Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:16:18 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  New Oh! My Goddess TV series
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: New Oh! My Goddess TV series  (Read 14361 times)
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2005, 09:48:04 pm »

Speaking of that, I just picked up the latest GN, _Sora Unchained_, today at B&N.  It's numbered 19/20, and is the last edition that will be released in "Westernized" format.  From now on, OMG! will be released as a translated edition of the original Kodasha "tankoubons" beginning with Edition 21 (the same number currently available in Japan.)

Darkhorse did that with Ghost in the Shell: Man-Machine Interface as well, a decision I applaud on all counts! Studio Proteus does rotten things to manga. And I guess they finally figured out that people will simply import the Kodansha Bilingual editions anyway. I mean, hell they're cheaper at the very least!

Oh My Goddess TV was excellent. I was kinda worried, since I was so disappointed with Tenchi OVA3. But AIC proved once again that they can deliver the goods! I liek the way they followed the manga... sort of in parallel. Didn't really make things too different but presented them in a fresh, original way. The only real gripe I have is Sayoko's seiyuu. I don't remember what her OVA seiyuu sounded like. But in the TV series, it doesn't really seem to fit her. Her voice isn't forceful enough. She sounds like a meek, 10-year old girl. ^^; It grows on you though.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2005, 11:53:20 pm »

I had a few nit-picks with the TV series, but I wouldn't be a fan-boy if I didn't.  Overall, I was very happy with it.  Better than nothin', that's for sure.

I wish they'd make a decision on a second season.  The first I'd heard, it depended on the ratings; the last I'd heard, the ratings were good, but now it depends on the DVD sales.  We've got Mara properly animated now, but we still need manga-style wacky-Peorth!
smkviper
Demon God(ess)

Couldn't find a EH avatar, but likes Mai-HiME alot

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2005, 11:49:40 am »

As a quick update, I finally got to sit down and watch the DVD release. I'm quite happy that the dub is good, though Bell's voice will take a little getting used to (not that it is bad, but because it isn't as "soft" as the previous voice actors). Urd's voice sounds alright (in the voice over in the first episode) but I think I'm going to have to hear her be "sultry" before I'm happy with it ;D (And Skuld's voice obviously isn't in the first 5 episodes)

Millenia: Aw. You're a sweetheart, aren't ya. This should be fun.

Ryudo: If your idea of fun is wading through rivers of blood, gobbets of flesh, and gut fresh upon your lips, then yes, it will be fun.

Millenia: Then what a
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines