Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:58:29 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Jinnai vs. Jinnai
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Jinnai vs. Jinnai  (Read 6644 times)
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2003, 02:20:31 am »

Which Jinnai persona did you prefer? The psychotic, deranged personality of the OAV series, or the psychotic, deranged personality of the TV series?

All kidding aside, there were distinct differences between the two. While the OAV Jinnai was a genius of military strategy, TV Jinnai was a genius in... uh... comic book villiany. OAV Jinnai's tactics on the battlefield allowed the Bugrom to conquer several Alliance kingdoms, while TV Jinnai... uh... stole vegetables and dug some tunnels.

Okay, so OAV Jinnai was a bit more successful than his TV counterpart, so what? TV Jinnai had many things going for him as well.

TV Jinnai was a lot less bloodthirsty than his OAV counterpart. TV J seemed to want only recognition of his superiority in the eyes of everyone else, whilst OAV J truly wanted territorial conquest. TV J often gave Roshtaria warning before attacking, while OAV J was mercilless in his sending of OAV Ifurita and his army to attack.

Whilst things went well in the beginning for OAV J, by the OAV's end he pretty much lost. His army was wiped out, his Demon God lost to him; by the end of Alt World, he was even forced to mate with Diva. Ugh.

TV J, even though he had a rocky start, had a better ending. His loyal army was still around, HIS Ifurita was still loyal to him (though tactically this fact isn't very good), and his strategic planning skills seems to have gotten better.

Hmm, this is a very tough decision to make. I guess it merely falls under one's personal tastes. So, which Jinnai did you prefer?

I Care Deep
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2003, 02:38:41 am »

As much as I like the Wanderers, I gotta go with classic OAV Jinnai. He's just got that bloodthirsty edge that keeps his evil from becoming TOO comic. TV Jinnai is pretty much Jinnai Lite. Same great taste, but less filling!

(Oh, God, I don't WANT to know what Xel is gonna make of that last line... O_o)

Ahem. Anyway, I love both Jinnai's, but OAV Jinnai just seems the better designed of the two.

The 1337 poster
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2003, 03:11:52 am »

As much as I like the Wanderers, I gotta go with classic OAV Jinnai. He's just got that bloodthirsty edge that keeps his evil from becoming TOO comic. TV Jinnai is pretty much Jinnai Lite. Same great taste, but less filling!

(Oh, God, I don't WANT to know what Xel is gonna make of that last line... O_o)

*reflexive reaction*
*insert Fatora smiley here* >:3

*responsible reaction*
...Are you insulting Lord Jinnai's mighty prowess, peon?

Ahem. Anyway, I love both Jinnai's, but OAV Jinnai just seems the better designed of the two.

As for me... hell, I'll take the big, crazy stud any way I can get him.  ;D  But seriously, it really does seem like OAV Jinnai has a lot more fun when he does what he does. Y'know, "good wine, hot babes" and all that. Well, that's assuming that Diva really is anatomically human, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms. ^^

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2003, 02:29:43 pm »

OVA Jinnai, the TV Jinnai was indeed to comic book and silent movie villain equse I liked the OVA Jinnai for it showed he did have a tatical mind as he did nearly take over the whoel of EL-Hazard.

It was a same the down graded him in OVA2 and espcaily in Alt World

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2003, 06:40:48 pm »

I'm going to have to go with the OVA Jinnai. In the OVA, he at least showed that he had some grasp of military tactics and strategy. Nearly had all of Roshtaria under his thumb at one point.

TV Jinnai was just a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkaaa! Stealing vegetables and water and shit. Bravo!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2003, 08:06:14 pm »

^^ indeed the OVA Jinnai wouldn't even cough up a bakkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaa esque plan like that

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

roshtarian_guard
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2003, 05:12:57 am »

OVA Jinnai. He's a conqueror and all the people of Roshtaria afraid of him  :) And he even defeated my army but not all, I still have plenty of them in my command  ;D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2003, 05:14:05 am by roshtarian_guard » Logged
executor82
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2003, 08:37:07 am »

OVA Jinnai! The reasons have already been mentioned  ;D

Definitely OVA Jinnai!
washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2003, 12:37:09 pm »

hmm, I think I'd go with tv Jinnai since he still have traces of kindness in his heart. :)
I'd put a screen cap of his fatherly-figure-peaceful face expression in the end of Wanderers to express this point
(he even gave up the maniacal laughing in the end)
kiddo
Bugrom Forces

Hentai man.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2003, 08:31:11 pm »

Definately...

Rob Jinnai. ;P

Seriously, would the OVA or TV Jinnai port El-Hazard to the Game Boy Advance?...

... That just gave me a GENIUS marketing ploy!

"I, THE GREAT AND POWERFUL LORD JINNAI, HAVE CREATED THIS VIDEO GAME TO ROT YOUR MINDS WHILE I CONQUER YOUR PITIFUL WORLD!"

Join the THNH Today! Defeat the Admin Power Abuse Clan!

Put this in your sidepic/avatar
----------------------------------
What's so wrong with Miz, anyway? I happen t
frizbon
Londs' Screen Time

SERVE THE HIVE...

AOL Instant Messenger - Frizbon
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2003, 09:50:18 pm »

OVA Jinnai all the way.  

As much flak as OVA 2 and alt world get, few things can match the joy I got out of watching Jinnai in his Bugrom suit.  Why it was there, I don't know... but it was still darn amusing.
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2003, 09:58:54 pm »

It also appears that somehow Makoto and co. obtained it later, as Fujisawa appeared to Quawool wearing at least something that looked very much like it.  ;)

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2003, 03:44:10 am »

Although I liked both Jinnais, I must go with the TV Lord God. Not because of his personality, or tactics, or even his worth.

He just looks cooler in dark gray. The blue suit he wears in the OAV just ain't my cup of tea.

Btw, that Bugrom suit he wore in the second OAV was ooglie. Thank god he got rid of it.

I liked the cloak he wore in the El-Hazard manga, though. Made him look more like the regal, inter-dimensional conqueror that he was.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2003, 03:44:38 am by lord_god_jinnai » Logged

I Care Deep
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2003, 09:21:39 am »

The cape is cool conceptually in the manner you noted, but capes don't work too well with suits... he'd need a different outfit altogether.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Andrusi
Bugrom Forces

Powerlink!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2003, 10:55:08 am »

TV Jinnai.  Because he knows to eat his vegetables.

ANDRUSI

Sanity not included.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines