Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:15:58 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Humbly requesting a little help
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Humbly requesting a little help  (Read 7521 times)
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2003, 08:41:32 am »

Just a quick correction, if there's still time:

"In the Twain the Three shall meet?" I'm guessing this should be capitalized, since all the other "chapters" of this section of the report were capitalized.

I'm going to take a guess that the boyfriend actually just fell off once the whole island, as it were, become a united, spherical Eye of God once again.

That, though, doesn't really explain why neither Rune Venus nor any of the rest of the cast EVER comment on the guy. Or even look at all sad about his loss.

My personal theory is this: Not long after Chabil is seen for the last time, Afura Mann comes flying in to the rescue, even though she was with the group before. I think that she carried Chabil to safety, and was just then returning to do the same for Rune Venus and Mr. Fujisawa. So, knowing that Chabil was safe, Rune Venus was free to return to the rigors of palace life with no further regrets.

Of course, there's no evidence to prove this, but I think it's a nice, positive, elegant solution to what is a rather deplorable dangling plot-thread. :P

The 1337 poster
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2003, 09:10:34 am »

Perhaps so.  Mmm... yes, we should catalog all the things that Alternative World writers just "dropped" or left unfulfilled like that.  Perhaps ALL of it was just meant to be resolved and properly wrapped up in an unproduced next series.  I mean, sure, leave everyone wondering about the farmer, Qawool's existence, etc. and then all of the sudden have everything come together somehow... I can't think of any example at the moment, but this is the best general plan I can think of.  ;)

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2003, 12:09:13 pm »

That, though, doesn't really explain why neither Rune Venus nor any of the rest of the cast EVER comment on the guy. Or even look at all sad about his loss.

My personal theory is this: Not long after Chabil is seen for the last time, Afura Mann comes flying in to the rescue, even though she was with the group before. I think that she carried Chabil to safety, and was just then returning to do the same for Rune Venus and Mr. Fujisawa. So, knowing that Chabil was safe, Rune Venus was free to return to the rigors of palace life with no further regrets.

Of course, there's no evidence to prove this, but I think it's a nice, positive, elegant solution to what is a rather deplorable dangling plot-thread. :P

Neh, I prefer the utlra-violent Falling Off the Stupid Floating Island theory. The thought of that dumb farmer plummeting to his obscure death, then having his friends forget about him ten seconds later, is to me the FUNNIEST thing in all of El Hazard.

I Care Deep
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2003, 12:21:46 pm »

Personally, I think that it's more very sad how AW writers seem to just drop (no pun intended) potentially important points like that.

... all that Jinnai blood aside.  ;p
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 12:32:54 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2003, 01:03:06 pm »

Don't knock the Jinnai blood, my friend. It keeps you healthy and strong, with a full head of thick, combable hair.

Heh... oh well, I guess Chabil should look at the bright side. At least the writers "dropped" him before Rune Venus did.

I Care Deep
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2003, 01:19:21 pm »

Don't knock the Jinnai blood, my friend. It keeps you healthy and strong, with a full head of thick, combable hair.

... I'm afraid that was the most excellent thing I've read all day.  XD  Of course, I've had kind of a craa--py day.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 01:19:48 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

frizbon
Londs' Screen Time

SERVE THE HIVE...

AOL Instant Messenger - Frizbon
View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2003, 01:17:14 am »

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their help.  With a little luck, I didn't mess it up too bad, and it will be on the pike sometime next month.

Anyways, thanks again.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2003, 09:00:51 am »

Sounds good, frizbon.  Make sure to remind us when it gets up there.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines