Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:13:34 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  Games
| |-+  El-Hazard Online RPG (Moderators: Fujisawa4654, Spanner, Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  EHOL RPG???
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: EHOL RPG???  (Read 21442 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2003, 07:33:11 pm »

All right, you guys.  Looks like you've got your foundation laid out.  Now all you need is to figure out who's the effective leader who's going to start you off and I'll create you a forum subsection with Spanner/Fuji as moderators, if that's to spec.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
executor82
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2003, 07:43:51 pm »

In my opinion we should start with the humans who got through the dimensional portals to El Hazard, then the different inhabitants will follow to be introduced. They gonna meet them on their way.

How about it? The mods will lead the way by beginning the story with them. Or should anybody else start ???
Spanner
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2003, 11:04:08 pm »

Well, there's still a little more setup left to do, I'm afraid. There are several people who still need to design characters. (Erm, like me... *cough* :P) Also, it's not quite a done deal yet, that we will be setting the game two generations into the future - people still have 'til Friday to vote.

Plus, I'm gonna be busy all Father's Day weekend. On account of it being Father's Day weekend. ;D I'm sure some others will be busy, too.

Perhaps we should start a deadline, some day by which everyone needs to have their characters done? We can start the game then. How about next Wednesday? Next Wednesday, we'll start the game. Fujisawa and I will work out an introductory post sometime between Friday and then, and start the thread on Wednesday.

*Looks to the left side of the screen* Woohoo! Mod stars! I am l33t!!!

The 1337 poster
theravenisdead
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2003, 06:19:24 am »

1. A
2. B
3. C

I think that settles my vote :)
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2003, 08:52:51 am »

Ok, now that we have that all squared away, I was wondering if I could be a member of the Roshtarian Royal Family? That way, not only could I be related to Fatora, Her Esteemed Lesbian-ship, but I could stay on as sort of a Demi-Mod. That way, I could make sure the story keeps flowing, without having the responsibility of a regular Mod. I really wanted a Demon God, but I also didn't want to become a hypocrite, after all, it was I who placed the "Excess Demon God" rule... And who needs a Power Key staff when you can have all the girls in Roshtaria???  ;)
Spanner
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2003, 09:48:24 am »

Demi-Mod... *Chuckles*

Certainly, any player is free to play a member of Roshtarian royalty, if they like. Also, any player may play a Demon God, yourself included. The only caveat is that anyone who plays a character with a lot of power needs to have restrictions placed on them to somehow limit that power, so that they don't constantly overwhelm the other players.

If you wish to be a mover and shaker in the Roshtarian heirarchy, that's fine. This still leaves you with a lot of options - you can be the stay-at-home type like Rune Venus, who gives orders that potentially shake the foundations of the world and then spends her lonely nights angsting on the balcony, or you can be the adventurous type like TV Rune Venus or Fatora, who like to stretch their legs every now and then, much to the consternation of their various guardians.

From your suggestion, it sounds as though you're a little more interested in the stay-at-home sort, who has a lot of power and a greater hand in directing the overall picture. That's fine, though I'd request that you verify any major changes (like, say, carving your name onto the moon with the Eye of God just for the heck of it) through Fujisawa any myself.

Also, if you decide to be Roshtarian royalty, you may want to put some thought into your lineage. Presumably, you'd be a granddaughter/grandson of Rune Venus (Fatora isn't too likely to have kids, after all ^_^;;). Who'd Rune marry? Who'd her kids marry? If your character is female, and able to control the Eye of God, does she have a sister that she pairs up with for the task? Or, perhaps, does she work with her mother, or even grandmother?

This, actually, is a concern for all players who wish to play characters related to original series characters. Be sure to have some idea about your family line. Look to Executor's post for an excellent example of this - he intends to play Shayla-Shayla's grandson, but has also developed a history for him that includes a sister, who happens to be the Great Priestess of Fire, and also a pair of lost parents. Executor, you might want to put some thought into how Shayla eventually got over Makoto, and who she eventually had children with, but you don't need to give us the details unless they become important to the story.

The 1337 poster
Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2003, 12:45:36 pm »

Oh I almost forgot!... This friday morning I'll be leaving for Missouri and I'll come back Tuesday night. Wednesday will be the time I'm available, and as I understand, Spanner will be gone too. So this might be delayed... To me however this gives me a chance to prepare and think it over, plus I've never played a forum RPG.

jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2003, 01:11:30 pm »

That's fine, though I'd request that you verify any major changes (like, say, carving your name onto the moon with the Eye of God just for the heck of it) through Fujisawa any myself.

Hehehe... "FATORA WAS HERE"  ;D

Presumably, you'd be a granddaughter/grandson of Rune Venus (Fatora isn't too likely to have kids, after all ^_^;;).

OK! Assuming there's no miracle of artificial insemination in El-Hazard...  ;D
Spanner
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2003, 02:48:47 pm »

OK! Assuming there's no miracle of artificial insemination in El-Hazard...  ;D

Heh. Even if El-Hazard had test tube babies, I can't imagine Lady Fatora would be all that enthusiastic about having children of her own. ^_^ She ain't exactly the motherly type. Which is why we all love her tolerate her eye her with a great deal of suspicion as much as we do. ;D

Still, if you'd like to see a rather wonderful story that DOES feature Fatora becoming a reluctant mother... er, well, father, sorta... just look to Dooky's "The Shape of Things to Come". Dooky definitely knows his Fatora and Ailelle!

The 1337 poster
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2003, 03:20:14 pm »

I suppose being a grand-daughter of Fatora could be explained as 'scarey', and it is true that Fatora (unless through means of fanfic) is going to become a mother.

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

View Profile Email
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2003, 11:45:48 pm »

I'M BACK!... I got back from Missoiri with only 2 good things to talk about and several bad things to talk about. So lets just say I'm back.

Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

View Profile Email
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2003, 11:51:58 am »

ok... votes are in.. I'M THE ONLY... wait spanned did.. And spanner made a solid vote and i made 2 half votes... C won, there will be a Granny Fatora folks!... Now I need to start a new thread, but I'm not sure how to get it off the ground, SPANNER WHERE ARE YOU!...

Spanner
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2003, 12:09:40 pm »

SPANNER WHERE ARE YOU!...

Heh. I'm here. I'm at work though, so if you want an in-depth discussion, we should probably meet later.

Unfortunately, I'm gonna be busy this evening, as well (I have company coming). Will you be available at around 9:30 Central? We can meet and chat on AIM at that time, and figure out the best way to get this party started.

The 1337 poster
Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

View Profile Email
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2003, 12:12:41 pm »

Hmm 7:30 my time... NO guarantees, it's a 50:50 chance, but I'll try.

Don't get mad If I don't make it though, we just need to start up the RPG thread, I'm sure you cna do it without me but.. Moh... *dies*

Spanner
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2003, 09:45:36 pm »

This topic has served its purpose, so I'm going to lock it. Any other questions or comments anyone has should be written under (surpise!) Questions and Comments.

Happy Role Playing, everyone!

The 1337 poster
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines