Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:40:22 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Ifurita vs. Ifurita
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Ifurita vs. Ifurita  (Read 6267 times)
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2003, 02:15:56 am »

All right, soon-to-be conquered! Who would win the battle for the title of the Ultimate Dooms Day Weapon? Will it be the demonic blue-haired hussy who betrayed me in the OAVs, or my loyal, caring, and devestatingly powerful minion from the TV series? You, the viewer, decide! And this time, I won't even charge you admission. Isn't that nice of me? Bwa hah hahah hahahah hahahahaha!

I Care Deep
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2003, 02:25:05 am »

What can I say, Phantasmagorically All-Powerful Supreme Ruler Lord God Jinnai?

I'm gonna have to go with the hussy silver-haired bombshell who could kick everyone's ass six ways from Sunday.

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2003, 06:18:55 am »

this is a no brainer... :-/

in Ifreeta vs Ifurita, there's only single entity that will lose: Jinnai ....(both Jinnais), which sadly leaves Makoto with two (or 3)Ifuritas, but then again, Jinnai seems to be immortal (survive Wandere's Ifreeta blast and OVA Ifurita back hook)

Dual Ifurita website has the best & conforming to the series scenario of this battle. Dunno what I'm talking about? Just check it, u won't regret it. Ura got pretty slick script too

oh and Spanner, thx for the kind word
nah, I've always been wanting to make a fanfic of that crossover, but too often afraid that I will picture their personalities wrong etc etc. I've done one with the character Ellone from FFVIII though & another one with OVA 2 Ifurita helping Makoto operated the eye of god
« Last Edit: July 25, 2003, 07:05:07 am by washuchan » Logged
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2003, 09:30:20 am »

Slow down there, washuchan.  You're kinda dragging an alternate thread into this one.  :P

Anyway... mmm... OAV class has more concentration, but is also just basically a human woman trapped in a controlling body.  The TV class has its problems, but is cute and loyal.  Plus when plugged into the Eye of God actually BECOMES a guarenteed Ultimate Dooms Day Weapon.  Therefore, I vote TV.

OAV Ifurita may be all around better, but there's that whole "free the spirit inside" business and everything.  TV Ifurita actually doesn't care really about working with Jinnai.  (Unless you go EHPC, in which case there's a different array of problems...)

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2003, 11:52:04 pm »

I can't resist the temptation to post an excerpt from my own fan fiction.  (plug, plug)  This is from The Alternative Amuck.  This takes place after TV-Ifurita pushed OVA-Ifurita a little too far-- TV-Ifurita took the last cup of coffee.

The two Ifuritas faced each other, high in the air above the main outdoors set of the royal palace, and the Floristica palace-town.  The Eye of God hung in the sky behind them, in much the same way that a brick doesn't.

OVA-Ifurita had flung TV-Ifurita away from herself, through the air.  She brandished her key-staff in a challenge to TV-Ifurita, and spoke in a flat cold voice worthy of the grim reaper himself.

"Now.  We fight.  To the death."

TV-Ifurita smiled nervously.  "Um... well... we can't, actually.  This is out-of-context fourth-wall-breaking fan fiction, and you can't really kill a character in--"

"TO THE DEATH!!" OVA-Ifurita shrieked.

TV-Ifurita hung her head and sighed.  "Oh, alright.  But just for a few minutes, okay?  I'm supposed to report to wardrobe after my break, and I'll get in trouble if--"

"AAAAAAAAUGH!!"  OVA-Ifurita let out a bloodcurdling scream, and she charged and fired her key-staff at the same time.

TV-Ifurita easily dodged both the zap and OVA-Ifurita's body.  She bit her lip, as her hair blew in the wind thrown up by the attack.  "Okay.  I guess I'm supposed to counter-attack now..."

She swung up her own key-staff, and aimed it at OVA-Ifurita, and set her face in determination, and fired.

Of course, she was holding her key-staff backwards.

Her zap struck the Eye of God.

After his morning meeting with OVA-Ifurita, the [Alternative World TV series] producer had arranged a hasty meeting with a representative of the TV series production's insurance company.

"Look," the representative was saying, "this policy covers acts of God, but it doesn't cover acts of demon gods!  Now--"

The representative was cut off by the blast of a massive explosion, followed by the horrific sound of a huge metal structure tearing into several pieces and falling to earth.

The representative panicked.  "WHAT was THAT!?"

The producer held his face in his hands and groaned.  "That would be the sound of my career, going down in flames..."

OVA-Ifurita's face fell, in complete, utter, and mind-numbing disbelief.  Then she screamed at TV-Ifurita.

"YOU!?--  YOU!?--

"YOU BROKE THE EYE OF GOD!?"

TV-Ifurita gulped.  "Oops..."

The lesson to be learned:  When the Ifuritas fight-- everyone else loses  

(Note that this was written before Rob kindly scanned and ULed the EH Comic Anthology, from which I learned that Afura broke the Eye of God.)
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2003, 01:11:51 am »

Heh, I loved that story. It actually presents the clearest, most believable theory on the Alternative World's numerous NUMEROUS inconsistencies and plot holes that I have ever read.

Like Chabil. Heh heh heh... DIE YOU BASTARD!

You do great work, Mr. What. I especially liked your stories "Ifurita Amuck" and "Hive Madness." Not only are you a great El Hazard fanfic writer, but you're also a Doctor Who fan! Always a winning combination, I say!

For your contributions to the online El Hazard community, I promise to make you the Viceroy of Detroit once I take over the world. No need to thank me, your service is thanks enough for my generosity.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2003, 01:12:22 am by lord_god_jinnai » Logged

I Care Deep
frizbon
Londs' Screen Time

SERVE THE HIVE...

AOL Instant Messenger - Frizbon
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2003, 01:46:27 am »

I like Tv version, don't get me wrong.  She's cute and bubbly and really kicks but when she's not paying attention, much like my younger sibs with video games.  However, OVA ifurita does have any of those nasty memory problems, and even if she didn't like what she was doing, she was still pretty darn good at it (nuking towns, cities, civilizations, etc.)  Besides, OVA Ifurita would eventually get dimension hopping powers, which could prove quite useful in a battle between the two.

I can see it now:

TV: We're like... supposed to fight or something... giggle...
OVA: No, I don't think so.  Here go spend some time in the Alternative World of suck.
OVA beams TV off to Cretaria, then sits down to eat tacos.  Why tacos... why not tacos....

Admittedly that made no sense, but ehh, I'm not going to let that get in the way of bad idea.
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2003, 01:52:41 am »

You do great work, Mr. What. I especially liked your stories "Ifurita Amuck" and "Hive Madness." Not only are you a great El Hazard fanfic writer, but you're also a Doctor Who fan! Always a winning combination, I say!

I concur. And the Ren and Stimpy references made me feel all nostalgic about my childhood. Nostalgia makes me very happy... @_@

For your contributions to the online El Hazard community, I promise to make you the Viceroy of Detroit once I take over the world. No need to thank me, your service is thanks enough for my generosity.

Detroit? *whisper* Geez, Jinnai-sama, what'd he do to deserve THAT? Er, ahem. Congratulations on a job well done, Mr. What! I can only hope that our Glorious Leader will be as pleased with my own contribution, which should show its face in The PitTM soon enough... *this is not a plug.*  :P

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2003, 03:19:55 pm »

I prefer the OVA Ifurita, she has a better look and also I prefer the way she acts to the ditzy Tv Iffy.

^^' to be honest o don't really like TV Iffy for that nor like her look to much

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2003, 04:33:20 pm »

phew, just got a new reason to go to fanfiction.net again....that was a good (hillarious) read 'n I'm tired of praising anymore, thanks for your work, MrWhat....say, your fics are good and always decent & modest....so would you mind writing a Kiki/Iffy fanfic? ......
Alright, never mind

oh, for future fic:
You'd note from the series that tv Ifreeta can't fly without her staff.....
but that was a genius work of placing her role in the fic. How long did it take u to finish btw??? (I'd commit seppuku if you answer less than a day)

quote from fic:
"There is nothing more...
creepy... than being the main character in a fan fiction written
by some computer programmer in his thirties, with too much free
time on his hands..."

heh heh, gotta love the coffee scene as well

as going back to the actual topic:
I think tv Ifreeta would "beat" OVA Ifurita with her good heart, similar to the way Makoto "conquered" and released OVA Ifurita
« Last Edit: July 26, 2003, 04:38:03 pm by washuchan » Logged
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2003, 04:45:13 pm »

oh, for future fic:
You'd note from the series that tv Ifreeta can't fly without her staff.....

Actually, TV Iffy can fly without her staff. In episode 13 of the Wanderers, she hurled her Key Staff at Miz and Shayla in order to bind them, and she had no trouble whatsoever staying up in the air.

I Care Deep
washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2003, 06:38:35 pm »

she was hovering/floating...not flying.. ;)
... :)
... :D
ok, that was a fluke, are? :P

well thnn , that means she does not need the staff to draw her power from like OVA Ifurita....'n that could make her stronger than OVA Ifurita
« Last Edit: July 26, 2003, 06:39:10 pm by washuchan » Logged
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2003, 06:49:20 pm »

TV Iffy hovering all over the place reminds me of Lum from Urusei Yatsura. ^^;

Anyway, I'm going to have to go with
<---------------------------

Which shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone. TV Iffy may be powerful (as we saw when she blew up that mountain in her first ep), but she has no real control over her power. Dumb luck aside, OVA Iffy would no doubt win any battle. And beside, anything that Iffy did manage to toss at her would come back 100 fold.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2003, 10:31:13 pm »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.  And I'm glad you liked that story, washu-chan.  (That story has some "adult" humor, and I was thinking that you didn't like that  )

so would you mind writing a Kiki/Iffy fanfic? ......  Alright, never mind

Sorry, but who's Kiki, again?  Sorry if you already said.

How long did it take u to finish btw??? (I'd commit seppuku if you answer less than a day)

Well, like I wrote in the introduction of that story, I worked on it for months.  The way it usually happens is, I carry ideas around in my head for a few months; then I actually write a story in just a few days; and then I re-read it over and over again for another month or two, and re-write most of it two or three times.

And I make jokes about being a guy with too much free time-- but I wish that was true.  I've got a backlog of fan fiction ideas that will carry me through several months, I think.

as going back to the actual topic:
I think TV Ifreeta would "beat" OVA Ifurita with her good heart, similar to the way Makoto "conquered" and released OVA Ifurita

Yeah, actually, I could see something like this happening:

OVA-Ifurita:  (aims her key-staff at TV-Ifurita)

TV-Ifurita:  (blinks)  Doushitano, oneesan?

OVA-Ifurita:  Must-- obey-- master!  Must-- kill-- kawaii-- clone!

TV-Ifurita:  (makes big sad shiny eyes)  Oneesan no hidoi!

OVA-Ifurita:  (begins to falter)  Rrrgh...

TV-Ifurita:  (sniffles and whimpers)

OVA-Ifurita:  AAUGH!!  I CAN'T DO IT!!

OVA-Ifurita's control circuit spontaneously breaks.  The two Ifuritas hug each other tightly and cry their eyes out.  Then they fly away, arm in arm, and have some ice cream.  Or tacos  :P
« Last Edit: July 26, 2003, 10:57:36 pm by mrwhat » Logged
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2003, 10:52:08 pm »

Sorry, but who's Kiki, again?  Sorry if you already said.

... of the delivery service.  Kiki's Delivery Service.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines