Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:21:00 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  Games
| |-+  El-Hazard Online RPG (Moderators: Fujisawa4654, Spanner, Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  EHOL RPG???
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: EHOL RPG???  (Read 21428 times)
executor82
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2003, 03:59:53 pm »

Upsy, am I too late??  :-[
Well ok...let me have a look at this one...
executor82
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2003, 04:10:30 pm »

Well lets see...

1. a
2. c
3. c

jepp, thats it!!! ;D
panicpaladin
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2003, 11:10:01 am »

Yes, it's the best way to do it...

1 : A
2 : C
3 : C

It's the only way to do it without conflict, I can't imagine how many people there'd be shouting "NO, I WANT TO BE JINNAI!".

Plotwise, I don't think the return of something is really good for whoever said "Return of the Phantom Tribe" above, I'd rather have something new but that's just me, the return of minor things couldn't possibly hurt.
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2003, 12:51:59 pm »

Okay, show of hands! Hands up if you wanna be Jinnai?

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2003, 12:55:18 pm »

No no, Larewen, that would be contradictory to the majority votes so far, which are looking to create a futuristic setting that has no original characters featured.  PP was just using that as reinforcement to his choices.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2003, 12:56:06 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2003, 01:01:21 pm »

Okay? So what if I'm always wrong about everything?

I know that it has all been said before, but could you give me a brief summary of all the desicions that have been made? See, I didn't really understand what anyone was saying, and I'm sure someone else agrees with me.

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2003, 01:45:57 pm »

Page 2... the second post made by spanner with the hightlighted red numbers... that's what defined the official voting for this post.

Shade
Background Character

Infinite Incarnation

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2003, 02:48:51 pm »

1)A
2)A
3)C

I am different! ;D

"I expect this battle to be entertaining, Captain. Now get inside, so we can get this thing underway. I want to see some wai-wai lovely violence within a few minutes." - Major Melanie Melissa Masterson III
panicpaladin
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2003, 10:58:23 am »

Yeah, it was a reinforcement, if you didn't read it through clearly.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2003, 10:58:51 am by panicpaladin » Logged
Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2003, 11:18:10 am »

I never mind an RPG, but if it takes place during like, when the actual episodes take place, it's very hard to do anything. Anyway i only  have 1 min so buhbye

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2003, 01:08:39 pm »

1. a
2. c
3. b or c

I think that I am vaguly begining to understand this now.

executor82
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2003, 08:02:07 pm »

Ok, five replies so far!!!
Looks good to me, but there should be some more.
Anyway, are there suggestions yet, who might be the Mod of the RPG?

How about Rob? (only if he'll be interrested in  ;) )
He has the recommended knowlege about El Hazard  ;D
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2003, 08:53:16 pm »

Well, it's potentially interesting, but... things simply haven't stabilized so far as jobs/etc are concerned, so I really don't know when I'll be available, and not being around could be a real drag on your story.

For now I'll just try to do moderator type work on this post and try to facilitate any other needs you may have as this develops.

Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2003, 09:48:08 pm »

I might be interesting in being the MOD, I'm a huge El-Hazard.. maybe. However, I have pretty sharp with my knowledge on this world. So in which case, I have to poin tout a few things I might set up. (Just in case  ;))

-Firstly, the timeline will be set in the future, I am attached to the main El-Hazard story line and I don't want it ruined. The thing is, this is when a warphole in space, sorta, causes a time fold in space, by a prototype space ship, from Earth, in the year 2256. In which case, the ship makes it's test on space fold, but in desperate need, war struck out with aliens. Therefore, the ship, as par long distance traveling, was used for creating wormholes. However, one time, the 56th volunteer squadron of Space fighters, nicknamed Flying Soverignity, had to use the warphole that the Wormhole ship, just recently earning the name "Nullhole" from it's rather, braindead inventor.

As the Nullhole started to make it's wormhole, the fighter regiment had arrived and went into position prior for preparing to enter the wormhole. As soon was the Nullhole made the Wormhole, it gave the regiment an O.K. to go. The fighters went in in, the wormhole was absolutely fantastic as they went through. However, on the same side of the Nullhole ship, the aliens had attacked the ship, and destroyed it. It was not made to be attacked in the first place. As soon as it was destroyed, the Wormhole began to disrupt and collapse. Space was starting to rip apart from time as it tried to go back to it's normal self, doing so, some of teh ships disappeared, along with the pilot.

The wormhole had collapsed soon, with each and every ship that survived, critically damaged with parts of the fighters torn off from the experience. The disabled fighters, were in an unknown system, as wella s have been very close to a certian planet. That certain planet wasEl-Hazard... Gravity pulled the repains of their ships into the atmosphere, some of the aircrafts continued to the surface, while others disintegrated within the atmosphere. Very few ships survived, all the pilots had been knocked out during the crash.

-The path you choose, you must tell me wither it's Good (Roshtaria's), Bad (Bugrom) or Neutral (Some sort of unknown villeage with it's own government.

-The role you take MUSt be one of the crashlanding pilots. I, or whom I appoint, shall be in control of the actual El-Hazard cast i.e. Fujisawa, Makoto, Jinnai, blah blah blah. I do not intend to stay on forever. Therefore I shall post whenever I leave and come back on, as wella s the tiem and date the operation has started/stopped.

-Before you come into play, give specs on your character. For example, this will be mine

Name: Miles Herrera
Birthdate: Unknown
Landfall location (Side): Roshtaria (Good)
Previous occupations: None
Height: 5ft 10in
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Green
Blood Type: A--

-Please note, that if, during your RPGing, you announce one of your "Unknown" features, you must update that on the post in which you put in your specs. Same thing goes with Jobs.

One last note. I have not done anything like this before, therefore, I would like to appoint someone Assistance MODer. If this actually goes into play, I'll lay out the ground rules. Just tell me what you think.

Spanner
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2003, 12:17:17 am »

I might be interesting in being the MOD, I'm a huge El-Hazard.. maybe. However, I have pretty sharp with my knowledge on this world. So in which case, I have to poin tout a few things I might set up. (Just in case   ;))

Ah, it's great to see your enthusiasm, Fujisawa4654. Enthusiasm is what allows a game like this to live. In fact, I'd like to see a little more - so far we only have six confirmed players: executor82, panicpaladin, Shade,  larewen_evenstar, Fujisawa4654, and myself. No one else has voted on the game setup, yet. (Actually, you haven't either, Fuj, but I think I've got your votes figured out from your post - looks like you're an 1. a 2. c 3. c)

Now, in regards to your setup idea, I like it. It's creative, and it's definitely a good step forward in preparing for this game. However, it needs some modification. Right now, it's quite restrictive. For one thing, not everyone is going to want to be a crashed ship pilot. (I know I don't.) I'm sure there will be some players who would prefer to be Phantom Tribesman, or Priestesses (assuming that the Priestesses we know are retired), or ancient El-Hazardians revived from stasis, or who-knows-what else. And if we WERE all crashed ship pilots, the game could wind up being quite boring - it's much better to have a rich and diverse cast of player characters, than to have them all with such similar backgrounds.

Secondly, the Mod (whether it be you, or someone else) will not have total control over all the series characters. It's simply too big a job, trust me on this. Individual players can be trusted to treat series characters right when they need to control them for short periods of time, and only if they don't treat them right should the Mod step in.

In fact, if the Mod intends to play the game him or herself, he or she should be VERY light-handed, only stepping in to make corrections when absolutely necessary. A heavy handed Mod with tight control over the story is only necessary when the players lack imagination, or are belligerent, and I doubt that will be a problem in this case.

The background story for the game is something we must all agree on before playing; simply being the Mod doesn't mean you will solely decide how the story is going to begin. Your crashed dimensional spaceships idea is a good one, but for now it is just a suggestion for us all to keep in mind, whether you become Mod or not.

In short, while I DID say that the Mod is God here, he or she only has power as long as His or Her followers believe in Him or Her. ^_^

Oh, and I'm quite willing to be assistant Mod, if you need the help. In fact, I was going to volunteer to be Mod myself, if no one else volunteered...

For now I'll just try to do moderator type work on this post and try to facilitate any other needs you may have as this develops.

*Nods* Real life has priority, of course. If you wish to get your foot into the game, though, you can place your character into an isolated starting point. After all, if you're not interacting directly with other players, you won't be holding anyone back. ^_^ But that can wait until we get to the actual character-forming stage of the game.

I do have one request, though - I think that it wouldn't be a bad idea to have the game itself take place in a seperate forum at the same level as the "El-Hazard Online" and "Not El-Hazard Online" forums. When the time comes, would you be willing to add a new forum, and call it something like "El-Hazard Online RPG", or something? That way, we won't clutter up the "El-Hazard Online" forum with our RPG threads.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY

5 votes for placing the game in the OAV continuity.

0 for all other choices.

1 vote for placing the game in the past of El-Hazard

4 votes for placing the game in the future of El-Hazard.

0 for all other choices.

0.5 votes for allowing players to play series characters as well as player-created characters.

4.5 votes for only allowing players to play player-created characters.

0 for all other choices.

(Just had to be difficult, didn't you, Lar?  ;D)

So far, the votes are rather overwhelmingly in favor of 1. a 2. c 3. c, but that could certainly change if we get more players. C'mon, people, sign up! It'll be fun! And you can always quit if you don't like it!

The 1337 poster
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines