Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:13:22 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Favorite Makoto Moment
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Favorite Makoto Moment  (Read 4522 times)
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2003, 12:18:44 pm »

What was the best moment Makoto ever had in any of the series? Sure there were a ton of them, like dressing up as a girl (freak) or the time he kept drowning at the end of every Wanderers episode. But what was Makoto's greatest moment, the one that truly marked him as the simpering douchebag that he is?

For me, it was that time in Wanderers after he fought Jinnai in a swordfight. He was about to save Rune, but then her kite broke away and she flew off. Makoto was so dumb that he fell off the Bugrom hive's roof, plunking down fifty feet like a sack of sorry potatos and began rolling down the side. I watched that scene every day for a week. Twice.

So, what was your favorite Makoto moment?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 01:50:06 pm by lord_god_jinnai » Logged

I Care Deep
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 02:27:18 pm »

I particularly enjoyed the moment in the Wanderers when Ifurita collapsed into his arms - and pinned him to the ground. "She weighs as much as a motorhome!" ;D

Of course, that moment may hold special meaning for me more because TV Ifurita is there than Makoto, but hey, it's still a great Makoto Moment.

The 1337 poster
Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

AOL Instant Messenger - Neil+Lafrenais
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 04:19:56 pm »

Wanderers. Rune. Her puppet. The bath.

Nuff 'sed.

Maximum boobage!!
washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2003, 06:31:49 pm »

Makoto was so dumb that he fell off the Bugrom hive's roof, plunking down fifty feet like a sack of sorry potatos and began rolling down the side.

ha, that's my favourite scene too!!
that smitten-I-will-save-you-princess Makoto need to learn some lesson.
I don't watch it twice a week of course, but it just feel good to see the wimp take a dive...buehehhahahaha

ok, that's kinda mean, 'n I'm no meany...I just sometime despise him a lot for not trying further to "save" Ifreeta from that horrible Jinnai. That flashback scene near the end kinda show regret/remorse in Makoto's face...o_O
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2003, 06:38:24 pm »

Makoto imitating Jinnai in Wanderers, complete with The Laugh.

And hell, from the manga... This is paraphrased, mind you:

Makoto: *being chased by Jinnai* You made your bed!
Jinnai: And you expect me to sleep in it? All by myself? Not a chance!
Makoto: *smiling beatifically* Hey, I'm not that kinda guy!

Hyahahaha.

Giggling like a schoolboy when Alielle blows in his ear...

That whole dramatic scene in which he's veeeery sloooowly giving Shayla CPR, which starts with sappy music and ends with *THWACK!*

Virtually all sentences in the Japanese version of any series in which he ends a sentence with "ya" (though that's mainly due to the fact that I think the Osaka dialect is just adorable.  :P).

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2003, 09:36:40 pm »

hmm, off from the tv, a favourite Makoto moment would be in EH Saturn game (thx, Rob), where Makoto acknowledged he's a loser ;D

waittaminute...just checking Spanner profile (u know why), so you're the creator of the I&I website...uh..
*bow deep in honor & admiration*
that's simply the best Ifurita related website: unique, creative, and very entertaining, gee where did you come up with all the dialogues and even matching caps??? during shower, lunch , or something??.
It also helps alot during my angsty times after finishing OVA 1, 2 and Wanderers. Great work...
Ahh, I can't say any more praises, the website's one of the inspiration for my fan art, so what do you think of the 2 pics posted in the site? ( I need to hear an input from you, master...*bow down again*)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2003, 09:49:23 pm »

hmm, off from the tv, a favourite Makoto moment would be in EH Saturn game (thx, Rob), where Makoto acknowledged he's a loser ;D

Ah, one of my few open fans on the forum.  :P

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2003, 10:12:28 pm »

waittaminute...just checking Spanner profile (u know why), so you're the creator of the I&I website...uh..
*bow deep in honor & admiration*

Yay! A fan! ^_^V

that's simply the best Ifurita related website: unique, creative, and very entertaining, gee where did you come up with all the dialogues and even matching caps??? during shower, lunch , or something??.

Mostly, the dialog just comes to me as I'm writing. Sometimes, when I'm flipping through my archives of screencaps, one catches my eye and gives me an idea for a scene that I'd like to write.

Once I have a script, I search through my archives of screencaps (divided up by character and emotion) and look for expressions that would best match what the characters are saying. The screencaps, I mostly gathered over the course of a couple weeks of evenings spent watching El-Hazard, and picking out good looking shots of characters. Typically, I make an effort to make sure that the face and/or body of the character is centered in the screenshot, and that the character is alone.

When I'm inspired to make a new page, it usually only takes me a couple days to put one together. Unfortunately, I haven't been inspired for a long time, so my page hasn't had any new additions for a while. I hope to have SOMETHING new up before summer's end, though.

It also helps alot during my angsty times after finishing OVA 1, 2 and Wanderers. Great work...

Thanks! I'm glad it helped you to cope with the unbearable meaninglessness of life without El-Hazard. ;D

Ahh, I can't say any more praises,

Aw... Please? ^_^

the website's one of the inspiration for my fan art, so what do you think of the 2 pics posted in the site? ( I need to hear an input from you, master...*bow down again*)

They're quite nice. And it looks like you put a lot of thought into the background story for the Ifurita/Kiki image. Have you thought about writing a fanfic to go along with that story?

The 1337 poster
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2003, 01:55:00 am »

I too, must humbly bow to the creative genius of your site. I was thoroughly entertained, and even forgot about my bottomless well of hate for Mizuhara while going through it. I probably don't have to tell you, that is no small feat.

Since I'm in a rare mood of compliment giving, I should also like to give one to Rob for such a brilliant localization of the Saturn game. I'm not very far into it, but I can all ready tell that it's going to be a great experience. Hell, any game which has a "Jinnai Conquers the World" ending ranks EXCELLENT in my book. Great work.

Although... you do get points off for keeping that lousy "Makoto gets Ifurita" ending. Grrr... damn swine's stealing my Ultimate Weapon! Again!  >:(

I Care Deep
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2003, 04:25:38 pm »

My favorite Makoto moment would have to be in the first episode of the OVA. When Ifurita freezes everyone on campus. Makoto, jumps takes a 2x4 and whacks Jinnai upside the head! I don't think that's the way to snap someone out of a daze. O_O It's so random and hilarious though.

::awaits torrent of cursing from LGJ::

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2003, 04:49:20 pm »

Grrrr... you'd like that, wouldn't you? Well, guess what? I'm not gonna bother! I'll take this as an opportunity to show my soon-to-be subjects that the Lord God Jinnai is a forgiving despot, as well as a patient one. I know that some day, you will change your delinquent ways and join the winning team. Till then...

**puts Saucer on The List**

I Care Deep
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2003, 10:03:24 am »

Hey, I thought of one that always made me laugh.

In the Wanderers, "Episode 13: Pure Evil Genius", when Makoto tries to pull one on TV Ifurita that sounds sort of like the stuff he pushes on OAV Ifurita.  Listening to your heart and whatnot.  And just when it looks like it's having impact, she turns around all of the sudden and is like "Yeah, I'm gonna be evil!"  And then Makoto's standing there all dumbfounded as if in his head he was going "Hey, but, this worked last time..."

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines