Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:32:21 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  [Spam] "Hey there.. ^_^" from Mike [ANOTHER? o_O]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Spam] "Hey there.. ^_^" from Mike [ANOTHER? o_O]  (Read 4597 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« on: May 07, 2003, 07:08:43 pm »

Read latest post for a possible ADDITIONAL spammer...

I just wanted to all alert you that I've been spammed twice from a mailbot that goes by the name of "Mike", and has an email return address of "mike[randomnumber]@hotmail.com"

The exact letter is as follows:

Hey there.. ^_^

Just saw you on some forums, and thought I would email you. Basically I own a message board for anime, roleplay and entertainment with about 1500 members, and would like to invite you to them. :P We are a friendly place (though a little crazy) with plans of world domination (was I meant to say that? er..heh heh ^^). Anyway, if you want to check it out, the link is:

http://www.animeleague.net/cgi-bin/phpbb/index.php

Hope to see ya around. :)

It sounds friendly, but like I said, this is a mailbot, a spammer.  The board itself is pretty much as it says, however El-Hazard comes up under only a handful of topics, one of which was "Worst Animes Ever".  The server its on seems paralyzed with bandwidth overload... and they really don't need additional members, nor do many of the ones on there seem even remotely mature (probably a bunch of 12-14 year old males, bleh).  One of the topics that El-Hazard WAS in asked so many incredibly sad questions (why wuz makoto cross-drssing?!! what's up with that little girl?!?!)

Anyway, I don't know if any of you are members there, but I recommend you DON'T add to their 1500+.  :P

« Last Edit: May 11, 2003, 03:32:00 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2003, 07:16:50 pm »

Received a similar email, Rob.  I drew much the same conclusions you did through my own inspection.

We all know the place to come talk about EH, right?  :)

--me

Mark Engels
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2003, 07:19:08 pm »

I would like to think so ;)

I decided to call their bluff, and checked to see how many members were even active posters...

Check this out, as of when I checked, 1051 people who've registed but never posted once.  o_O  (And a great many more who've only posted once...)  Definitely not worth anyone's time.

kiri_kitty_kitt
Londs' Screen Time

Alielle~! *Glomp* *_*

AOL Instant Messenger - Lemonkitt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2003, 08:58:49 pm »

O-o whats the point of regestering without posting? There questions scare me x_x;;...

Cha~!
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2003, 03:47:57 pm »

Well, I get loads of junk in my email Inbox, as well as junk mail. I get roughly 30 junk mail messages a day.
Things that don't even apply to me as well, stuff like, pensions, and other things...

But I mean, come on, who joins a forum and never posts, whats the point?

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2003, 03:53:27 pm »

But I mean, come on, who joins a forum and never posts, whats the point?

***Sarah decides to be a bitch *** you joined MINE and never posted ^_^

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2003, 04:07:33 pm »

That's cause I couldn't get yours to work!!! *bitches back*

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2003, 04:11:57 pm »

* Wants to stop the bitching * We got the idea!

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2003, 04:57:31 pm »

That's cause I couldn't get yours to work!!! *bitches back*

I REALLY don't know WHY you were having that problem... no one else has... you should give it another try

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2003, 02:31:19 pm »

I did!!! It said my email was already in use!!! So I couldn't re join, but to please you, I will try again in a couple of days.  ;D

pixiegirl
Demon God(ess)

BAAAAAAAA!

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2003, 03:38:21 pm »

Back to the current subject. What is the point in joining a forum and not posting?! Its not even as if there was anything else interesting to do. :P

If at first you don't succeed redifine success.

If at first you do succeed try to hide you're astonishment!

Iv'e not failed  iv'e just tried 10,000 ways that don't work.

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2003, 06:06:37 am »

Well, apart from on The OB files, where some of things, like on EHOL can only be accessed by a current logged in member of the forum.

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2003, 03:34:01 pm »

"hey" from Ice Cold:

Hey there! I am going around asking members of certain anime Communities If they would please join my forums at http://www.digital-anime.com/forum/  . We have just begun to work on this site and are hoping to make it the best site ever, but a good site needs good members, so we are hoping to get a few people who wish to join and see what they'd like on the site, and soon by listening to all of your ideas the site will be great.. So far we are planning on hosting fan-fiction, anime episodes (you won't have to vote to get to the page like on most other sites), and many other things as soon as we get more ideas. So .. yes please join our new forums.. Please help make our site great... ^___^

I'm not sure if this one is quite as loose-structured as Anime League... but if one who's a master of El-Hazard can't be emailed with some recognition to El-Hazard, I think it's just as likely that it's another mailbot.  :P

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2003, 10:57:13 pm »

K0one of those as well. But you already knew that Rob. I remember us discussing the utter daftness of their board members, in regards to El Hazard.  
-_______________-;

Oh well, the Emperor is still the Emperor. And, the fool is still the fool.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2003, 10:59:14 pm by saucer » Logged

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines