Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:36:42 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  Games
| |-+  El-Hazard Online RPG (Moderators: Fujisawa4654, Spanner, Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  *OOC* Post Character Specs!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: *OOC* Post Character Specs!  (Read 25623 times)
Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

AOL Instant Messenger - holyknightwayne
View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2004, 10:41:02 pm »

Looks like I'm first new entrant in awhile. *bows* Nice to meet you all; I hope we can get along with only a modicum of senseless outbursts of violence. ;D

I PMed this character info to Fujisawa and it was approved, so here we are (with some slight modifications following our discussion). Look forward to writing with everyone. :)

---

Name: Xanas Antares
Birthdate: September 9th
Affiliation: Shadow Tribe (Rogue) (explained below)
Height: 5' 7''  
Weight: 159 (pretty fit for a Shadow Tribesman, but they have a slight build)
Hair Color: Dark blue
Eye Color: Amber
Skin Color: Light blue (of course)
Blood Type: O- (do they even have the typical Rheusus types?)

Xanas (or "Xan") was something of a rarity among the Shadow Tribe when he grew up-- someone who really didn't care about going back "home." The Shadows, he reasoned; had lived in El Hazard so long they had might as well accept it... although those who insisted on resisting their inevitable dominance of the world should be "dealt with" anyway.

Xan never had the widespread illusory powers that senior Tribesmen like Galus and Najato possessed; nor the ruthless genius that characterized their scientists. Xan was treated well enough, but he knew he had no useful role as he was; nothing to help the Tribe with [to him] the more important of their goals-- purging El-Hazard.

So he did what any good teenager would do. He left.

Xan went to a remote enclave some of his friends and relatives resided at, far from the Tribe's main grounds; and began training there as a "warrior of stealth"-- an assassin, using the two most formidabe traits of the Shadow Tribe (technology and illusion). While there he learned the full story of what had happened to the Tribe's once-grand dreams of conquest and destruction-- they'd been ended by the actions of a few off-world meddlers and their pet Demon goddess.

When Xan left again, his primary mission was still "removing" the most troublesome obstacles to Shadow dominance. But now the rogue hit man had another item on his agenda-- killing off Mizuhara Makoto, Ifurita, Nanami, and all those directly related to them.

---

Weapons: Xan carries two pistols, one on his right side (he's left-handed) and the other slung over his left shoulder. The primary weapon is a needle-gun that fires bullet-like poisoned darts at high velocity (deadly, but with less mass than a bullet more likely to miss over long range due to wind resistance). The poison fits his style-- long-lasting and extremely painful; it takes roughly 15-30 excruciating minutes before death (this sounds bad, but what it means is that someone can get to an antidote or heal them in time ).

The shoulder-slung pistol is energy-based, firing pulses of electromagnetic energy-- the ideal weapon for shutting down a machine like a demon god. Beneath the main barrel is a tracking beam that can also fire a destabilizing particle ray (in case the target has some sort of shield, like Kalia).

He also has a sheathed sword on his back. Just because some opponents demand an honorable duel (heh), or in case they're too close to use the guns. For style purposes this sword is much like the one Jinnai uses in The Wanderers (which is a poor design, but it looks cool). He has two throwing daggers, one inside each boot (one of which doubles as his suicide tool if he's ever captured with no chance of escape).

Appearance: He doesn't wear armor, just a dark-blue jacket (cloaks are easier to see) over traditional Shadow Tribe garments (again, like Najato's).

My art skill is measured in imaginary numbers (just like the term in mathematics, you can estimate it, but it ain't real :D), but fortunately I can do alright with image editing. I'll probably PhotoShop something together soon.

Illusory powers: As said, nothing like the grandiose powers of deception the more powerful Tribesmen have. Xan can make himself appear invisible (although he can still be heard, smelled, touched, etc.) or displace his true location (while he's invisible, there's an illusionary double between a few feet to about ten meters away from his true location to trick people). ...and that's really about it. His powers are personal-range; he has nothing that can affect the minds of others.

---

And... I think that's it. I've plenty of story to catch up on, but once that's done I'll go ahead and jump in. Fujisawa was kind enough to give me a few ideas to work with, so I'll be hunting for trying to meet up with some of you soon.

PS - Anyone object to my using Times? Or should I use the normal font during story posts? I find Serif fonts easier to read, but I know some people on other forums I regular don't like it.

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2004, 01:36:21 am »

Hmm EMP weapon...

My WANZER will be useless!!!  :bawl

I smell a gunfight :)

theravenisdead
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2004, 10:18:34 am »

Welcome to the fold, mate! I await yer first post with anticipation  ^_^V
Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2004, 05:56:25 pm »

Thanks for the warm welcome. :) And sorry about taking so much time getting started; I just want to make sure I've got a handle on things before I jump right in.

Here's the graphic of Xan I did. The fact that he looks very much like a Knights of the Old Republic 3D model is entirely coincidental.  ^^; The upper-right picture is a close-up of the EMP gun (the higher, wider barrel is the EM discharger; the narrower, longer barrel underneath is the alternate-fire, heh; and it has a grip if he ever needs to aim properly with it). The needle gun is pretty easy to see, although I made the primary color red so it stands out more.

A few addendums to the previous description (a few things I forgot to clarify, heh):

-Like all Shadow Tribesmen, Xan can alter his physical appearance to anything humanoid of roughly his size. He could make himself look like, say; Ifurita, but not Shaq (too tall) or a cat (too small, not humanoid). Naturally, he rarely walks around civilized areas in his true form (his 'normal' alternate form is basically himself with normal-colored skin, blonde hair, and green eyes).
-The needle gun is primarily loaded with poison needles, as above; but he also carries tranquilizers. Someone reminded me that gunfights are boring if one hit will kill you and missing all the time is boring and unrealistic. The tranquilizer works, as normal, by slowing down bodily functions until the victim is knocked out, which means shooting someone at rest works very quickly, but shooting someone active can take longer to work (and might take multiple hits).
Xan can make more needles if he access to metal and tools, but he doesn't know how to make Shadow Tribe poison (although he is trying to learn-- Shadow Tribe University, Poison Crafting 101 :D). Any others he makes would be unpoisoned needles (and basically be a lot like bullets).
-For those unaware EMP works by overloading the usually delicate and fine-tuned amounts of electricity machines run on. Needless to say this draws an inordinate amount of power and the cell would have to recharge after just a half-dozen or so shots. EMP won't noticeably hurt a human, but someone if shot would probably feel a tingle, and twitch a bit.
The particle beam uses a concentrated stream of subatomic particles (much like proton rays and torpedos you hear about in science fiction, which may or may not be possible in real life :P). Primarily it's for disrupting steady energy sources (like shields). If a human is shot with it they would probably get knocked back or down and show a light bruise or burn on the impact point. It's not lethal (or even particularly dangerous).
-The sword and knives are, as the eloquent saying goes, putting pointy things into fleshy things.

And I think that's it. (Finally, eh? :])

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2004, 08:16:21 pm »

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/5220419/

Image of Nolan I shoudl of really done along ago ^^' sorry for the wait Raven

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

theravenisdead
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2004, 12:59:30 am »

Now THAT is a sweet rendition of yours truly. Well worth the wait my friend  ^_^V l337!

Thanks again, Nik ^_^
Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2004, 04:25:48 pm »

No trouble there ^^ sorry it took so long for me to finish lol and to get back to posting on here  ^^;

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2004, 02:34:01 pm »

I have a pic of Lana somewhere. I drew it ages, and i might actually have posted it, but if I did, it wont work anymore. :P

I tried so hard on that pic, and when I was penning it in, the ink exploded all over the face, completely destroying the nose. Oh the wonders of tip-ex.

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2004, 05:58:59 am »

As Xan's appearance has now changed slightly (namely the new gun and the lab coat-- black trenchcoats are badly overplayed, but how about the cool guy wearing white? :D), here's a new PhotoShopped picture of him. Any similarities between this and Deus Ex art is entirely coincidental.  -_-

-Manfred von Rich
wildweasel
Londs' Screen Time

ICQ Messenger - 240668208 AOL Instant Messenger - wildweasellemon Yahoo Instant Messenger - wildweasel68k
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2005, 01:25:50 pm »

Hey, first entrant in nearly two years. I'm not entirely sure if I'll be doing major participation, but I've been told I'm pretty good at this stuff, so here goes.

-Name: Reed Warner
-Birthdate: July 14th
-Occupation: Caravan scout - runs ahead of the pack to ensure there aren't any Bugrom waiting for them
-Previous Occupation: Horror novelist
-Height: 6'
-Hair Color: Brown - short, and just a little messy
-Eye Color: Blue - almost appear to be glowing, in the right lighting
-Blood Type: O
-Ability: Modified vision. His eyes can now sense thermal activity, see in the dark better than most, and zoom in up to 4x. Unfortunately, this does not enable him to see Phantoms, and he doesn't have as much an eye for detail as Nanami did.
-Outfit: A baggy white T-shirt bearing "Mr. Yuk" on the front in black and white, loose-fitting blue jeans, white headband
-Earthly background:

Reed was just a novelist looking for inspiration for his latest book, The Deserted Ones. During a road trip to his mother's house in Vermont, a vicious storm broke out while he was driving on the interstate. A bolt of lightning struck his car, causing the portal to El-Hazard to appear.

Both Reed and his car ended up in the desert. The lightning's strike shorted out the electrical systems, however, and the engine had stalled - so he was unable to start the engine again. He was forced to walk on through the desert, leaving his car behind for whoever needed it.

Eventually, Reed happened upon a caravan. He noticed many in-depth details about its inhabitants, despite the fact that he was nearly five hundred meters away. He thought he saw a campfire going, even though it would have been obscured by all the tents. And perhaps strangest of all, it appeared to be daylight, but judging from the fact that there was no sun to be found, it really wasn't.

Having nowhere else to go, Reed decided to join the caravan. Once he mastered his new powers of vision, he became their chief scout, ready to warn the drivers of something called Bugrom if it ever happened to appear in their path.

At this moment, Reed's caravan has announced that they are coming up on Floristica. He has no idea where that is (probably someplace in Saudi Arabia, for all he knows) but he's darn well going to find out.

Not all who wander are lost. Just me.
Spanner
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2005, 07:49:30 am »

Hey, first entrant in nearly two years. I'm not entirely sure if I'll be doing major participation, but I've been told I'm pretty good at this stuff, so here goes.

Unfortunately, this game pretty much fell apart more than a year ago, and is hardly ever updated anymore. Sorry to disappoint!

Though, perhaps your enthusiasm will stir up a few of the former gamers?

The 1337 poster
wildweasel
Londs' Screen Time

ICQ Messenger - 240668208 AOL Instant Messenger - wildweasellemon Yahoo Instant Messenger - wildweasel68k
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2005, 09:36:36 pm »

Well, if not, then I could try and use Reed in an EH fanfiction or something...

Not all who wander are lost. Just me.
iminzc
Background Character

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2016, 08:28:43 pm »

nice choice  ^_^V
iminzc
Background Character

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2016, 08:38:45 pm »

In order to play, you must first post your 'character specs'. For Example, here's what my character bio is.

Name - Mioto Fijisawa
Age - 16
Gender - Male
Birthdate - Septaria 3
Location - Roshtaria (Good)
Occupation - Martial\Arts tech
Height - 6'0
Hair Color - Dark Brown (Like his Father)
Skin Color- normal (Really, like fijsawa)
Eye Color - Blue
Blood Type - AB
Skills - Use of the Roshtarian Royal Tech, Use of the Miz water powers.

given water gauntlets from uncle Makoto n Aunt Shayla  ^^;...

Please post on the topic "EHOL RPG??? if you wish to talk here.[/b]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines