Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:37:09 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Roshtarian Military Weaponry
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Roshtarian Military Weaponry  (Read 4171 times)
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2003, 01:48:34 am »

Whenever I read El Hazard fanfics, they always portray the Roshtarians as having guns. Yet when I watched the OAV and tv series, the humans of El Hazard never used them. The only weapons I've seen the Roshtarian army ever use were those big lightning shooting canon things, the electrified bayonettes that Makoto used to fight Galus, the wooden staves that the Palace Guard carries around, some swords and knives, and in the tv series, bows and arrows. All of these weapons, one should note, were highly ineffective against the Bugrom.
Hmm... wonder what the Roshtarian military would pay for a crate of AK-47's?

So, did I miss something or did the fanfiction authors just make a mistake?

I Care Deep
roshtarian_guard
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2003, 06:25:39 am »

No, the Roshtarian army didn't use any gun and I agreed that the weapon you mention above is very ineffective against the Bugrom. The only weapon that is effective against the Bugrom in my opinion is the cannon but the Bugrom is too fast for it  :)

Mmm..about that crate of AK-47, I would like to buy it for my army. And don't forget the rpg ;D I'll pay for it
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2003, 12:50:14 pm »

Sure, my good man. For a crate of these lovely and superior Earth weaponry, I'll charge you a mere four million Roshtals. A bargain!

*whispers to self*Heh, little do these army idiots know that the bullets for the guns aren't included! Heh heh hee hee hee!

I Care Deep
daznsun
Londs' Screen Time

Reich Führer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2003, 05:22:11 pm »

Well, it seems fitting that they would've figured out how to make gun-type weapons by now.  I mean, they are responsible for creating the Lamps of Fire, Water, and Wind right?  I find it difficult to believe how a society could create pseudo-magic machines, but not have any light-weight hand guns for guards.

"Suicide. It's a way of telling God you can't fire me, I quit..."
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2003, 05:53:19 pm »

Well, most of the higher technologies the Roshtarians have (like the Lamps, the airships, and the Eye of God) were remnants from the Ancient civilizations. The present humans didn't make them, they just learned how to operate and manufacture them. I doubt they understand these machines' full functions. For example, we all know how to turn on the tv or drive a car, but none of us really know the full principles behind them. We can take em apart and build new ones from what studying the parts has taught us, but that doesn't mean we can build a computer or a washing machine from said knowledge.

I Care Deep
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2003, 09:53:08 pm »

I recall one scene in episode 5, when Ifurita is storming the palace. The guards have those things slung over their shoulders. Weren't they some sort of beam weapon? It looked that way to me. Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but I seem to recall them having those odd-looking rifles with a bayonet on the end. It's just that they never seem to be firing them. Now, I can't recall what the Floristicans had in the manga when they were fighting the Phantom Tribe. I'll have to look when they get home.

AK-47s? Yeah, or any other of a Klashnikov's fine firearms. I prefer the SKS semi-auto rifle myself. ^_^

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines