Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:16:12 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  Games
| |-+  El-Hazard Online RPG (Moderators: Fujisawa4654, Spanner, Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  *OOC* Post Character Specs!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: *OOC* Post Character Specs!  (Read 25595 times)
Spanner
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2003, 10:07:24 pm »

I'm the only one on the Bugrom side. Amen't I?

Don't worry, Lar, you can always defect if you get too lonely. ;D And there are a lot of travellers that haven't chosen sides, yet - who knows? Maybe some of them will decide to hook up with the big bad bugs.

And I think I've finally figured out what sort of character I wanna be!

-Name: Itamar Lowe
-Birthdate: January 10, 1916
-Birthplace: Prague, Czecheslovakia
-Lineage: Semetic
-Height: 5'9"
-Hair: Black, short, curly
-Eyes: Brown
-Blood Type: O+
-Location (Side): Phantom Tribe
-Previous Occupation: Student

-Special ability: Indestructibility - Itamar's skin is as tough as that of any armor cat. It is nearly impossible to cut, break, or even bruise him. That being said, Itamar is no stronger or heavier than an average human male, so he can still be thrown, knocked down, or overpowered in any other conventional way.

-Backstory: Itamar was born Jewish at a time and place very unfortunate for Jews - Prague, during World War I. While Itamar's family survived the first war mostly unscathed, they were forced to deal with bitter anti-semitism in the years following. Even before Germany invaded his homeland, Itamar had heard stories of Jewish families being carted off to "holding camps", and he and his family lived in constant fear of being taken themselves.

For Itamar, at least, the strange glowing light that transported him to El-Hazard was a salvation of sorts. He prays daily in thanks for saving him from the nightmare he'd had to deal with at home. Needless to say, he has no desire to go back, except possibly for the opportunity to rescue his friends and family and bring them, too, to El-Hazard.

My intention with this guy is to make him sort of a "Magneto-lite". He'll hear a mostly-truthful accounting from the Shadow Tribe of how they'd been feared and hated throughout the centuries, and see in it similarites with the plight of his own people back home. He'll take it upon himself to try to help them against Roshtaria and the Allied Nations.

If anyone feels that his special power is a little too powerful, feel free to tell me so. But keep in mind that he IS going to be a villain, of sorts, and villains typically need an extra edge to keep the playing field level. ;)

The 1337 poster
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2003, 10:23:50 pm »

It's also interesting to note that armor cats are apparently quite vulnerable to high energy blasts (Ifurita's key staff).  So perhaps this works for you, too.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Spanner
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2003, 11:53:37 pm »

It's also interesting to note that armor cats are apparently quite vulnerable to high energy blasts (Ifurita's key staff).  So perhaps this works for you, too.

Actually, as I see it, Armor Cats are surprisingly resilliant against Demon God blasts. Most beings, upon being shot at point-blank range by Ifurita, would suddenly have a very large hole in them. But Ura, she just thrashed around on the ground a bit going "OWOWOWOWOW!!!" and then she was fine. ;D

The 1337 poster
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2003, 12:46:12 am »

Yes, but... there was pain anyway.  And a hole that appeared to exist in the flesh.  And Ura was carried back by Nanami when they all exited the tomb area.  So I think it must've hurt a bit immediately. :P

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
darmicon
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2003, 04:48:40 pm »

Name: Darmicon Molron
Race: Human
World of birth: Earth
Job: Game/Graphics designer
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Sandy brown
Hight: 5' 11''
Blood type: O-
Clothes: He wears only one set of clothes, that being black pants, and a blue T-shirt, and a black sweatshirt with the cuffs off, and holes where the elbows were. (A.K.A "Grummy shirt")
Favored side: Neutral, though he straves a bit tworads Roshitarias side. (altough he'll probably just switch sides)
Birthdate: 1983 A.D.
Superhuman power: Super speed

Backstory: Darmicon has been, and will always be, someone with too much time on his hands. When he was 6, he found that he could all of his work during class, which started him down the road. Soon after, it was discovered that he was exceptionally bright, letting him skip a few levels of high school. After he blew through school, he visited his friend, who was in the process of making a game.

Darmicon had many ideas for the game, and together, they released a few copies, though, which made them more determined to make games. Darmicon was hired on the spot, and together, they have produced some games of small repute.

After a few months, Darmicon got the hang of coding, though how to use the proper method was beyond him. Altough people say he's wasting his time, Darmicon can smile, and proceed to laugh.

After all, they're the miserable ones...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2003, 01:49:16 am by darmicon » Logged
Spanner
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2003, 09:13:21 pm »

(Hopefully, this is the last time I revamp my bio)

Whoa! Hang on there, tiger. Did you read through the EHOL RPG??? thread, where we laid down our rules? Currently, we're only allowing player characters to be natives of Earth and of El-Hazard. That means that mages are out, and so are elves, I'm afraid. This is intended to keep the game from becoming too complex, and from alienating players who might not be able to relate with some of the "wilder" character ideas people come up with.

We are willing to listen, though, and you can try to convince us. If you can come up with a good reason that a half-elven mage will enhance the game significantly more than another human will, then we may relax the rules for you. Until then, we're gonna stick by them.

Still, I suppose I can't blame you for not reading the rules, since they're scattered all over the place... I'll write a new topic to cover the rules, so that this kind of thing doesn't happen in the future.

The 1337 poster
darmicon
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2003, 01:31:20 am »

Yeah, thanks, I kept finding little print all over the place...Guess I missed a few :-[ I'll re-vamp again, sorry for the trouble...
Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2003, 04:12:40 pm »

Whoa! Hang on there, tiger. Did you read through the EHOL RPG??? thread, where we laid down our rules? Currently, we're only allowing player characters to be natives of Earth and of El-Hazard. That means that mages are out, and so are elves, I'm afraid. This is intended to keep the game from becoming too complex, and from alienating players who might not be able to relate with some of the "wilder" character ideas people come up with.

Nice save Spanner, didn't catch that :P

Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2003, 07:30:45 pm »

I was wondering about a character idea i had but i thoguht I would ask first to make sure of it.

The idea would be of a possible child of Makoto and Ifurita.  Of course their powers woudl be very limited from thier mothers probbly have a limit like only able to copy 1 power or 2, and either discard it or keep it depdning on which after the fight.  And probbly flying and that woudl be all.

I wanted to check as said lol don't wanan make one they find out it's not right now ^_^

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2003, 10:10:31 pm »

That is perfectly fine Tsukasa. You can be a child of any character, including the TV characters. Your power can be what you have said, but the problem is absorbing the types of power. If you absorb.. Oh lets say.... 2 powers, one being Spanner's character, he has a thick skin, and some other power that can reject inertia.

If you don't know what I am saying, what I mean is, you're indestructable and you can't be knocked to the ground or whatever.

I would have to say.. That if you absorb 2 powers, both of them have to wither away after some given time. Give it some thought. Once you're ready, you can post your character specs. We'll let you know if you have done something wrong, chances are you won't ;)

BTW welcome to the RPG Forums.

Spanner
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2003, 11:16:32 pm »

*Nods* I agree with Fujisawa for the most part. (Actually, I hadn't originally planned to give Itamar an "inertia control" power, but I think I probably should. He'll be too easy to defeat if he can be tossed around just like anyone else, regardless of how tough he is.)

I would also suggest that you provide an explanation for just HOW Makoto and Ifurita had a child. Did they build one together? Or is Ifurita partially human? And if she is partially human, just how is it that she's still fertile after so many thousands of years? ;D

You might also like to know that Ifurita and Makoto are not currently on El-Hazard in this game, both to prevent Ifurita from being too powerful a force in the game, and also to allow the premise to stand (if the Eye of God is malfunctioning, it's highly probable that Makoto and Ifurita would be able to fix it, or at least stop it). That doesn't mean that they couldn't have left their child behind, though, or sent the child from wherever they are.

I, myself, play the child of Makoto and Ifurita in another RPG. She didn't get any of her mother's Demon God powers, but she did inherit her dad's knack with machines. And popularity with the opposite sex. ;)

The 1337 poster
Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2003, 03:59:30 pm »

^_^ That is a very good idea there Fujisawa I liek the wirthing of the abilites I was going to refine it more to projectile attacks since we never do see ifurita absorb anything esle other than the eye of god's abilty which itself is a projectile attack.

I'll have a bio out for her soon with my ideas and how lol she was born there Spanner ^_^ I can have had her staying with others while her mother and father are gone lol

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2003, 11:20:19 am »

Man this place has been so quiet!!! SOMEONE POST!!!

I can't believe that no on has posted in just under a month. :P

Well...someone post something in the RPG.

Lar xxx

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
theravenisdead
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2003, 11:03:55 pm »

Hoppefully things will get uppity soon, providing Rosh drops back by ^^;

Rosh! Rosh! Rosh!
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2003, 12:52:48 pm »

Oh, I think she will. ;D  :-/ *waits enthusiastically.*

Actually, anyone can post, because right now, in the RPG, princess Fiore has disappeared, so technically, she ain't there. She has to bring herself back. :P

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines