Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:17:44 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  My El-Hazard RPG [A VidGame, not a text RP]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print
Author Topic: My El-Hazard RPG [A VidGame, not a text RP]  (Read 18406 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2004, 11:34:34 am »

Does anybody know either how to take a screen shot of a dvd while its playing? (because you can't print screen)

This entirely depends on the player software used.  The only one I know is PowerDVD, where you just press "c" or click the camera button in the toolbar and it copies the current frame to clipboard.  (From which you can paste into Paint and save and all that.)  The software you're using may or may not have the feature.

Also does anybody know how to make an .avi video clip from a dvd? This could be some help as I try to put some screenshots into the game. Thanks

Well, firstly there ARE a ton of screenshots available on the site, don't forget that.  ;)  But if you really need video for some particular reason... well, you have to rip your DVD.  And I can teach you to do that, if you want the trouble.  :P

but i cant figure out how to make this look correct:

So i need an idea on that cause its confusing and i cant figure it out.

I think they look great so far, but uh... lessee.  My two guesses are to just join the wall to the stairs going up just like you did in the middle image, since you can just assume that the stairs are going through the wall into a stairwell of some sort, or you use a fading-to-darkness version like you have going downward just ... going upward.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

ICQ Messenger - 16562382 AOL Instant Messenger - Meijer+Bran+TM
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2004, 12:15:17 pm »

I thought it woudl be kind of neat to incorporate some video clips into the game. but i still don't get the stair thing... if you could elaborate more that would be quite helpful.

what do you mean by lessee?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 03:42:25 pm by jopn » Logged
anubimon
Londs' Screen Time

Banzai.

AOL Instant Messenger - Dual+Blader+Kite
View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2004, 06:32:19 pm »

Does anybody know either how to take a screen shot of a dvd while its playing? (because you can’t print screen) Also does anybody know how to make an .avi video clip from a dvd? This could be some help as I try to put some screenshots into the game. Thanks

What program do you use to play the DVD?

You can't make an avi clip directly from a DVD. You'd have to rip the episodes from the DVD onto your computer and then use a splitter.
If you know what clips you want to use and what episodes they are in, I might be able to help you there.
I also know where you can get a splitter, but there's only a  7 day trial, so don't get it until you're positive you know what clips you want. I'll get the link in a second.

Here is the splitter. It's very easy to use.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2004, 06:33:45 pm by anubimon » Logged

Gasp.
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2004, 07:30:53 pm »

WOOT WOOT WOOT! I still can't figure out how to work the stairs, BUT I got my two metal DDR pads and now my little arcade machine is playable. Ahh this makes me so happy. I don't know why I must post it on here but, I felt the need to! So yay for me. Oh by the way Bob, I was still hoping you could explain , or anyone for that matter, about how to get these stairs to look a little better.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2004, 07:58:15 pm »

Crudely illustrated:

A) "My two guesses are to just join the wall to the stairs going up just like you did in the middle image, since you can just assume that the stairs are going through the wall into a stairwell of some sort..."

B) "...or you use a fading-to-darkness version like you have going downward just ... going upward."

As for "lessee" --

I think they look great so far, but uh... lessee.

In my context, "lessee" is a slurred "let's see", generally meaning "let's take a look at this".

Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2004, 08:22:59 pm »

hrmm... nice drawings  ^_^V ... i think ill try to work on the fading one i think that one looks the best... but its going to once again make matters a little more difficult... well this whole next week is spring break and ill probably be working on this alot then.... so maybe if i get everything to goto like the first battle on el hazard, I'll make a little release for you all to see how it is going to be like. Anyways... gonna get some shut eye... later
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2004, 08:54:42 am »

WELLLLL progress has be halted because I've been getting addicted to Final Fantasy IX... It's a bad thing. I got the opening scene working so that you'll talk to the kids and Fuji will come down and put the sign up so you can't go down. That took a great deal of time amazingly enough. The day I finish FFIX Maybe then ill be back here to work on the game. Lazyness is a horrible horrible HORRIBLE thing. If anyone wants to help by making me some more character sprites of just random people in school uniforms (male & female) it would be greatly appreciated because thats a lot of people i have to make. The templates have been shown in past posts on here. Although I doubt anyone will want to help, if you do it'd be nice. Thanks
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2004, 02:39:06 pm »

You see, this is exactly why I try to stay off RPGs and MMORPGs.  The former takes takes a damn long time to complete and the latter takes a lot of time to move at snail speed to no goal.

Well, one thing to learn, Jojo -- it's hard to get help over the internet.  So if you halt, it'll probably stay halted for quite some time.   -_-

Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2004, 03:11:16 am »

You see, this is exactly why I try to stay off RPGs and MMORPGs.  The former takes takes a damn long time to complete and the latter takes a lot of time to move at snail speed to no goal.

Heh I agree :p As much as I like RPG's I'm at a point in my life where I need games that I can pick up and put down like an hour or 2 later feeling satisfied :p RPG's take too long to give me an amusing conclusion.

Now if they had a Chip n' Dale's MMORPG then I'd have to play it. "Once you're 31337 ... all the n00bs will fall to your feet."

http://www.askcorran.com/flash/chipndales.htm
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004, 03:11:34 am by ifurita » Logged

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2004, 08:26:27 am »

AHHHH!!! 15 hours and 53 MINUTES!!! and im only on disc 2 .... I HATE THIS!!!!!!!! But after I finish, I will be back to work on my own... damn final fantasy..
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2004, 09:17:47 pm »

You see, it is for this reason that I stick mainly to fighting and shooting games. You pick up the controller and go "Chew wan' to play rough?! Hokay!!" And, you're done.

Chip n' Dale's MMORPG!!!!!  ;D

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2004, 03:44:53 am »

I used to despise any sort of RPG like your Final Fantasy VII when I got so far but screwed something up earlier so I could not pass any further and I was also annoyed with teh sort of fighting style. I'm still not a big of the fighting style but the story line is excellent. I wen't over to my friends house and watched him play FF XI online and it was cool so then I decided to pop the FF IX disc in and try playing, and what would you know its awesome, but the bad part is, I think its going to end up like how El Hazard ended, it didn't end horrible but your going to want to see more, and your not going to be able too... Daffff, Oh well...
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2004, 09:07:50 am »

I know.  The only FF game I ever had patience to partially digest was FF7 because it had some very neat, intertwined storylines.  But... it's like my sister said, my preference is games I can put a couple hours into and then go away for a while knowing I've succeeded a lot (as opposed to spending two hours battling monsters to raise two levels.  ;) )

Amazingly I did once have the patience to play Dragon Warrior for the NES.  However, I think that game had a few loopholes where even a weakling could occasionally battle a too-strong monster and get major EXP for his level.  Always good times.

And the max level was 30 because the EXP counter would hit the end of a 2-byte number (65535).  Reminds me of Pole Position's 255 MPH (end of a single byte.)  Ah, those were the days...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 09:09:27 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

Andrusi
Bugrom Forces

Powerlink!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2004, 10:51:04 am »

If anyone wants to help by making me some more character sprites of just random people in school uniforms (male & female) it would be greatly appreciated because thats a lot of people i have to make.

At this scale it'd probably be easier to just make one or two and then recolor them repeatedly.  Heck, you can even recolor Makoto, Jinnai, and Nanami if you have to, as long as they end up looking different from the real M/J/N.

'Tis a fairly standard RPG practice, for sprite-based RPGs at least.  With the uniforms they'll all end up looking the same anyway, so...

ANDRUSI

Sanity not included.
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2004, 12:06:19 pm »

recolor what??? all you have to recolor is their face and their hair..
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines