Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:02:49 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  My El-Hazard RPG [A VidGame, not a text RP]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: My El-Hazard RPG [A VidGame, not a text RP]  (Read 18453 times)
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

ICQ Messenger - 16562382 AOL Instant Messenger - Meijer+Bran+TM
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2004, 08:36:04 am »

Alright everybody... here (for you) is the ifurita sprite. Although it doesnt look the greatest. I tried for quite some time to make it look good and for it to fit into the game properly.

Hummm... I still got to make quite a few. I'm going to list off the main ones i need so i can remember :-D...

Diva, Londs, Dr, Rune, Afura, Alielle, the boy the girl and the main guy of the Phantom Tribe and human sprites of the same people (besides the kid i think), Makoto Female/Fatora, a few bugrom Groucho being one, old guy with same ability as makoto in ova2, that demon goddess. I'm thinking thats mostly the main characters... If not give me some more names. other than that I have to make a bunch of towns folk and school folk. So slowly its getting there.
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2004, 10:05:28 am »

I tell yah i can not make a building look like a building... (that is sapposed to be a school) depressing isnt it?
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2004, 11:27:58 am »

I think your main problem is that Shinonome school does not have a tiled roof.  Its tops are relatively flat, except for a few of the rooftop equipment.

http://www.el-hazardonline-dl2.net/screenshots/images_1/161.jpg

Note how the rooftop looks.

http://www.el-hazardonline-dl2.net/screenshots/images_1/052.jpg

The dormatories seem to have the slanted rooftop, but that's about it.

http://www.el-hazardonline-dl2.net/screenshots/images_1/010.jpg

This is the front door.  Notice how they are relatively large.

You may want to work on a closer perspective than you are currently working on.

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2004, 05:06:09 pm »

I thought sprites were a pain.. trying to work with this picture things is even more of a pain in the butt... :-/ I'll try to work on this again...
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2004, 09:16:29 pm »

Well ok. I'll try to make the building look like the building somewhat (colors and windows) but I don't believe I'm going to layout this identicle to what the OVA looks like. That would just be to hard. The dormotories, co-ed or singles gender?

Do you think its alright that I kind of just have the school just look like some sort of school campus and not the actual one?
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2004, 09:23:35 pm »

Personally, I would not mind.

Shinonome High was shown for only about 15 minutes in the OVA and then it was gone.  Just get as close as possible.  Besides, there is no known "blueprint" of the campus.

About the dorms, I know that Edinboro University had Male and Female dormatories and 1 Co-ed dormatory, that's it.  So, perhaps one dorm would be Co-ed, and the rest would be single gender.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 09:24:05 pm by thegameguy » Logged

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2004, 09:54:02 pm »

so what??? there's more than one dorm?
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2004, 10:16:02 pm »

About the dorms, I know that Edinboro University had Male and Female dormatories and 1 Co-ed dormatory, that's it.  So, perhaps one dorm would be Co-ed, and the rest would be single gender.

Err... I think What Tim's trying to say was Edinboro University (where I went) had co-ed dorms. We USED to have an all girls dorm, but that changed. Now all they have are all girls and all guys FLOORS. You can also choose to live on a mixed girl+guy floor. Though I am certain that you will be given a same gender roommate ^_~

As far as wether or not Shinonome High had co-ed dorms, or even more than ONE dorm, I don't know and I'm not sure if it's made clear in the OVA.

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2004, 12:27:38 am »

Well, no, it's not really.  Shinonome serves very little purpose except that it's where the characters start.  I mean, you mentioned it before, Jojo.  You have maybe Makoto walking around talking to a bunch of kids who are standing around looking at the hole.  It's kind of a classic way to start an RPG.  Talk to enough people or maybe a certain one and that triggers Fujisawa walking in to tell everyone to head back to class.  :P

The next main event is Jinnai doing his newscast, which is pretty much all a cinematic event.

I mean, really, the only thing you'd even maybe have to design is the front of the school itself, and that's only for the brief moment where Jinnai's chasing Makoto around.  Then when time freezes, Makoto goes back in the school and, for the most part, the rest of it is completely worthless to even think about.  Just focus on making an overhead of the cracked up stairway and and overhead of the pit where Jinnai does his newscast.  That shouldn't be too hard.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2004, 06:45:18 am »

there so far is inside the school.... what should i do about doors? and how bad do you think the school's insides looks?
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2004, 08:58:15 am »

Err... I think What Tim's trying to say was Edinboro University (where I went) had co-ed dorms. We USED to have an all girls dorm, but that changed. Now all they have are all girls and all guys FLOORS. You can also choose to live on a mixed girl+guy floor. Though I am certain that you will be given a same gender roommate ^_~

As far as wether or not Shinonome High had co-ed dorms, or even more than ONE dorm, I don't know and I'm not sure if it's made clear in the OVA.

I would guess that the school has no dorms at all. It's never implied that it's anything more fancy than a public school, after all, and as far as I know, even in Japan it's not common for public schools to have dormatories.

More telling, though, is the fact that only Mr. Fujisawa, Nanami, Makoto, and Jinnai were sent to El-Hazard, even though Jinnai was outside of the building when Ifurita worked her interdimensional portalage. If there were other students on-campus at the time, why didn't they get transported to El-Hazard?

BTW, the floor layout you came up with looks pretty good. I'd suggest adding some desks, but I'm not sure how difficult that is to do...

The 1337 poster
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2004, 10:17:12 am »

Shinanomi is not a public school... I believe it would have to be a private if they all wear uniforms.
dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2004, 11:19:24 am »

Nah... lots of public high schools have uniforms- the schools in Azumanga and Sailor Stars, to name but two.

dooky, suddenly devoid of webspace and unable to contact webmistress.

theravenisdead
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2004, 11:41:10 am »

Most schools in Japan enforce uniforms as mandatory. Its almost a trademark  ;D
stanky105
Dimension Traveler

Kaboom.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2004, 02:33:39 pm »

Jojo, sorry if I missed this, which RPG maker are you using? It looks remarkably similar to one I was using back in my high school days, I actually think it may be the same. I have forgotten the name of it, the comp it was on has since gone to a better place.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines