Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:23:15 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  hey everyone, i'm a newb with a question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: hey everyone, i'm a newb with a question  (Read 7339 times)
xxpacmanv1
Londs' Screen Time

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2003, 02:07:00 am »

Hey everyone!

Well i just recently bought el hazard: alternative world, el hazard: the wanderers, and el hazard: the magnificent world(OVA's).  I have never seen el hazard and it looked like a cool anime so i decided to buy the entire series(because i hate leaving anime series unfinished).  well my question is, what is the order of the series?  Is it the wanderers first then the ova's then the alternative world or the other way around... or since the ova's are split into two different sections, el hazard ovas and el hazard 2 ova's do i watch the second ova's after the second series(or mayb i'm retarded and have no idea what i'm talking about   ???)  O well, this msg went longer than i expected, but yea can anyone tell me in which order should i watch el hazard? thx
dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2003, 05:42:08 am »

The order goes like this:

OAV1
OAV2
The Alternative World.

The Wanderers is a separate continuity, based off elements of OAV1.

Fujisawa4654
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2003, 10:47:36 am »

But the wanderer's series has, I don't know HOW many episodes, it's all of the previous series put together.. Sorta. I prefer Wanderers over the 3 though  8)

xxpacmanv1
Londs' Screen Time

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2003, 12:08:39 am »

wait.......so the wanderers is basically oav1 oav2 and the alternative world put together.....:( i bought all 3 because i thought the wanderers was totally different...
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2003, 12:10:41 am »

Nah, that's kind of an overstatement.

Wanderers uses some of the elements of El-Hazard to make it El-Hazardy, but it actually rewrites a bit of the core on how El-Hazard operates.  To speak too much might spoil it (or not make sense).  It's different than OAV1/2/AW, don't worry... it's kind of like telling the story of El-Hazard a "different way".
« Last Edit: April 11, 2003, 12:11:15 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
xxpacmanv1
Londs' Screen Time

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2003, 01:05:57 am »

icic, ok thanks  ;D so basically like record of lodoss wars vs. the new record of lodoss wars.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2003, 01:20:02 am »

Have fun!  You will not be sorry you bought this. ;)  Especially after seeing OAV1...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2003, 01:20:15 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2003, 12:37:51 pm »

icic, ok thanks  ;D so basically like record of lodoss wars vs. the new record of lodoss wars.

Yeah EXACTLY! OVA 1,2 and Alternative World all go together... (like Record of Lodoss War OVA)

Wanderers is like the retelling...  (like Record of Lodoss War TV)

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2003, 07:40:33 pm »

Right. Like Loddoss TV-which starts in the middle on the manga continuity -_-;-which is followed by Legend of Crystania. Where as the OVA just starts at the beginning and then veers completely off track. ^^;;;

At any rate, you most certainly did make a good decision by choosing El Hazard! I hope you enjoy the series. Please let us know what you think!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
xxpacmanv1
Londs' Screen Time

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2003, 03:06:29 am »

yup will do  ;D.  O and i heard that the makers of tenchi made el hazard, is that true?  cuz i was thinking of getting all of tenchi also.
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2003, 07:05:28 am »

...How in the world are you affording all of this?

Unless you are buying illegit copies, I don't see how you can manage to buy the whole series and consider another whole series.

...or maybe you are just rich.

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2003, 04:48:10 pm »

yup will do  ;D.  O and i heard that the makers of tenchi made el hazard, is that true?  cuz i was thinking of getting all of tenchi also.

Yup, And Dual and Photon as well. Masaki Kajishima also did a couple hentai titles; Masquerade and Spaceship Agga Ruter. ^^; The former is a pretty good OVA with alot more substance than usual for hentai. The latter is absolutely hysterical. Must be seen to be believed.

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2003, 07:40:15 pm »

Neil has an excellent short intro to the OAV that talks about Hayashi in relation to Tenchi and El-Hazard.  This ought to give anyone a good perspective of how the two are linked in history.  (Based on actual interviews with Hayashi himself.)

If you're lazy, just click here.

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2003, 09:46:52 pm »

Very interesting. Did you also know that, the seed that became Tenchi Muyo germinated in the original Bubblegum Crisis OVA? Hayashi and Kajishima, who were both assistants on that project, were just brainstorming and thought "Wouldn't it be interesting if Mackie went to a hotsprings with the Knight Sabers? Imagine a single young man surrounded by several beautiful young women?" And the rest is history. ^_^;

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2003, 10:15:49 pm »

Well, I'm sure there are plenty of other ties here and there, they just don't pertain to the El-Hazard story.  ;)

But no, I did not know of this, but then I'm not really well versed in BGC either.   Unless we're talking about the data format I invented a long time ago for my games.  ;D  (Bob Glob Clump)

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines