Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:42:13 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Hey! Post me something!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Hey! Post me something!  (Read 57825 times)
bakasama
Dimension Traveler

Yu get ta barnin'... kimi na shiku...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2003, 04:25:57 am »

which ones Fuu?

the chick in green.

Now you think of it,
Hikaru = Shayla
Umi = Miz
Fuu = Afura.

Hey, same colors too.

Wooooooo..........
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2003, 11:37:44 am »

Has anyone else noticed that in most animes there seems to be three goddesses or preistesses?

The number three is an important number. When things are in threes people see them as balanced. You can have 2 extremes and one that is kind of in the middle.

The number 3 is important in religion as well. (The most obvious here is Christianity-- there are also three major vehicles of Buddhism etc).

On the more technical side, triangles are facinating shapes. So many mathematical problems can be solved using triangles.

Not to mention things that appear in art such as trifoils.

The number three is a sort of standard.  And, as you can see, it works (and you KNOW people go with what works). The chemistry you get from the 3 different personalities in the various animes you mentioned are what make those characters so attractive. By themselves they probably wouldn't be as appealing. But when they come together comic mischief ensues!

Certain other number combinations work as well... but I myself am facinated by sets of three...

Other notable Anime Related 3's

The goddesses in The Legend of Zelda as well as the Triforce.

Rockman, Forte, and Blues form a sort of set of three (good, evil and mysterious). The same can be said of the X series between X- good, Zero- mysterious, and Sigma- evil.

Pita Ten - Misha is an angel, Shia is a demon and Kotaro is the human in the middle (the main one anyhow).

In Final Fantasy games, you traditionally have 3 members in your party (not in Final Fantasy 1 though -- you had 4).

Gundam Wing starts out with three major political groups, The Earth's Sphere Alliance, OZ and the colonies... which then divide into about 7 different factions by the end of the series O_O

You get the idea... 3 is good...

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2003, 08:26:10 am »

I see you carry the honored title of "sensei" seriously...

I... never ever thought of three being that significant...

I just thought it was a good number.

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2003, 03:12:12 pm »

I never thought about it like that. You know too much. Elyrka says that she prefers Minis Tirith, but personally, i like it here better. She knows loads of people on MT, that and its a Lord of the Rings forum. We are both huge fans.

I think i'll try and change my pic, it's kinda big.

see, now isn't that better!

Ok, its broken, no problem, I'll fix it when i get the time.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2003, 04:37:08 pm by larewen_evenstar » Logged

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2003, 08:29:06 am »

You know too much.

You can never know too much...  ^_^

Scary thing is... I'm not sure if that's me or Rock talking... I'll have to get back to you on that one...

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
bakasama
Dimension Traveler

Yu get ta barnin'... kimi na shiku...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2003, 09:06:34 am »

Other notable Anime Related 3's

Hey, you forgot to mention Gekigangar III!
Just finished Martian successor Nadesico, and those jovians are reaaaalllty freaky, man! (to those who haven't seen the series, jovians are humans who colonized jupiter with an anime series [titled gekigangar 3] as their basis for life's morals! Talk about the bible goes berserk.)

*insert quote* [ah, nuthin, just popped into mind...]
3 priesteses to balance the elements, 2 lez's to get the party goin, one guy who's got all the luck.

Wooooooo..........
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2003, 01:35:11 pm »

Erm...do you have to balance the Elements? Cause i wrote a whole book which i hope to get published some day, and in the first book there is four elements (main ones anyway) and two people to each element. In the second one, there is five main elements and two to each element, not including fire cause the guy who controls fire got killed off in the first book. Don't worry, he comes back.

My pic still isnt working, I'll have to get a new one.

It was me who started this, wasn't it?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2003, 02:24:39 pm by larewen_evenstar » Logged

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2003, 03:07:32 pm »

If you mean this post string, then yes.

Interesting... I would like to read those stories sometime...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2003, 11:48:26 pm »

Hey, larewen, just noticed your "this pic still ain't workin'!" bit, and just figured I'd let you know why (it's not your fault)...

Geocities.com doesn't allow "offsite linking".  That means that anything except text or HTML documents can't be "linked" to (accessed by the geocities web URL) from other sites (i.e. here).  Many free hosting services due to this...

Recently, something surfaced that should (for now) help with the problem.  An online tool used to make it so the end-reciever can't tell where you're linking from, you put it in front of your image URL like so:

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Ginza/3258/washu/washu2.jpg

This will probably work until they catch on, anyway.  An alternative trick is to rename the extention (the ".jpg" part) to ".txt", fooling Geocities into thinking its just a text file, and then they can't stop you from using it as an image.  (Just don't try to open the not-really-a-text ".txt" file on your computer other then the browser!)

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2003, 02:44:59 pm »

Thanks. That was really usefull, I might just try findin' a new fic, that one wasn't the best in the world anyway.

Can someone tell me what %/jav means (i think that's it anyway)

Does anyone know where i could easily make my own webpage for free? Cause I have pics on my own PC that i  think i could use as my pic and i cant get them to this website.

See!!!!!! I knew i could get it to work!!!! ;D ;D ;D
Iknow it ain't anime, but I'm a HUGE Lord of the rings fan. Love it, love Orlando, love it, Love orlando more!!!

Hello??? ??

If ur there, say hi!!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2003, 03:21:50 pm by larewen_evenstar » Logged

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2003, 03:16:17 pm »

Lareween - "Does anyone know where i could easily make my own webpage for free?"

There are plenty of services that can do that, but their reputation is pretty crappy (Geocities sites are known to be randomly deleted).

"Cause I have pics on my own PC that i  think i could use as my pic and i cant get them to this website."

I'd like to know what you are planning.

Hi.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2003, 03:24:19 pm by thegameguy » Logged

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2003, 03:24:05 pm »

You do? *Looks slightly scared then thinks for a moment* I'm planning on making a website dedicated to anime images and Lord of the rings images, mostly Orlando Bloom though. *smiles overly insanely*  ;D
Why can't that grin be bigger?

Isn't life great!!!!!! *suddenly a bulldozer runs Lar over* Damn it! I need to teach myself never to say that again.

Hi!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2003, 03:29:05 pm by larewen_evenstar » Logged

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2003, 03:26:59 pm »

Lareween - "I'm planning on making a website dedicated to anime images and Lord of the rings images, mostly Orlando Bloom though."

Sounds like a fansite to me.  Never good with names though (never saw the movie either).

"Why can't that grin be bigger?"

It could, but you would need to edit the images.

Don't you hate it when the person gets a bulldozer on you?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2003, 03:31:50 pm by thegameguy » Logged

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2003, 03:32:17 pm »

Not on Orlando, on the smilie! *another bulldozer runs Lar over* What is going on!?!?!?!?

Orlando Bloom is the guy who plays Legolas. Trust me, you'll love LOTR. My faves the Two Towers. ;D

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2003, 03:36:30 pm »

You know, it's best to move in those kinds of situations...

I could try seeing these movies... when they get cheaper.  I'm a thrifty (aka penny-pincher, cheapskate, etc.) guy.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines