Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:27:10 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  El-Hazard OAV Art book on eBay
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: El-Hazard OAV Art book on eBay  (Read 6092 times)
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2003, 10:11:50 am »

Would an TV Ifurita figure be on ebay, then I would, because I would move hell and heaven to outbid Spanner. XD

I wouldn't worry TOO much, Alexei. I tend to start to balk when models and figures start getting into the $50 to $60 range, and most of the nice TV Ifurita models I've seen have been at LEAST $100. I just don't see myself paying that much for a figurine. Even a cute one like Iffy. :-[

Anime is indeed an expensive hobby for us. But just imagine what it would be like living in Japan, where DVDs are anywhere from $80-120 (equivalent) each and only have 1-3 episodes at best?

Yeah... I guess that's one of the reasons why Japanese distributors get antsy about Western releases of DVDs. Even imported, they're often cheaper than the domestic versions, they typically have more episodes per DVD, and as a bonus they get a cool English dialogue track. We Western anime fans sometimes forget how good we really have it.

If I recall correctly, that's the reason the Princess Mononoke was delayed for so long. It was hella expensive in Japan.

The 1337 poster
tvifurita
Dimension Traveler

Waaaa~~~aah! What is this..???? ~Help...

AOL Instant Messenger - TVIfurita
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2003, 12:17:47 pm »

I wouldn't worry TOO much, Alexei. I tend to start to balk when models and figures start getting into the $50 to $60 range, and most of the nice TV Ifurita models I've seen have been at LEAST $100. I just don't see myself paying that much for a figurine. Even a cute one like Iffy. :-[

Wait a second. You have seen some? You probably will feel my murderous intent from over the ocean right now. Yes, that c hilly feeling is coming right from me. And no, the big clouds of dooms aren't far either.

Seriously though, where DID you see them? I looked for so long and only ever saw the screenshot of ONE O.o Please, when you see one out of your range, please tell me oO Unless its totally out of range, I'd claim it ^^'
Yeah, I'm insane, but I collect odd things, and I can since I save the money everyone else is spending on alcohol >=3
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 12:18:59 pm by tvifurita » Logged

Evil is about being nice!

Cleaning Cleaning! Fix Fix! Cleaning Cleaning!
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2003, 01:13:40 pm »

Seriously though, where DID you see them? I looked for so long and only ever saw the screenshot of ONE O.o Please, when you see one out of your range, please tell me oO Unless its totally out of range, I'd claim it ^^'

I'm probably mistaken, then. If I really had seen one, I'm sure you would have, too. But I do know that those resin models tend to be ridiculously expensive, and I thought I remembered seeing a price tag next to one of the Iffy pics I saw. If I do see one, though, I'll keep you in mind and refer you to it! ^_^V

Yeah, I'm insane, but I collect odd things, and I can since I save the money everyone else is spending on alcohol >=3

That is also one of my wellsprings of money. ^_^V Every now and then, I spot the prices for wine, or even beer, and think to myself, "Boy, I'm glad I'm not even tempted."

The 1337 poster
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2003, 10:59:40 pm »

Yeah... I guess that's one of the reasons why Japanese distributors get antsy about Western releases of DVDs. Even imported, they're often cheaper than the domestic versions, they typically have more episodes per DVD, and as a bonus they get a cool English dialogue track. We Western anime fans sometimes forget how good we really have it.

If I recall correctly, that's the reason the Princess Mononoke was delayed for so long. It was hella expensive in Japan.

Indeed! That's was also part of the impetus behind DVD Region Codes. Except that now we also have region free DVD players and DVD-r drives for computers. ^^;

But now, Buena Vista Home Video (AKA Disney  -_-) is apparently handling the release and distribution of Studio Ghibli films in Japan. I just saw a release date for Nausicaa the other day and was thinking "Gawd, they haven't released that on DVD in Japan yet?!"

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines