Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:21:56 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Some EH embarrasing moments
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Some EH embarrasing moments  (Read 7376 times)
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2003, 08:55:09 pm »

Off-topic, as usual:  That reminds me of the only non-anime use I've found for my Japanese.  I'm generally a laid-back kind of guy, but sometimes I find myself swearing like a sailor when I drive in city traffic.  So, now, when I come across someone who drives even worse than I do, I just shout "BAKAYAROU!!  DOAHO!!  MANUKE!!  KUSO SHITE SHINE ZO!!" etc. etc.

Topic? ^^; What were we talking about again?

::ears turn red at hearing MrWhat's string of profanities::

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
amanda_dale
Londs' Screen Time

AOL Instant Messenger - IfuritaD
View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2003, 07:57:18 pm »

I'd have to say I haven't met with too many annoying reactions when I mention anime, considering I live in a fairly small town. The one exception was a coworker in my old job...when I said I was an anime fan she gave me a VERY strange look and backed away. Later on I found out she'd once been to an anime screening at her college's film club. The film they showed was Urotsoki Doji...without any kind of warning first!  :o Way to live up to all the old stereotypes, huh?

worshipper of the Demon Goddess Ifurita
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2003, 08:03:44 pm »

Later on I found out she'd once been to an anime screening at her college's film club. The film they showed was Urotsoki Doji...without any kind of warning first!  :o

Oh, that's just plain RUDE!   *I* couldn't stomach an entire sitting of UD either, and I've been an anime fan since the late 80's!  No wonder us otaku get a bad rap.

Then again, I could tell you about train buffs and the crazy stunts they pull.  I WAS one, though I never did half the things some "foamers" do (so named because railroaders watch them foam at the mouth whenever a particular type of locomotive grumbles by.)  I try to keep the fact I actually LIKE TRAINS a secret out here now that I work on a signal gang installing grade crossings.

"Yeah, yeah...I'll roll this train by and inspect it."

"No, no, I don't mind, really"  

(Actually, I'm glad to be out of that damn trench for a few minutes.  I'm getting good with a shovel and I've got the callouses to prove it!)

--me

Mark Engels
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2003, 11:45:43 pm »

I'd have to say I haven't met with too many annoying reactions when I mention anime, considering I live in a fairly small town. The one exception was a coworker in my old job...when I said I was an anime fan she gave me a VERY strange look and backed away. Later on I found out she'd once been to an anime screening at her college's film club. The film they showed was Urotsoki Doji...without any kind of warning first!  :o Way to live up to all the old stereotypes, huh?

LOL! I know several people who had their first anime experience via Urotsokidoji. It's really strange, isn't it? I guess because it was the first hentai title to be livcensed and released over here.  Call it morbid curiosity, too. It's one of those things people see and just go "WTF?! Hey so and so, come check this out!" I do recall a friend of mine telling me the story of the first time he did 'shrooms, and the people he was with were all "Hey, Mike has to see Legend of the Overfiend!" ^^;;;

It wasn't my first anime, but it was my first hentai! I thought Ranma 1/2 was a bit "ecchi" at the time because it showed breasts. But then along comes this! I was working at a video store at the time and my friend who got me into anime told me to bring over all the anime I could get. We put that particular title in the VCR and went O_O;

In defense of hentai, there are some really good titles out there, including Masquerade and Spaceship Agga Rutter (both of which just happen to be created by Masaki Kajishima and produced by AIC ^^; ). Great, dramatic and hilarious anime if you don't mind sitting through a few "not quite as explicit as Koihime" sex scenes.

Though as far as tentacle hentai like Urotsokidoji goes, I will say it is a bit over the top and overdone. -_-;

Then again, I could tell you about train buffs and the crazy stunts they pull.

So, that tradition is still alive? ^_^ I once read that the terms "hacker" and "to hack" originated from the Tech Model Railroad Club at MIT. they also developed the first videogame.
;D

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2003, 05:24:23 pm »

So, that tradition is still alive? ^_^ I once read that the terms "hacker" and "to hack" originated from the Tech Model Railroad Club at MIT. they also developed the first videogame.
;D

I never knew that, but I guess I can put it together now.

Back in the day when I used to subscribe to a model railroad magazine, I remember reading an article on that particular model railroad club at MIT.  The catch phrase that adorned all their equipment was "We can hack it," an obvious take off of Union Pacific's 80's era slogan "We can handle it."

--me

Mark Engels
mikka
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2003, 08:03:10 pm »

I'm generally a laid-back kind of guy, but sometimes I find myself swearing like a sailor when I drive in city traffic.  So, now, when I come across someone who drives even worse than I do, I just shout "BAKAYAROU!!  DOAHO!!  MANUKE!!  KUSO SHITE SHINE ZO!!" etc. etc.

Gee...  That sounds just like me.  So far it's about all I can do with a Japanese AA, besides eavesdrop...

I've had more or less the same "...Anime?  :-/" experiences.  Can't remember any specifics, but you probably *would* believe the looks you can get.  Especially when your walls are more to do with seiyuu themselves than the characters...
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines