Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:02:27 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  the scanned art book...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: the scanned art book...  (Read 5943 times)
Maglash
Londs' Screen Time

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2003, 04:42:29 am »

hi long time lurker first time poster =)

i figure this would be a better place to ask then the main Ezh board.

anyway i have been trying to download one of the scanned books ( the 1997 one ) and can normally get a rate of 3 - 4 kbs with my poor old dialup connection, but when i try to get this book the speed immedity drops to 1k a sec ? but only when trying to download the scanned books.

does this mean the server that stores these files has a speed cap on it ?

anyone know and any suggestions  ???
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2003, 07:41:34 am »

The server has a rediculous speed cap on it.  Theoretically, one guy could transfer at a maximum of 10KB/sec.  However, this total is divided among ALL current users at a time.

Now this is only still active because I absolutely can not get any reliable, professional hosting at a low cost that can store all these big files.  You're stuck downloading off me.  And with DSL's pathetic upstream of 128kbps, if I DON'T cap it, then just one broadband user paralyzes my internet connection so I can't even use it.

My best suggestion would be ... if you know of any good, cheap, large capacity hosts, just let ol' Uncie Rob know  ^^;

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Maglash
Londs' Screen Time

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2003, 07:53:11 am »

^^; darn i thought it might be something like this <sigh> and i wish i did know some good hosting place but not really my area oh well.

btw love the site and the all the work you and anyone else that helps has put into it
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2003, 05:39:59 pm »

So Rob, what's the deal with Zmoz anyway? It did seem to good to be true. I was going to get an account myself, but that little voice inside me told me not too. Guess it was a good decision?

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2003, 12:17:14 am »

I emailed their tech support address and I got a bounce-back.  ;p  Someone from some other Zmoz hosted site had emailed me as a "fellow subscriber" randomly during this escapade.  He wanted to know if I knew anymore than he did.  Heh.

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2003, 07:06:58 pm »

I emailed their tech support address and I got a bounce-back.  ;p  Someone from some other Zmoz hosted site had emailed me as a "fellow subscriber" randomly during this escapade.  He wanted to know if I knew anymore than he did.  Heh.

Seems that I'm better off with my paid Angelfire account after all. ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Maglash
Londs' Screen Time

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2003, 06:16:50 am »

hi me again =)

had a go at letting the pc go for a few hour to get a book. got the 1997 book ok but....

i have made two attempts to get the perfect guide and each time its saying the download size is less then the 50 megs advertise and each time is have stop part way saying it was finish giving up a unreadable zip file ?

anyone else had this problem with this file
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2003, 10:40:02 am »

Mm, nope.  pguide.zip is 49,920KB (~50MB) and is perfectly valid.  Are you using a download manager of some kind?  Those seem to break under my system restrictions.

Man I wish I could afford some reliable professional hosting.  ;_;

Maglash
Londs' Screen Time

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2003, 10:54:51 am »

nope just a standard "save target as" browsing with IE5

Hmmmm ok well might give it try number three this week a some point
Maglash
Londs' Screen Time

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2003, 02:02:31 am »

ok just a minor point been getting ready to have another go at the perfect guide but its still saying its 48.2 megs when i do a save target as and its saying this when checked from 2 different pcs ?
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2003, 06:43:38 am »

I know this has nothing to do with the art book... but... Bob...

Where the HELL is FROM?!

Heh I see you have the witch chick from the Krion conquest in your sig.

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2003, 08:07:24 am »

Where the HELL is FROM?!

The very short story goes that I was at VGMusic and I saw this one MIDI for a game called Kiwi Kraze.  The MIDI sounded pretty wacky...

http://www.el-hazardonline.net/El-Hazard/temp/rob/kiwi-g.mid

... and so me and Tim were inclined to check it out for the fun of it.  I thought for sure with music like that it'd be a puzzle game or something for some reason.  But, no, it's actually a pretty short, vanilla platformer game.  But it was kinda fun for some reason.  You're the Kiwi there, named Tiki.  The generic plot is that, in the land of New Zealand, your nemesis the walrus (why?) has kidnapped all of the other Kiwis, who are ALL your friends and one who is specifically your girlfriend, Phee-phee.  And it seems all the other animals are working for the Walrus too.  Probably the most interesting fact of the game is that enemies don't actually hurt you by contact (save for bosses).  Just their projectiles do.  An interesting rarity in game worlds.  Otherwise it's a very simple tile scroller playing a shooting bird in tennis shoes.  I think it was the music that made it fun.

Oh, and the Krion girl (Francesca) is shouting "Why don't you hack in some HTML!!?" because a REAL marquee tag could be set in the other direction.  If you were curious.

I have a similar setup of these two graphics on the Moogle Cavern, only they're switched.  Francesca stands under my name and the kiwi is running to the right with a link to this site with a gag "Click on Tiki Kiwi to WIN!" message.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2003, 08:13:42 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2003, 01:55:04 am »

The very short story goes that I was at VGMusic and I saw this one MIDI for a game called Kiwi Kraze.  The MIDI sounded pretty wacky...

O_O I MUST HAVE THIS GAME! After all it has weird ass music and an evil walrus in it! Umm could you throw it in my ftp?

That midi is hilarious! I'll have some time this coming weekend to play it too! ^_^ We got like practically a full week off school next week well... free from students... not REALLY off for me... But I'll have more free time than I've had in a while... ^_^

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2003, 07:49:20 am »

KiwiKraze.nes has been placed in your root.

Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2003, 02:18:27 am »

KiwiKraze.nes has been placed in your root.

Excellent!

I have some time this evening! After I'm done bumming round on the net I'm playing Kiwi Kraze!!!!

Thanks Bob!!!!

Netto:
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines