Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:35:07 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Rune Venus vs. Rune Venus
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rune Venus vs. Rune Venus  (Read 4550 times)
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2003, 03:53:25 am »

In the spirit of comparing the different characters in the OAV and TV series, let's talk about everyone's favorite Roshtarian Princess. (Regardless of what you folks may say, I'll NEVER believe Fatora is likeable)

Which Rune Venus did you prefer? Would it be the regal, Galus-effinced, balcony-sitting, farmer-boyfriend-disappearing, has-really-bad-luck-with-men princess of the OAVs, or the regal, cleavage-showing, Makoto-loving, antler-wearing, puppet freak princess of the TV series?

As far as I'm concerned, both these hos can jump off a cliff. It'll make the conquest of El-Hazard much quicker! But some guys seem to like her (freaks), so go ahead and decide.

I Care Deep
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2003, 09:30:52 am »

Don't forget about the girls' decisions, too.  I just say that cause I know my sister would pick OAV Rune.

But anyway.  TV Rune seems incompetant and/or dangerous to be "the" ruler.  I mean, you can't just leave your kingdom and go off adventuring at random.  And who would want a kid to be their ruler?  OAV Rune at least has some age, dignity, and grace to back her up.  She seems much more stable and all around better suited.  

Of course, this isn't to suggest she's happier.  She's actually incredibly moody through most of the OAV.  First it's Fatora, and then it's Galus... the woman practically never smiles except for that one scene where she puts up the brightest smile ever for a split second when Fatora comes back.  Which then deteriorates into more or less a worried expression and that's it.

But at least there isn't any cheezy "girl next door" romance.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2003, 11:54:11 am »

wot Rob sed

OVA Rune. I respect her as a ruler. Though, I feel for her, as she will probably never be happy.

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2003, 10:36:58 pm »

I'll have to go with TV Rune. I feel that she is rather misunderstood. Some people are under the mistaken impression that she's a complete nutter. You couldn't be more wrong. Sure, she talks to a dragon puppet. But you have to remember, with her parents dying when she was so young and her being the heir apparent, she's had to grow up very fast. And because of this, she probably seeks to catch glimpses of her lost childhood at any available moment. Like, when she being left alone in the bath (peepers aside...). She talks to the dragon puppet, because it was a gift from her parents. So she projects her feelings onto it. That's why she took the legendary snow episode to heart as well.

The politics and administration of El Hazard don't come into play much in Wanderers. I suppose that's not part of the story anyway, or it's a plot hindarance. But at any rate, Rune does leave and sneak out alot on voyages. And well, she is a human being after all. And, a young person. So it's natural she'll want to have some adventure. Especially since she didn't have much a childhood.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2003, 09:37:26 am »

I'd have to go with TV Rune as my Rune of choice. Frankly, she has more screentime and more personality. This isn't to say that the personality she has is a particularly GOOD one, but at least it's there. :P

OAV Rune's primary purpose was to wring her hands with worry, 24/7, and to show off how, in spite of being a woman, she was able to deal with the traumatic burden of being a leader. I much preferred TV Rune's more adventurous spirit, however inappropriate it might have been for a lady of her station.

But at least there isn't any cheezy "girl next door" romance.

*Blinkblinks* "Girl next door" is cheesy? Heck, with all the anime I've watched, I'd consider it a genuine breath of fresh air for the girl-next-door to get the guy instead of all these demon babes, alien princesses, beautiful androids and such that seem to flock to eligible anime men like flies to honey.

Romances with exotic women are BOOOORING to me now. That's what anime has done to me. *Sniff* Oh, well - at least that should make it a little easier to find an acceptable partner in real life. ;D

If Ifurita and Makoto weren't so perfect together, I'd be rooting for Nanami all the way. TV Rune can, as our dear Lord God put it, go jump off a cliff. TV Nanami shoulda been all over the guy. 8)

The 1337 poster
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2003, 09:54:20 am »

*Blinkblinks* "Girl next door" is cheesy?

Okay, not cheesy, just standard.  It gives no far out-ness to the story.  But that's a good counter; anime also makes the impossible possible too much on a regular basis.  But see, I don't get any women, so quite frankly it's all moot in value to me.  :P

But the "I want Makoto to have THIS one!" desires are why I plan to incorporate the Saturn game's design in the one I'm personally working on to hopefully allow for the possibilty of just about any pair up the player would desire... [barring freaky ones, okay?]  I don't quite know how I'm going to do that yet, but I will.  ;)

Personally, I'd like to see Nanami get Makoto, and Shayla and Jinnai pair up.   Even if the latter ultimately is only physically based a la "Fault".  Those are the two major pairings I think I mostly push for.  ;)  But only in their OAV-based mentalities.  I don't really think too much about Wanderers.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2003, 09:59:54 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2003, 03:11:31 pm »

OAV Rune's primary purpose was to wring her hands with worry, 24/7, and to show off how, in spite of being a woman, she was able to deal with the traumatic burden of being a leader. I much preferred TV Rune's more adventurous spirit, however inappropriate it might have been for a lady of her station.

Don't forget about sitting on that damn balcony for three freakin' years. What the hell was she doing there all that time? Was the view that good?

I Care Deep
washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2003, 10:09:32 pm »

If Ifurita and Makoto weren't so perfect together, I'd be rooting for Nanami all the way

yeah, they both have same hair color, same heart quality, same jacket color... :-X....and yeah, Nanami would fit although I personally believe she's into Makoto just because the other guy is Jinnai ;D...I recall back at the school she got many "fans"

thanks to the sad face caption, I'll go for the OAV Rune...
seems like she's the 2nd tragic character after Ifurita

and tv Rune is just plain damsel in distress ( I found some deep argument in a random anime site, some sort of why-we-hate list) and her nagging + jealousy detract Makoto from Ifreeta :(...well at least he should care for/take care of her

LGJ, in your 3 pics above, seems like ur giving one finger to each Rune
« Last Edit: August 05, 2003, 10:10:52 pm by washuchan » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines