Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:41:01 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Hallo from an italian fan of El-Hazard
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hallo from an italian fan of El-Hazard  (Read 10838 times)
Katsuhiko JiNNai
Londs' Screen Time

View Profile WWW
« on: January 23, 2010, 05:02:16 pm »

Salve (Hello),
I'm Matteo, an italian 32 years old guy.
I live in the open country of Rigrasso in the little town of Savigliano, province of Cuneo. North-West of Italy, near the frontier with France (about 60km in the south of Torino, do you remember Torino 2006?)

Actually I'm a big fan of El-Hazard from about 13 years (when I bought the italian translated OAVS in VHS).
I was really impressed by the nice villain Katsuhiko JiNNai (and his insane laught) so I used its name as my nickname from 1998. In fact I usually use it in all the forums I joined. Unfortunately, in Italy are available (in my language) only the OAV and OAV2. So I never seen the other TV series etc...

Actually I bought on ebay the old RPG published by "Guardians of Order" and I'm considering to create a nice campaign where I will be the Game Master (yes I'm an old fan of RPGs too, In fact I have the old and new Robotech RPG too). The book is really nice, but some informations are poor. I hoped to find a clear map of el-Hazard with all the locations, but it is not present. Somebody could give me more informations about the El-Hazard world? I do not know exactly where are the nations of the alliance and the size of the world too (how much kilometers are from each city or locations? etc etc). Thanks. ;)
Icy EyeG
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

No El-Hazard, no life!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 05:42:47 pm »

Hi! Welcome to the forums!
It's always nice to see fans that are from the time of the beginning of the series.  :)

Wow, never thought that there were tapes in Italian, if would be great to see how they look like. Is it possible for you to contribute with pictures/scans of the covers?  ^^;

Regarding the RPG, well I must say that the Guardians of Order book is the best compilation of El-Hazard information around (and the only one in English). I do suggest, however, to go to the Books on EHOL and take a look at the artbooks, I think you can take a lot of information from many of the illustrations that depict the landscape, objects, villages and relevant places.

As far as I know there's no clear map of El-Hazard and no information regarding the planet itself. However, the day seems to have 24 hours, <scientist mode>the size of the planet should be the same as Earth since the gravity appears to be the same (it could be a bit smaller or larger if the average density of the planet compensates</scientist mode> and there's an AW Single called the 13th Month Revolution, so the year must have more than 12 months.  ;D

EDIT: As far as I know this is the closest you get to a map.
(Is from the Perfect Guide to El-Hazard - page 1)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 06:09:24 pm by Icy EyeG » Logged

Katsuhiko JiNNai
Londs' Screen Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 06:47:28 pm »

Thanks for the informations.
Yes actually the OAV arrived in Italy in 1997 thanks to "Dynamic Italia", it should be available in DVD too, but actually I have still the VHS (I think I will consider to buy some DVD copies).

I have seen another map in the Wanderes gallery too.

I have still some doubt about the background of the bugroms.

I always thought that the bugroms were some type of biomechanical war drones created from the  enemies of the ancients (in some screenshot of the Holy War we see some warmachines with a bugrom design), while their queen was a relic like Ifurita, created to produce more bugroms. However these are only suppositions, the origins of the bugrom are not clear, like a lot of thinks about el-hazard world.

http://www.el-hazardonline.net/screenshots/images_4/340.JPG
http://www.el-hazardonline.net/screenshots/images_4/341.JPG
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 06:57:44 pm by Katsuhiko JiNNai » Logged
Icy EyeG
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

No El-Hazard, no life!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 09:51:06 am »

Yes actually the OAV arrived in Italy in 1997 thanks to "Dynamic Italia", it should be available in DVD too, but actually I have still the VHS (I think I will consider to buy some DVD copies).

Well, if you do buy them, let us know! ;)

I have still some doubt about the background of the bugroms.

I always thought that the bugroms were some type of biomechanical war drones created from the  enemies of the ancients (in some screenshot of the Holy War we see some warmachines with a bugrom design), while their queen was a relic like Ifurita, created to produce more bugroms. However these are only suppositions, the origins of the bugrom are not clear, like a lot of thinks about el-hazard world.

http://www.el-hazardonline.net/screenshots/images_4/340.JPG
http://www.el-hazardonline.net/screenshots/images_4/341.JPG

In my opinion the description made in the RPG book is pretty accurate: the bugroms are insectoids that live in a society similar to bees, ants or termits. Regarding the latter, if you see El-Hazard: Alternative World, the bugroms from Cretaria are known as termite-bugroms.

As for the pictures, I didn't notice before, but the machines do look like insects. However, those are memories from the Ancient Wars that were inside Ifurita (when Makoto "hacked" her) and therefore I think they are just war machines from that era, which have nothing to do with the bugrom.

Katsuhiko JiNNai
Londs' Screen Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 07:30:54 am »

I have completed my RPG El-Hazard map, including the major locations from the OAV. I used the simple map from the Wanderers gallery. Here you can see the:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/439/mappaelhazard.gif

Actually I do not know a lot of places (and Characters) from the Wanderers and Alternative series than could be useful for the RPG. Is it available a simple guide for these places?

What is the name of the money used in the Alliance? I see than in the Wanderers it is called "Roshtals".

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 08:11:53 am by Katsuhiko JiNNai » Logged
Icy EyeG
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

No El-Hazard, no life!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 09:16:01 am »

I have completed my RPG El-Hazard map, including the major locations from the OAV. I used the simple map from the Wanderers gallery. Here you can see the:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/439/mappaelhazard.gif
Nice! I do wonder, however, if some of the places you added were already mentioned on the map (albeit illegible).

Actually I do not know a lot of places (and Characters) from the Wanderers and Alternative series than could be useful for the RPG. Is it available a simple guide for these places?

Since Geocities went down (and throughout the recent years) many good sites have disappeared. Therefore a major EHOL update is being prepared to compensate this. It'll be published in a few weeks.

What is the name of the money used in the Alliance? I see than in the Wanderers it is called "Roshtals".

I suppose so (since the artwork for the money is almost the same).
Here's a Currency Conversion Chart:

YearRoshtalYenUS DollarUK Pound sterlingEuro
26/05/19951300$3.58£2.18N/A
26/05/20001300$2.78£1.90€3.06
26/05/20051300$2.78£1.52€2.21

Katsuhiko JiNNai
Londs' Screen Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 09:37:30 am »

Fine, I will wait the EHOL update. :)
Actually there are some locations in the map than I think are only in the Wanderers TV serie (some moutains and a southern City I do not know). The only clear location is the Mount Muldoon and Floristica. I included the other places using some informations from the RPG, pictures from other maps and supposition. I included a km scale scheme for have an idea of the size of El-Hazard. This will be really hepful for the travels of my players.

Just for information: Could you give me some informations about the places of El-Hazard? I only know the locations in the RPG book. What is the name of the other mountains, rivers etc? Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 04:42:43 am by Katsuhiko JiNNai » Logged
Icy EyeG
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

No El-Hazard, no life!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 06:05:56 am »

Just for information: Could you give me some informations about the places of El-Hazard? I only know the locations in the RPG book. What is the name of the other mountains, rivers etc? Thanks.

Since you are using the map from the Wanderers timeline, there are some locations that only exist there and not on the OVA. However, there's little information about them: It's quite a pity that they didn't make other resource books in English about the other El-Hazard timelines/series....

Katsuhiko JiNNai
Londs' Screen Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 09:29:37 am »

I have seen the first OAV2. The characters are speaking about a great mount called "Hilli Koko(?)" (this could be the italian translation), so I think it could be "Koko Hill"... Actually what is the name of this mount in the english version? Thanks.

With this mount I should have included all the official places from the OAV serie in the map. I wil not include the places from Wanderers, for now... Later I could include more lands for the El-Hazard world, using some arabian legends or other anime sources (like the nations of nausicaa, for example).
Icy EyeG
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

No El-Hazard, no life!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 10:07:05 am »

I have seen the first OAV2. The characters are speaking about a great mount called "Hilli Koko(?)" (this could be the italian translation), so I think it could be "Koko Hill"... Actually what is the name of this mount in the english version?

That's Lilicoco Mountain. It's supposedly the mountain that Fujisawa was running away to in order to escape the wedding. It's probably as big as Mt. Muldoon, but the funny thing is we never actually see it in OVA2, or anywhere else for that matter.  ;D

Katsuhiko JiNNai
Londs' Screen Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 07:36:23 am »

ACH! I tried to find the El-Hazard DVD version, but it isn't available in Italy. The dynamic italia sold only the VHS version.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines