Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:38:35 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  My El-Hazard RPG [A VidGame, not a text RP]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: My El-Hazard RPG [A VidGame, not a text RP]  (Read 18461 times)
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

ICQ Messenger - 16562382 AOL Instant Messenger - Meijer+Bran+TM
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2004, 10:37:13 am »

woah... thats a lot of stuff. I'm thinking Makoto is going to be a fighter. When you load the game or go into the menu it shows all your fighters. I would like to show the whole party whos all in your party but I cant... Ill write more later.
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2004, 11:11:05 am »

Dooky - "Hmm... do you know of a method for doing such drawings- ie, is there any specific program for pixel art, or is it just a case Paintshopping on a tiny scale? I'd love to participate in the making of such a game, and given enough time and pracitice I could probably come up with some non-sucky character art. Any idea what scale would be required (eg height in pixels, etc)?"

Like I said, there is a good possibility of this happening, but it will take time.

If you want to get a good program for pixal art... it may seem kind of odd, but an old DOS program "Deluxe Paint" may help.  It uses an extremely low resolution and allows the person to edit on a small scale.  Of course, this is also good if palettes are going to be used.  You may end up just using a program like Photoshop.  As for scaling requirements, I do not know.  It depends on if you want the characters to be all the same size or different.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 11:13:45 am by thegameguy » Logged

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2004, 02:49:08 pm »

I'd love to participate in the making of such a game, and given enough time and pracitice I could probably come up with some non-sucky character art.

Are you saying my pictures suck?
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2004, 02:55:21 pm »

Are you saying my pictures suck?

First, it wasn't Tim who said that, but dooky.  Second, he was talking about himself making sprites for an EH one-on-one fighter came like ledgendary Street Fighter series.  :P  Which, btw, would be excellent.  Actually, if someone made the sprites (the official tech name for the little on-screen graphics of characters and objects, FYI) I might be willing to try to whip you up the engine just arbitrarily.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2004, 02:55:35 pm »

Pocket Fighter... Arent their characters really small? They may be bigger then my sprites so here's a something to think about i guess most of my sprites range from about 23-26 pixels in heighth. If that gives you any sort of an idea and when running my RPG its ran in 320x240 so the pixels come out a lot more. Would your fighting game be ran at the same resolution? If so that could help you with a few ideas.

Mod: If I'm not mistaken I believe someone has made a side view fighting game in RPG Maker.  Just to give you some more idea's to ponder about.

By the way about the whole sucking thing I was just kidding and really dont care. I like how my things look  ^_^V
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 03:04:05 pm by jopn » Logged
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2004, 05:12:37 pm »

Alright, well a little bit ago I was messing with RPG Maker. Alright when people attack don't they usually have more then one attack on an RPG? This seems to allow you to only have 1. Then all the rest are magic. Of course you can set the MP to 0 and just let it be called attack instead of what is really called attack, but its kinda dumb because it says it takes up 0 MP wich I don't need to see. I guess I'll research a little bit and see what I can find.
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2004, 05:23:05 pm »

Alright, well a little bit ago I was messing with RPG Maker. Alright when people attack don't they usually have more then one attack on an RPG? This seems to allow you to only have 1. Then all the rest are magic. Of course you can set the MP to 0 and just let it be called attack instead of what is really called attack, but its kinda dumb because it says it takes up 0 MP wich I don't need to see. I guess I'll research a little bit and see what I can find.

Hmm... Well, in my experience (which mostly includes Final Fantasy games, but also a few others), generally a character gets only one attack. Usually, a character's command list breaks down like this:

ATTACK
MAGIC
SPECIAL
ITEM

SPECIAL usually isn't called SPECIAL. It might have any of a number of different names. In Final Fantasy 6, for instance, every character had their own SPECIAL (for Cyan it was SwordTech, for Terra it was Morph, for Celes it was Runic, and so on), with abilities that might or might not require the use of magic points.

When you use ATTACK, your character walks out and hits the enemy with his or her weapon. You don't have a choice of many attacks; if you've got other types of attacks to use, they will be located under SPECIAL.

I'm guessing that's what RPG maker had in mind: Every character gets exactly one attack. Any other attacks need to be 0-cost "magic spells".

*Shrugs* If I were you, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. No one's really going to care if Mr. Fujisawa's Fist of Justice technique is found under the Magic menu as a 0-cost spell. They'll just be happy it's there. ;D

The 1337 poster
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2004, 09:36:32 pm »

Alright then here There will be

ATTACK (weapon)
POWER(Shayla basic fire power/fujisawa punch)
MAGIC(Shayla kick ass hurt everyone biotch attack/Fujisawa kick ass hurt everyone attack)
DEFEND(... obviously you know what it means)
ITEM(...)
RUN

Sound good? See the power is a menu identicle to magic... it will just have a ttacks that dont take any MP
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 09:43:01 pm by jopn » Logged
dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2004, 07:09:07 am »

Actually, if someone made the sprites (the official tech name for the little on-screen graphics of characters and objects, FYI) I might be willing to try to whip you up the engine just arbitrarily.

Just a few things I whipped up in Paintshop last night...

Wow, it's been so long since I've done anything El-Hazard related...

The smaller ones correspond roughly to Pocket Fighter scale, I think. I used a new method to colour them, creating a semi-transpartent layer over a pencil drawing then painting over the top. Then I reduced it to 256 colours and shrank it down. I'm quite pleased with Nanami, although Shayla might need a bit of work...

I don't mean to attract attention away from the RPG project, but since I'm considering working away on these sprites in the background for a bit, does anyone have any more suggestions?

dooky

Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2004, 09:48:10 am »

I think they look neat! I enjoy em. They look a lot better than mine but your also working on a much larger scale. I don't think your shayla looks that bad either. I was more curious on the fact that, that is 256 color. It seems like you have a lot of color and the colors I tried to use and what not just didnt work out that nicely. Other than my own curiousity... Excellent... I dont mind that you are posting in my RPG thing either. It is all good.

Oh arent the thing on Shayla's shoulders like a silvery blue color? Maybe not...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 09:49:22 am by jopn » Logged
dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2004, 10:58:27 am »

I was more curious on the fact that, that is 256 color. It seems like you have a lot of color and the colors I tried to use and what not just didnt work out that nicely. ...

There are different methods of reducing the colours, at least in Paint Shop: I think it's something like Windows safe, Optimised Octree and Median Cut. I use the last two (Windows safe gives you horrible results), but I'm not sure which is the 'correct' method to use for this sort of thing. I think both of them probably only use about 20 colours in total, actually.

Oh arent the thing on Shayla's shoulders like a silvery blue color? Maybe not...

Could be: I'm using the OVA1 outfit though. I think they might light up blue when she powers up... Meh, I've not watched any El-Hazard for months ^_^ Incidentally, your sprites look nice too... I guess you have to build them up pixel by pixel, right?
Anyway, thanks for your comments. Maybe I'll try to do another character tonight.

dooky

Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2004, 10:52:05 pm »

Yeah for my sprites do I have to do one pixel by one pixel. Its quite difficult, yet fun. Although I've been pretty busy with school work and havent been able to work on it lately. Ill probably work on it a lot tommarow and other times over the weekend. Anyways I'm tired. Good Night.
Andrusi
Bugrom Forces

Powerlink!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2004, 03:10:55 pm »

Yeah for my sprites do I have to do one pixel by one pixel. Its quite difficult, yet fun.

Welcome to spriting.  ;D

ANDRUSI

Sanity not included.
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2004, 05:40:17 pm »

... i need help. I can't seem to make any building that looks similar... I just need some suggestions what I should try doing or something. This RPG just keeps on getting harder and harder!
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2004, 11:23:56 pm »

I did what i could to my Ifurita this morning and this is what she looks like.

Yes, that's very good. And, very cute! ^.^ Needless to say, OVA Iffy is my favorite chara.

A bit OT, but something I always thought would be great is an El-Hazard fighting game. Not exactly in the SFII sense, more in the Pocket Fighter way of things. (If you don't know PF, it's basically a chibi croosver of SFII and Darkstalkers, with bizarre comedy attacks and transformations) Somebody's already making an Azumanga equivalent of PF, and I've always wondered what an El-Hazard version would be like.

Oh really now? Speaking of, reminds me of this Azumanga Daioh/Ikkitousen crossover pic:

http://home.earthlink.net/~saucer/ikkitousen-daioh.png

^_^ There have been rumors circulating on and off for awhile now, about a Capcom vs AIC fighter. Any sort of El-Hazard related fighter would rule and rule!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines