Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:28:23 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Ok...so who's actually here?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Ok...so who's actually here?  (Read 32203 times)
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2003, 04:55:54 pm »

I see you registered to OBfiles? Damn you!

And yes, i do.

Did you know, it's taken me til about twenty minutes ago to realise that it was march?

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2003, 04:57:37 pm »

Now, enough of that, you're falling off-topic.

Yes, I seem to be good at that.  :-/ But what is the topic in this particular section anyway? And if there is one, why can't I remember it?  :P

One last comment, on that note, if I may, before I get myself back on track, and that is: Rob, you seem like a wonderful guy, and I'm sure there are lots of girls who will date you. You just need to work out self-esteem issues!  :P All of you do! *gets out Old Granny Naggington cane and starts hitting people with it*

But, if you all are looking for dates, Cons are great places to start!  ;) *finally back on track* Ah, I remember my first con... No, actually, I don't, but that's beside the point! *It was Anime Overload Poisioning* Actually, it was funny, beacuse everyone in my group was paring themselves up, so that when I finally decided to go back to the room to get some sleep, it was so crowded in there that you couldn't move! We even filed up the bathroom! So some ramdom guy offered to share rooms, so I got a couch and he got the floor.  ;)

*Basic point for those of you who I know won't bother to read all that, Cons Are Fun*
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2003, 04:58:46 pm »

... Woah, it's March? ...
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2003, 05:01:13 pm »

Yeah! It is. Surprisingly. Took me ages to notice. I better change my calendar!

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2003, 05:28:41 pm »

Topic was once long ago "Who's actually here", and of late it has been "What anime do you own."

You just need to work out self-esteem issues!

Actually, it's not self-esteem so much anymore, self-esteem was a problem upwards of 2 years ago and before.  My biggest problem is being in a technology track, which makes most of my classes female-devoid.  And then I sit out on this lounge area, and hear couples fighting about stupid things, or once listened unwantingly to a girl in tears over some guy openly calling her annoying... anyway, it's just frustrating because frankly I know I'm better then most of the guys these girls are complaining about, but I don't get a chance. ;p

Meh, I'd work with a girl if I was put into the position... maybe.  But actually I wonder if that's even what I want, I mean, my lifestyle is without car (right now, that might change this summer, depending), and my hobby's are pretty much solo deeds except for those that require the other end to be "in" to even get enjoyment out of it.

Therefore, I need a geek girl, as that's probably the best kind for a geek guy.  I'm probably only going to find one of those in a tech class that I happen to be in, or a job sometime later in life.  I only bitch out of frustration on the issue, and because males are about as chemically driven as cars run on gas.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2003, 09:41:42 pm »

Hajime mashite! I'm very glad to be here. El Hazard is my favorite anime of all time, so I naturally jumped on the chance to register at this forum! Hope my avatar doesn't exceed any size limitations or anything. ^^;

Neil Lafrenais, that is a great avatar you have. I had that avatar at one point, on several forums. It totally freaked people out! ;D

Name: Gary, but you can call me Saucer

Sex: Mail...... I mean male

Personality: Heh, fairly extroverted I'd say.

Hobbies and interests: anime, manga, video games, reading, coffee, booze, food, art, history, science, computers, boxing, martial arts

Favorate non-anime Movie(s): Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, The Matrix

Anime you've seen: There's no way I could list them all. I've been watching anime seriously for about 10 years now! I will list some of my favorite though: El Hazard, Kimagure Orange Road, Gunbuster, Giant Robo, Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura, Slayers, Love Hina, Vandread, Hellsing, Betterman and so many more......

Religion: None. But if I had to pick one I felt closest to, it would be Shinto. However, Buddhism is also very close to my personal philosophy

How did you find El-Hazard online?: Google search for more info, screen shots, etc... on the El Hazard Saturn Game!

Misc:I also run a web discussion forum that covers anime and various other diverse subject matter. It's called Crossroads and you're welcome to join! It's kinda empty right now, as I just had to change servers this week. And, I couldn't move the threads, due to incompatibility problems with the code. So, wanna help me fill it up? ^_^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2003, 09:53:37 pm »

on the El Hazard Saturn Game!

HORRAY, someone who actually cares!  Seriously, that's great to hear, when I'm only a few steps away from completing my Windows PC reverse-engineer port.

And our trend of people over 25 continues...

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2003, 01:02:58 pm »

I care. I joined cause i love EH! That's what you were talking about? Right?

jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2003, 01:59:11 pm »

And then I sit out on this lounge area, and hear couples fighting about stupid things, or once listened unwantingly to a girl in tears over some guy openly calling her annoying...

I've been on that end of it! I've heard it all. Most of it came from grade school, so it gave me a bit of a shyness complex. *I'm fine on the internet, but in person I tend to be a bit quiet.* But seroiusly, girls cry over everything. I cry whenever someone mentions "Fluff". ... Damn, there I go again...  :'( Grave of the Fireflies does that to me too. I can safely say that you're not human if you didn't cry during Grave.

I'm probably only going to find one of those in a tech class that I happen to be in, or a job sometime later in life.  

You'd be suprised. I took a course in CISCO *kind of an advanced computer course for those of you who don't know, it's more involved with programming and really complicated stuff like that.* Anyways, I go in there on my first day, and the entire class is male. There wasn't a single girl in there. And the guys were like, "Aaaah! A girl! RUN AWAY!"

*And for all of you jerks who think I'm too young or ditzy to take a college level computer course, I'm actually quite advanced, so bug off  ;) *

El Hazard, Kimagure Orange Road, Gunbuster, Giant Robo, Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura, Slayers, Love Hina, Vandread, Hellsing, Betterman and so many more......

HAH! A Slayers Fan in our midst! Finally! Welcome to our odd group Saucer! And may I start off by saying  

"Zelgadis and Amelia suck as a couple! Long Live Lina!!!"
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2003, 06:39:21 pm »

HORRAY, someone who actually cares!  Seriously, that's great to hear, when I'm only a few steps away from completing my Windows PC reverse-engineer port.

I've been reading about that. Great job Rob! BTW, you're working on a Mac OS port next, right? ^_^;;; ;D

And our trend of people over 25 continues...

Until our crystals turn red....*COUGH*logansrun*COUGH*

HAH! A Slayers Fan in our midst! Finally! Welcome to our odd group Saucer! And may I start off by saying  

"Zelgadis and Amelia suck as a couple! Long Live Lina!!!"

Sankyuu! ^_^ Heh heh, well I find it a bit alarming, the number of fanatical Lina + Zelgadis people. But that's OK, just let's not start going on about Xellos + Filia. ^^;;;

jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2003, 06:49:07 pm »

Sankyuu! ^_^ Heh heh, well I find it a bit alarming, the number of fanatical Lina + Zelgadis people. But that's OK, just let's not start going on about Xellos + Filia. ^^;;;

Well, it makes sense, they're both so smart, but enough of that. I see no reason why Xellos and Filia work. Last year at the con, my sis and I dresses as Xel and Filia, and so I will forever be known to the Nan-Desu-Con-Glomp-Club as "Filia".
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2003, 06:54:17 pm »

you're working on a Mac OS port next, right?

I'd gladly do it... if I owned a Mac that had a processor better then the ol' 68030.

Nothing against Macs except that other than porting for other people I have absolutely no use for them... I need a cheap one somewhere or somebody to give me their now uneeded Mac... as long as it's something relatively modern instead of Geyer Printing's throw-outs.

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2003, 07:23:56 pm »

Well, it makes sense, they're both so smart, but enough of that. I see no reason why Xellos and Filia work. Last year at the con, my sis and I dresses as Xel and Filia, and so I will forever be known to the Nan-Desu-Con-Glomp-Club as "Filia".

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I simply do not like Xellos. ^^;

I'd gladly do it... if I owned a Mac that had a processor better then the ol' 68030.

Nothing against Macs except that other than porting for other people I have absolutely no use for them... I need a cheap one somewhere or somebody to give me their now uneeded Mac... as long as it's something relatively modern instead of Geyer Printing's throw-outs.

Well, if you didn't need a CD/DVD-burner or anything......http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?family=iMac
And despite what Apple tells you, you can drop 1GB of RAM in these old G3 DV models.

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2003, 08:10:13 pm »

Apparently you think I have money... I'm already short on my fourth college semester, sir.  ;p

Used and abused, that's my market.

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2003, 09:42:01 pm »

Anyway, went through eBay, came across a 300MHz G3 machine for about $200... I won't be purchasing anytime soon, but I'm giving you my general level of expectance.  I'm thinking 233MHz or more is a safe number for porting, but I also don't know the programming stuff available for Macs, so unless I'm getting one free or really cheap, there's a bit of research I'm going to have to do first.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines