Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 10:48:27 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  I feel the urge to write a fanfic. Be afraid...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: I feel the urge to write a fanfic. Be afraid...  (Read 6067 times)
theravenisdead
« on: July 28, 2003, 02:37:57 pm »

I'd like to write an EH fanfic, but im not sure totally. I dont think I am a good writer, and I admittedly havnt seen all of El Hazard (seen the first and second OAV) so I dun know if I am fully aware of every detail in the series.

Mind you I know lots about every EH series, the basics behind the artifacts in EH, etc but I dont want to go write a fanfic that ends up being either full of errors in the storyline, or is too OOC from the series itself.

Then again, Ive always wanted to do a fanfic for EH.

Self doubt is evil  >:(
El The Istari
Demon God(ess)

I am the pic theif. You are next. Yes, you.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2003, 04:20:04 pm »

Go for it, Shaylas.

I bet it'll be great. :)

Of course I'm out of my mind, it's dark and scary in there!
Forget the dogs of war. The wolves of war are what you should be worrying about.
Excuse me, I seem to have found a Heero in my shoe.
FOR SALE: 1 set of morals, never used
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2003, 04:39:08 pm »

Well, I'm thinking on doing an EH fanfic too. I just haven't got round to it yet.  :P

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
theravenisdead
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2003, 04:59:18 pm »

I have loads of ideas in this walnut of mine, Its only a matter of me putting them into words.  ::)
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2003, 05:02:09 pm »

Welcome to my world.

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2003, 07:26:22 pm »

Maybe you'll be helpful if I ever get into full throttle on my big project; essentially I'm planning for it to require lots of subplots and an ultimate main plot (NONE of which has been 100% decided on, though we have some subplots we'd like to see and a sketchy main plot).  That'd be for another game production, but I suppose you'd have to have interest in that as well.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
theravenisdead
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2003, 12:04:48 pm »

So whatcha talking about? Im listening  :)
theravenisdead
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2003, 01:51:28 pm »

I've started writing it, at the moment it has a prologue.
No title yet, but Ill think of one.

http://www.geocities.com/shaylasr4v3n/fanfic.html Click here to go read it if you like.

I know it isnt very explanatory yet, but still any comments are welcome.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2003, 01:53:17 pm by theravenisdead » Logged
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2003, 02:20:02 pm »

Not a bad start! The story seems fine. I can't really say much more than that, since you've just gotten started, and it can take off in any of a number of ways from here.

Grammatically, there's one habit you should nip right in the bud. Never, ever have more than one person speaking in the same paragraph. This is pretty much the cardinal rule of dialogue. No matter how short the line, if you have a new speaker, you should start a new paragraph.

Let us know when you've written more!

The 1337 poster
theravenisdead
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2003, 02:26:23 pm »

Thanks for the coments. Taken the grammer into account ^^
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2003, 08:54:47 pm »

So whatcha talking about? Im listening  :)

I wish I knew exactly.  I've talked about this randomly on the forum several times.  At this time, though, details are so incredibly sketchy and materials slow to be created.  I do however have a small amount of textures collected from the show itself and some major character models constructed (some passing in quality, some I think need tweaking)...

From prototype 3, not currently up-to-date

From prototype 3, not currently up-to-date; ignore pretty much the whole border

From current prototype

Anyway, all I can show is some random graphical things like this.  The real design is still way farther behind than I'd like it to be.  Unfortunately, I don't have a LOT of time right now to do anything.  But we'll see.  I'll definitely keep anyone interested informed as it goes.  I have a demo video that shows off some camera math for a pseudo-cinematic, but that is so incredibly dated already.  I'd like to have something up-to-date that's more than just a "prototype", but an actual "demo" that shows off what we're going into.  THEN we'll have something to speak of for sure.  :P

Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2003, 09:46:06 pm »

Yaaah... Rob, that's gorgeous. *.*

What are the details of this project, pray tell?

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2003, 10:08:08 pm »

I just wrote a paragraph that says I don't have any details to give! XD

Seriously, I'll keep you informed once I have a better idea about what the hell I'm even trying to do.   :-/

washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2003, 11:45:47 pm »

Hmmm, that look of Shayla;s head from behind really reminds me of the alien/queen alien shot from behind in alien vs predator

hey shaylas raven, what would be the rating of your story?
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2003, 01:24:26 am »

I think this game should be the retelling of the epic struggle Lord God Jinnai and his Bugrom had against the vile sorcerer pig Mizuhara and his harem of haggy harpies (or H3 for short). We can have lots of fights in it, all bloody, especially the final battle where the brave Jinnai stuffs a chopstick into his wimpy archnemesis's eye. If you do a good algorithm for the water effects, we can have some really cool blood spurting like a fountain from Mizuhara's wounds.  ;D

Heh, in that screenshot it looks like Shayla's checking out Afura's ass! I knew it! Ha ha ha!

I Care Deep
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines