Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:56:08 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Searching for a specific Makoto/Ifurita picture.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Searching for a specific Makoto/Ifurita picture.  (Read 6248 times)
jockomegane
Londs' Screen Time

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile Email
« on: May 23, 2009, 01:06:01 am »

Greetings!

I have been an admirer of El-Hazard for over five years now and I have recently embarked upon a quest to find a certain image that has eluded me for a while.  Just something to spice up the screen-saver,  you know? ;-)

The image is one that appears to be "official" AIC art, and it shows, very simply, Makoto and Ifurita holding hands at the end of OVA 1, episode 7.  Now, this is NOT the great scene where Ifurita is running towards Makoto after he warps in to save the day.  Nor is it during the ending credits.  This picture takes place after Makoto's return to Earth when he and Ifurita are just standing together and holding hands.  It almost seems like a deleted shot from OVA 1, really.  The picture also just looks great too.

If one needs a further visual reference, check out this El-Hazard AMV on YouTube.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCQOE3weLWg

The image I speak of is at 3:48 to 3:54.  

My request is simple; I would very much appreciate a high quality scan of that picture.  I have looked all around the Internet and have not been able to find it.

Thank you all in advance.  :-)
Icy EyeG
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

No El-Hazard, no life!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 07:10:21 pm »

Hi! Welcome to the forums!  ;D
I think I have a digital copy of that image somewhere (I'll have to find it first  ^^; ).
However, I don't remember seeing it in the artbooks.
I'll confirm it though and tell you if I've found it.  ;)

ninja-edit: quick search on Google gave this:

However, I think I can find one with better resolution....  :P
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 07:24:12 pm by ice_eyeg » Logged

jockomegane
Londs' Screen Time

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 11:20:38 am »

Hello!

It is indeed good to be on the forums.

Thank you for all of your help.  Yes, that is the picture I was looking for.  Also yes, I was hoping for something in higher resolution.  Nice, big, and clear.

That picture looks so tranquil and happy, doesn't it?  :-)
Icy EyeG
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

No El-Hazard, no life!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 01:15:04 pm »

Well I don't think I have it on my books...  ^^; So I can't get one with higher resolution...

Usually these hard to find images are from the Japanese media releases (LDs, VHS, etc.), but I'm just speculating. I say this because the OVA 2 and Alternative World Japanese LDs are filled with artwork that you don't see anywhere else...

All I can say is... keep looking. Every time I do a Google Search about El-Hazard, I end up getting new images and stuff I didn't know of, so don't give up!  ;)

jockomegane
Londs' Screen Time

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 02:42:26 pm »

That was my theory too, that the picture comes from the back of some LD release or something.  

Oh well, thank you once again.  Back to searching.  At least I have a better picture now. :-)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines