binoculars and looked around the city gates. They still stood, indicating the worst of the damage came from... inside? Above? The palace seemed more or less intact, although one of the towers had been levelled... the path of destruction seemed to trail from there outward in one direction... causing massive damage to outlying housing, but fortunately not most of the city.

So what was this? A bomb? A shot from the sky? The assassin looked up, but there was nothing above him; and certainly not the enroaching Eye of God he was half-expecting to suddenly appear.

The gates were unguarded, however, and that was all Xan needed to know. He put his binoculars away, drew his needle gun, checked for perhaps the twentieth time that his nonlethal stun darts were loaded, and holstered it.

And began walking down toward the devastated center of the city.

---

Xan reached the gate without incident and walked through. Floristica was big, and in traditional El-Hazard style laid out concentrically. He could see the palace from where he was; but getting there quietly....

"Hey, mister!" called a girl's voice from inside the wall, and the disguised Shadow Tribesman paused.

"Yes?"

A young girl of perhaps thirteen stepped from the shadows, and bowed. She was dressed like a typical Roshtarian-- tight vest, with puffed-out pants; and light blue hair. "Do you need a guide, mister? My house was knocked down by the ship, an--"

Xan raised an eyebrow. "Ship, you say? So my guess was wrong. Tell me, my dear... can you take me to the palace? I need to, ah... meet someone, and I would like a back way in."

She nodded, grinning. "Sure, I can do that." Then she put her hands on her hips as Xan resumed walking forward. "...um, I'm not guiding you for free, you know. This is my job."

"Heh, of course, of course." The young man turned around. "And how much do you charge, my dear?"

"Fifty Roshtals!" she exclaimed cheerfully, and Xan's face twitched.

"Seriously."

"Hee hee, right. Ten Roshtals. ...and that's my final offer!"

The Shadow Tribesman couldn't help chuckling quietly, and reached inside his jacket, took a few coins, and pressed them in the girl's hand.

"...thanks. Well, let's go. And my name's Jeane... what's yours?" she inquired, cheerfully.

Xan paused. "...this is going to sound like a cliche. But call me 'X.'"

"Ecks," she repeated dutifully. "Then let's go, X. I'll take you along this ring... normally there's not too many people here, but I saw some huge robot running around that way. So...."

Xan patted his shoulder holster, under the pretense of stretching his arm. "I think I can handle that. Lead on, then. I've been looking forward to this appointment for... a long time."

---

And there's the intro. Xan is following a random NPC (*wonders if anyone caught the joke between allieles and "Jeanes"* :]) toward the palace, which will (of course!) take them by Yumi's house.

PS - How is this, by the way? I want to save the action for the next post or two; this is just like an intro of sorts. No major issues, I trust; and my writing's not too strange? :)

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
executor82
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2004, 12:19:42 am »

Kane turned to Miles. "Aww, c'mon, don't be ridiculous! You haven't met the Bugrom yet! The marines haven't been too convincing in melee combat just waving their guns around, but the Bugrom sure are! Although they're not technologically advanced like your marines, they are still pretty skilled in hand-to-hand combat, you'll see! I'm not saying that the marines weren't skilled, but a Bugrom still is stronger than human! Besides we have no time to put up that kind of discussion right now, we've got more important things to do now! If you really want to show me what a marine is made of, get your head clear and join us, for god's sake! Maybe I'd trust you again, if you perform well!", with that Kane walked out of the room and left the house. He waited for the others outside.

Thoughts crossed his mind. The Marines actually were a bunch of weaklings without their guns! And Miles had never fought him without that stupid rifle, so what the hell should he else think about marines!?! Although it seemed that Miles actually was different to the others. Kane thought of the incident at the clinic, when Miles punched the wall......
« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 12:22:53 am by executor82 » Logged
Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

AOL Instant Messenger - holyknightwayne
View Profile Email
« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2004, 01:01:53 am »

"Is it usual for the city to be so... deserted?" Xan asked, glancing down at his much shorter guide.

"...well, it is late," Jeane explained. "And most people are still taking refuge in the shelters... but my family couldn't affo--"

"Yes," he interrupted, curtly; then sighed as the girl suddenly stopped, looking away angrily. "...I apologize. However I can't help you, and listening to your problems is... discomforting."

Jeane slowly nodded, and brushed under her eyes. "Y-yeah, I understand. It's OK."

She led him in uncomfortable silence for another couple blocks, occasionally pointing out this tourist spot or that landmark-- such as a large, forbidding mausoleum, alabaster dome and ornate detailing suggesting it was used by nobility-- and after some time had passed she paused, stepped into the shadow of a taller two-story tenament house, and waved for Xan to follow her.

"Yes, what is it?" he asked, falling into step beside her; and she waved ahead, pointing into the dim light.

"Somebody's out there," she whispered, and Xan followed her gesture. His eyes took longer to adjust than hers, but quickly he could make out the figure of a young man, estimated at about his height; and with red hair.

"Someone you know?" Xan replied, voice low; and Jeane shook her head, pulling back her blue tresses to avoid risking her long hair being spotted.

"No, I've never seen him before. ...mm, he looks cute, though, doesn't he?"

The Shadow Tribesman looked down at her, surprised. "...odd. I had the strangest feeling you..."

"Went the other way? I dunno, X, I get that a lot...."

Xan stopped for a moment, thinking; then nodded. "Jeane, I want you to do me a favor."

"Now?" she asked, voice rising. "Well, if you insist, but that'll cost more--"

He scowled, waving his hand dismissively. "No, not like that. I'm going to ask him something, then I'm going to give a gesture... right, I'll put my hand behind my back to my sword sheath."

"With you so far," the girl replied, tone not matching the confusion evident in her face.

"Good. When I do that, you come from this position, and call for me. I'll explain that I need to go, and there won't be any suspicion."

"Ooh, smart one!" she said, grinning.

"Yes, thank you. Now pay attention. This will be quick, if he is who I think he is."

Xan straightened up and took a breath, then walked as nonchalantly as possible toward the man he'd seen, all weapons carefully hidden under his illusion besides his sword.

The red-haired youth noticed him quickly and turned to face him, but said nothing at first.

The "blonde" stopped a few meters short, giving a short bow. "Good evening. I was, ah, wondering about something?"

The man nodded. "Make it quick."

Xan smiled. "Of course. I, ah, came on this long pilgrimmage to meet with the esteemed heroes of El Hazard... in particular the retired Fire Priestess, Shayla," he lied, not wanting to arouse suspicion with the lesser-known Earthlings. "You have the look of an elementalist yourself... and from the pictures I've seen, you seem to favor her. I'd like to meet her, if that's possible."

The tanned youth relented, half-smiling. "Good guess. I'm her grandson--"

For an instant a shadow crossed Xan's face; his guess was correct, this was the fiery child who'd come to one of the Shadow Tribe enclaves when he was younger.

"...Kane. But, eh, you can't meet her now. Needs her beauty sleep and all...."

Xan smiled again. "Of course; and it is late. Ah-- what was that?" he asked, hearing voices from inside the house Kane had egressed from. As he and Kane both looked toward the door Xan surreptiously tapped the back of his sword.

The red-haired man's eyes narrowed. "...we're sorting out some problems. ...man, I'm sorry, but there's something I have to do. Uh, why don't you come back here tomorrow?"

"Of course, it'd be an--"

"X!" Jeane called, as though on cue; running up to him, then devoting her full attention to Kane.

"Ahh, and this is my sister." Xan patted her head. "It looks like I need to go as well. Thanks for your assistance, Kane."

Both men nodded; Kane waiting impatiently just outside the house, but he shortly heard footsteps from within, as several were getting prepared to join him, perhaps; and as soon as Xan and Jeane were out of sight the Shadow Tribesman grabbed her hand and darted inside the two-floor inn, cloaking both he and the girl as he ran upstairs.

"Hey, didn't you listen!?" she snapped. "If you want 'guides with benefits,' you gotta--"

Her voice suddenly stopped as Xan, unseen by Jeane, had taken his needle gun and fired a tranquilizer into the girl's arm at point-blank range. She mumbled several more words, then fell to her knees, and tipped forward, in seconds sleeping peacefully.

Xan wasted no time in getting to the window, and sure enough Kane was there-- and he could see the door of the house opening; soon he wouldn't be alone.

Just as well. he thought as he quickly switched the case of tranquilizers for his lethal poisoned needles, snapping it into place; then fitted a sniping barrel extension to the gun. He glanced back down, taking the time to steady his arm in the dark.

Shayla herself wasn't present, but her grandson was... and that was enough for the assassin. The side of Kane's head came into view, red crosshairs indiscernable against his hair. He pressed the trigger....

---

Alright, here you go. :] There's several reasons the first shot would miss, and after that (maybe the second, if he didn't see it coming) it wouldn't be hard to find out where Xan was hiding (he's not invisible now, although his appearance illusion is still up).

Apologies for borrowing Kane for some dialogue, but it wouldn't make sense without it, y'know? I can alter if I got his personality wrong or something. :)

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines