Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:18:59 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Songs that fit El Hazard Characters. LTMB!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Songs that fit El Hazard Characters. LTMB!  (Read 8415 times)
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2003, 06:27:13 pm »

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/

That site is the reason my 11GB [D:] currently has about 50MB free  :P

I thought of another wish-list classic-rock Makoto & Ifurita AMV yesterday-- "So Far Away" by dIRE sTRAITS.
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2003, 06:48:06 pm »

I thought I should warn that animemusicvideos is delaying all new registrants 2 weeks before you're allowed to download or its waived if you give them money.  Specifically the latter part is what it's all about.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2003, 07:48:51 pm »

That site is the reason my 11GB [D:] currently has about 50MB free  :P

I thought of another wish-list classic-rock Makoto & Ifurita AMV yesterday-- "So Far Away" by dIRE sTRAITS.

To wit, I'm downloading a Princess Nine video to a song called "Adrenaline" right now.  :)

While I LOVE Dire Straits (in fact, I have Brothers in Arms and Love Over Gold on CD) I'm not sure whether or not enough anime footage exists to make a suitable video anyway.  The longing expressed in the song suggests Makoto's isolation, which although a good number of fictwriters have painted a graphic picture of to the depths of depravity to which he sank, there isn't much anime footage of same.  I do recall a very brief dream sequence in TAW in which Ifurita (yes, THE Ifurita) was calling to him in a dream, but that lasted only about ten seconds.  Ditto in the closing scenes of OVA2 where Kalia was trying to bait Makoto after she'd taken out the OTHER Ifurita.  Maybe some ambitious sort might draw up a few still sketches someone could flash in time to the song's tune?  Hmmm.  

Wonder what Dooky's been up to?  ;)

In the meantime, for some reason I immediately thought of Cowboy Bebop upon reading your post.  Maybe I should do a search for Dire Straits or Mark Knopfler on the amv site.  

--me

Mark Engels
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2003, 06:56:41 pm »

I'm not sure whether or not enough anime footage exists to make a suitable video anyway.

Not that it matters, since I won't be authoring AMVs anytime soon-- but I can think of at least three possible ways to work around that.

One way would be to use OVA2 scenes of desert-Ifurita out of context.  There's some scenes of her with Makoto, and some scenes of her by herself.

Another way would be to expand the video concept, and try to show Nanami and Shayla pining for Makoto.  Makoto is even farther "away" from them, so to speak, than Ifurita is from Makoto.

The third (and easiest) way would be to fade the song out early  ;D

Maybe I should do a search for Dire Straits or Mark Knopfler on the amv site.

I remember DLing two DS AMVs, both of Tenchi Muyo!, to "Money For Nothing" (of course) and "Brothers In Arms" (the title track).  The BIA one was actually rather moving.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2003, 08:36:54 pm »

I was never really a big person on AMVs. Maybe because I'm such a big music fan, I'm always really critical about what music is used. I do really like it when people use music from the series. It's not done very often, and I wish people did it more! I have this really great Outlaw Star AMV that uses the second ending music. Also, the Saber Marionette J AMVs are really cool.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2003, 09:15:21 am »

I was never really a big person on AMVs. Maybe because I'm such a big music fan, I'm always really critical about what music is used. I do really like it when people use music from the series. It's not done very often, and I wish people did it more! I have this really great Outlaw Star AMV that uses the second ending music. Also, the Saber Marionette J AMVs are really cool.

To each his own, I suppose.  :)

I do like the Outlaw Star opening theme, though.  I think I may well drop the dime for the box set before too long here.  I could talk about Aisha being the ultimate neko-chan, but that would be out of context here.  ;)

--me

Mark Engels

Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2003, 09:16:55 am »

I could talk about Aisha being the ultimate neko-chan, but that would be out of context here.  ;)

Never stopped anyone before.  ;p

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2003, 12:03:47 am »

Never stopped anyone before.  ;p

Heh heh. Aisha-sama is quite possibly the greatest and most powerful neko-shoujo in the multiverse! I remember how difficult it was to find shrines to her on the net, or even very many pics in general. Then, after the series appeared on Toonami, there were tons of shrines to her. ^^;;;

And isn't Yuko Miyamura's voice just perfect for her? Wai wai!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines