Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:56:10 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Makoto Vs. Jinnai
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Makoto Vs. Jinnai  (Read 8355 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2003, 08:42:00 pm »

Online 2 player one-on-one El-Hazard fighter ahoy?

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2003, 10:13:22 pm »

Yeah, there are a couple a fighting engines available that you can dump your own sprites into I believe? I've seen people make their own chara.

And on that note, if this fighter wwere to be on the level of something like Marvel vs Capcom, would Makoto or Jinnai be able to summon and use things like the Eye of God and Ifurita (assuming she wouldn't be in the game herself)?

Reminds of the oft rumored Capcom vs AIC game. ^_^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2003, 11:30:09 pm »

We should make a sort of "Street Fighter" esque GameEngine to handle these problems. Or convert the characters into MUGEN or KOF91 characters.

That's a great idea!

If only I had any artistic talent to speak of. :(

Yeah, there are a couple a fighting engines available that you can dump your own sprites into I believe? I've seen people make their own chara.

And on that note, if this fighter wwere to be on the level of something like Marvel vs Capcom, would Makoto or Jinnai be able to summon and use things like the Eye of God and Ifurita (assuming she wouldn't be in the game herself)?

Reminds of the oft rumored Capcom vs AIC game. ^_^;

How dare you even suggest that Ifurita not be in the game! She's GOTTA be there! Both of her!

And the possibility that she's be an overpowered character is meaningless. If you've played Marvel vs Capcom, then you KNOW that fights that should by all rights be extremely one-sided are still playable. I wanna see a Nanami vs Ifurita grudge match where Nanami kicks Ifurita's ass! ;D

Nanami: *Standing triumphant over Ifurita's battered and unconsious form* That'll teach you to steal my boyfriend, you wind-up hussy! *Holds a ladle up in triumph* Never underestimate the power of Super Chef!

The 1337 poster
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2003, 11:34:48 pm »

How can I have 200 some site members but no one can edit fighting game sprites for our own amusements? ;p

I'd probably try it myself if I had time for such.

Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2003, 01:25:14 am »

Well, I found one neat site with a Shayla sprite. He also has Tenchi and Trigun sprites that look pretty good.

http://www.dreamwater.org/synapse/side/sidestuff.html

I might work on some El-Hazard sprites after I finish making the El-Hazard smileys. They're a tad bit more difficult than I thought... the 15 X 15 pixel size is tough to master. But give me time, I will DEFEAT it!

I Care Deep
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2003, 08:04:27 am »

Well, I found one neat site with a Shayla sprite. He also has Tenchi and Trigun sprites that look pretty good.

I might work on some El-Hazard sprites after I finish making the El-Hazard smileys. They're a tad bit more difficult than I thought... the 15 X 15 pixel size is tough to master. But give me time, I will DEFEAT it!

That's pretty awesome! Do you suppose this guy would be willing to design some 50-odd sprites for each character in the game? ;D

The 1337 poster
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2003, 11:23:34 pm »

How dare you even suggest that Ifurita not be in the game! She's GOTTA be there! Both of her!

:P Yes yes, I would wish for nothing more. Believe you me. But super powerful chara and bosses in games often get watered down. Akuma (SFII), Edge Master (Soul Calibur)...... Marvel vs Capcom being the exception, of course. ^^;;;;;

And the possibility that she's be an overpowered character is meaningless. If you've played Marvel vs Capcom, then you KNOW that fights that should by all rights be extremely one-sided are still playable. I wanna see a Nanami vs Ifurita grudge match where Nanami kicks Ifurita's ass! ;D

Nanami: *Standing triumphant over Ifurita's battered and unconsious form* That'll teach you to steal my boyfriend, you wind-up hussy! *Holds a ladle up in triumph* Never underestimate the power of Super Chef!

Thou speakest heresy!!!!!!

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2003, 11:25:49 pm »

For our EH purpose, yes, Shayla DOES look rather nice!

Told ya though.  :P

Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2003, 11:37:38 pm »

Speaking of heresy:  ;D

The landscape was charred, the result of the massive, god-like battle that had recently taken place. The once tall spires of the town were now nothing but rubble, its magnificent structures all but dust. All was silent now, in this devastated area of El-Hazard, a pure contrast from the universe-shattering fury of the previous hour.

Lying prone and beaten upon the hard, cold ground was the body of the vile Demon Beast Ifurita. Her conqueror, the vailiant Lord God Hero of All Plebians Jinnai, stood victorious above her with a mighty leg atop the evil creature's corpse.

"I bring you peace in this war-torn land," spoke the Mighty One. "With mine bare hands, I haveth slain the bionic bimbo."

And the people rejoiced, for they were happy at this outcome.

"Oh, My Lord!" cried out a humble peasant, who despite her uncanny resemblance to the Mighty One's trusted ally and confidante Diva, was someone completely different and had never met the valiant Conqueror until this very day. "Spectacular! You truly are the King of Kings!"

"Indeed," he nodded, agreement in his baritone. "It is good."

I Care Deep
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2003, 12:12:13 am »

That... was beautiful.

:'(

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2003, 10:03:32 pm »

Speaking of heresy:  ;D

The landscape was charred, the result of the massive, god-like battle that had recently taken place. The once tall spires of the town were now nothing but rubble, its magnificent structures all but dust. All was silent now, in this devastated area of El-Hazard, a pure contrast from the universe-shattering fury of the previous hour.

Lying prone and beaten upon the hard, cold ground was the body of the vile Demon Beast Ifurita. Her conqueror, the vailiant Lord God Hero of All Plebians Jinnai, stood victorious above her with a mighty leg atop the evil creature's corpse.

"I bring you peace in this war-torn land," spoke the Mighty One. "With mine bare hands, I haveth slain the bionic bimbo."

And the people rejoiced, for they were happy at this outcome.

"Oh, My Lord!" cried out a humble peasant, who despite her uncanny resemblance to the Mighty One's trusted ally and confidante Diva, was someone completely different and had never met the valiant Conqueror until this very day. "Spectacular! You truly are the King of Kings!"

"Indeed," he nodded, agreement in his baritone. "It is good."

Demon Beast?? Sounds like you're getting your series' mixed up again, Katsy Watsy. ^_^

Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2003, 01:16:18 am »

*grits teeth*

Just using the most fitting description to describe that trecherous mechanized hag, Saucey-Wausey...

I Care Deep
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2003, 08:31:23 am »

Don't forget who's talking, Saucer. ;p

mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2003, 09:28:23 am »

*grits teeth*

Just using the most fitting description to describe that trecherous mechanized hag, Saucey-Wausey...

Heh.  That was worth the price of admission.  :)
Being a recovering RPGer, it's fun to see folks in the zone with their characters.  

--me

Mark Engels
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2003, 10:16:36 am »

Those sprites are awesome!  As a Slayers fan, I thought the Lina Inverse one was bad-ass.  And the one of Excel was so kwoot!  :)  Of the two Shayla's I like the one with the big flame surrounding her head like a halo.  How ironic.

Thanks for posting them.

--me

Mark Engels

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines