Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:02:33 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Current topic: No Earth Talent in EH? [see inside]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Current topic: No Earth Talent in EH? [see inside]  (Read 14796 times)
bakasama
Dimension Traveler

Yu get ta barnin'... kimi na shiku...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2003, 12:47:43 am »

Okay, who of you have seen Evangelion? (TV + EoE)
I just finished watching it completely (after over 3 years of trying to get my hands on a copy) and it was so twisted, I had to re-run Chobits just to recover from the psychological anguish.

Wooooooo..........
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2003, 02:53:16 pm »

Well, i haven't seen Evangelion, but I'd sure like to.

On that note, I like chocolate.

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2003, 02:58:16 pm »

CHOBITS!!! YAY!!! Actually, I like Chi.   ;D She's sooo cute!!!

And I like chocolate too. Easter is coming up, and even though I technically don't celebrate it for it's religious reasons... I still like the candy!  ;D
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2003, 03:06:33 pm »

*Drool* Chocolate....mmmm....*Drool*

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2003, 03:18:06 pm »

So ... many ... Alielle ... heads ...

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2003, 03:21:43 pm »

I'm gonna change mine in a minute, back to the other Alielle. So don't worry, it'll make more sense any minute now! *Lar goes to change her Pic*

jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2003, 03:25:55 pm »

... The Allielles are coming to get you, Robert...

*cue evil laughter*
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2003, 03:29:07 pm »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

*end evil laughter*

Alielle's take over the world.
Ha.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2003, 03:37:47 pm by larewen_evenstar » Logged

MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2003, 08:58:25 pm »

I just finished watching it completely (after over 3 years of trying to get my hands on a copy) and it was so twisted, I had to re-run Chobits just to recover from the psychological anguish.

This brings to mind my best anime marathon so far:
Friday night:  Second and third Tenchi movies (first viewing)
Saturday:  Neon Genesis Evangelion 1-26 (first viewing)
Sunday:  El-Hazard OVA1 + OVA2 + Alt World

My last marathon to date, in January, was the Wanderers 1-26 + Golden Boy 1-6 in one day.

I love marathon'ing anime DVDs.  Don't know when I'll get to do it again, though.  Too darn busy on the weekends these days.

I haven't seen EoE yet.  I heard there were a lot of defective disks in the initial release.  I guess they've got that sorted out by now, though.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2003, 11:25:27 pm »

Heh heh ^^; I saw both Eva movies several years back as fansubs. Have to say I wasn't terribly impressed.  In fact, Evangelion kinda had me disappointed from the middle of the TV series on. But I suppose I should go back and at least rewatch EoE since It's been so long. And then let Yuzuki comfort me..........

I'm gonna change mine in a minute, back to the other Alielle. So don't worry, it'll make more sense any minute now! *Lar goes to change her Pic*

I'm still confused. O_O;

This brings to mind my best anime marathon so far:
Friday night:  Second and third Tenchi movies (first viewing)
Saturday:  Neon Genesis Evangelion 1-26 (first viewing)
Sunday:  El-Hazard OVA1 + OVA2 + Alt World

My last marathon to date, in January, was the Wanderers 1-26 + Golden Boy 1-6 in one day.

I love marathon'ing anime DVDs.  Don't know when I'll get to do it again, though.  Too darn busy on the weekends these days.

I haven't seen EoE yet.  I heard there were a lot of defective disks in the initial release.  I guess they've got that sorted out by now, though.

Defective discs coming from Manga Entertainment doesn't suprise me. Those vile bastards! Yes, I have "issues" with Manga Ent. Especially the conpletely unwarranted and unreasonable hack job they did on the original Dangaioh! Gawd, I miss US Renditions.  :'(

Speaking of marathons, I don't really have much time to have those anymore these days. But for the last couple weeks, I've been trying to go back and watch some of the old school titles I'm always flouting about but haven't watched in years, like Bubblegum Crisis, Gunbuster, Appleseed, Black Magic M-66, Tank Police and such.... Tonight, Wings of Honneaise!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
bakasama
Dimension Traveler

Yu get ta barnin'... kimi na shiku...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2003, 01:05:02 am »

I heard there were a lot of defective disks in the initial release.  I guess they've got that sorted out by now, though.

I'm not yet into DVD's... Still pretty unaffordable here in my country... All my movies are in VCD format... poor me...  :'(

Currently, i'm gearin' up to watch Cowboy Bebop; just got the 3rd disk (eps 6-8) last week. After that, Full metal panic...

Wooooooo..........
mr._cat
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2003, 07:58:41 am »

Well, I like Neon Genesis Evangelion due to the presence of Ayanami Rei.  There's something Iffy-ish about her, insofar as she's a very private person.

And I also enjoy Blue Submarine Number Six, because of Mutio.  I guess I'm just a push-over for "misunderstood" characters.

;D

=^..^=
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2003, 03:20:30 pm »

Yeah. Rei's cool. I still haven't seen NGE, but it looks and sounds really cool.

Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2003, 08:27:59 pm »

I'll tell you something cool.  That GIF, Mr. Cat, is cool.  :P

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
mr._cat
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2003, 04:54:20 am »

Thank you, Rob Jinnai!  I didn't make that GIF, however.  I followed inter-net tradition and nicked it from somewhere, but I can't recall where.

::)

And now I'll tell you about my heresy, schism or whatever you wish to call it:  Although I find many anime/manga characters appealling, I detest the over-arching formula.

Let's take, for example, El-Hazard.  I'd be quite happy to follow the adventures of the Roshtarian royalty, the however-many priestesses, Iffy, et cetera.  But no, along come these idiotic people from Japan to "save" the day for the local inhabitants!

If I had a dollar for every time I've been subjected to an apology for that formula, I'd be a rich man!  I know all the crass commercial reasons for having to have some annoying schoolboy invade a fascinating foreign culture, with everybody behaving toward him as if he was actually a viable character.

Of course, that's supposedly "balanced" by having yet another tourist show up who's a total jerk; who in the blink of an eye manages to become El Hazard's chief criminal.  Please, go back home and take your annoying countrymen with you!

And let's peek at Neon Genesis Evangelion.  Ayanami Rei has been a test pilot since day one, but along comes the requisite schoolboy to take over as chief test pilot.  Rei is a fascinating character, but she has to stand in the wings (sorry) whilst we're subjected to endless tedium from Schoolboy Hero.

*looks for barf bag*

So, given that I've no sympathy whatsover for the formula, I take pleasure in paying attention to the characters who are actually interesting.  Schoolboys have their places, which are in schools — not in exotic foreign lands nor secret weapons facilities.

Alas, if only the media served art instead of the other way around!  Roshtaria for the Roshtarians, please!

*prepares for inevitable assault by pro-formula folks*

;D

=^..^=

P.S.:  I've heard the Gulliver's Travels defense, too.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 05:09:08 am by mr._cat » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines