Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:03:53 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Idea I had for a sequel to El Hazard
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Idea I had for a sequel to El Hazard  (Read 3931 times)
Triple_R
Demon God(ess)

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2006, 07:46:07 pm »

As many of you probably know, El Hazard and Tenchi are both made by the same parent company of Pioneer.

Now, both shows were going strong with sequels... up until Alternate World. Sadly, there has been no new El Hazard material since then (not that I'm aware of, anyway).

I think that El Hazard would do well to try to re-invent itself somewhat in the same manner that many Tenchi spin-offs have... by that, I mean that you bring in a new cast of characters, but within the same universe, and use established characters from the original season largely for cameo appearances and/or major story archs.

In this vein, I've thought up what a new 26 episode El Hazard series could be like.

I was thinking that "El Hazard: The New World" would be a good name for it.

The idea behind it is this... we fast forward 30 years into the future, beyond the ending of Alternate World (we work off of that continuity). Most of the original cast of characters have passed away and/or eased into something of a retirement. In their place would be seven new key characters...

Watanabe Mizuhara --- A very smart teenager born and bred in El Hazard who has certain powers over machines, and has even made some interesting inventions. A fairly meek, and shy, person, but passionate in what he believes in. He would be the main protagonist.

Masato Fujisawa - Watanabe's best friend, who is gifted with superstrength and speed. He's an excellent fighter, is a chain-smoker, and likes an alcoholic beverage every now and then (but is trying to break the habit since it weakens him). He loves adventuring, and simply hanging out with Watanabe.

Galoria, the Water Priestess - A clever, analytical thinker. A defector from the Shadow Tribe! She as such has pale blue skin, and has to deal with some racist sentiment from many of the Rashtarian people, including from...

Faura Flora, the Fire Priestess - A very fiery person with a never say die attitude, and a big crush on Watanabe. She's the tallest of the Priestesses, and the most outspoken of the three.

Midori, the Wind Priestess - The youngest of the three Priestesses, and also the smallest. A very nice, playful, and sweet girl. She has a crush on Masato.

Sakura - The new unquestioned ruler of the revived Bugrum Empire. She is both Queen, and Commander. She has normal white skin, and light red hair. She does have bugrum wings, but no additional eyes. She wears a black cape, and black leather tights. She is reserved and thoughtful at times, but can also be very impulsive. She has given names to each member of her personally selected core group of Bugrum soldiers. She laughs maniacally whenever a major battle is won, or a plan succeeds (think of the Kodachi laugh from Ranma, or the Naga laugh from Slayers). To make things interesting, Watanabe develops a bit of a crush on her after he meets her, but she absolutely loathes the name "Mizuhara". Needless to say, she's the main antagonist.

There would also be a new Rashtarian Prince, and a new leader for the Shadow Tribe (though I don't have a name for them yet).

My plan was to have the first 13 episodes focus on the new characters, and character development. However, I'd kick the series off (right before the very first showing of the opening intro) with a very old, but physically fit, man jogging up a mountainside with his poor older wife trotting along after him asking why they have to go on such mountain climbing adventures. ;) Then you would hear what sounds like Bugrum noises, and see what looks like Bugrum shadows, and suddenly the couple are attacked, and captured (you don't see them after they scream however)!

I was then thinking it would be good to re-introduce two more "classic" El Hazard characters near the end of the first 13 episodes, including a special surprise re-introduction at the end of episode 13 that would set up the final 13 episodes. The final 13 episodes would bring many of the "classic" El Hazard characters into play, and would see a major three-way struggle between Roshtaria, the more powerful than ever Bugrum Empire, and the cunning Shadow Tribe.

So... what do you guys all think? :) I can get into greater detail if you wish.
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 09:04:59 am »

Sounds like it'd be pretty neat! Now, if only you had strong financial backing, and the ear of Geneon's production staff in Japan. XD

Seriously, though, it's great to see that El-Hazard still has enthusiastic fans. Welcome to El-Hazard Online!

The 1337 poster
Triple_R
Demon God(ess)

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 09:18:45 am »

Sounds like it'd be pretty neat! Now, if only you had strong financial backing, and the ear of Geneon's production staff in Japan. XD

Heh. Thanks, and good point. ;)
I have thought about writing a story/script for the show (I've actually wrote a few scenes already) I was thinking of here. Do you think it would be worth it? I mean, if enough people on this board was to like it...

Seriously, though, it's great to see that El-Hazard still has enthusiastic fans. Welcome to El-Hazard Online!

Thanks again! :)
If you're interested, I can write the first episode or two, and leave it here later this week.

Personally, I think that El Hazard has awesome potential. It's a very high quality (and unique!) show, with excellent characters. Like Tenchi, I don't see any reason why it needs to ever "die". It simply needs to re-invent itself a bit.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines