Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:05:12 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  NEW EH fan fiction "Rough Justice" by Wolfe & Enge
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NEW EH fan fiction "Rough Justice" by Wolfe & Enge  (Read 4741 times)
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« on: April 29, 2003, 09:31:51 pm »

Fellow El Hazard fans:

At the culmination of over eighteen months worth of work, my co-author Ken Wolfe and I are pleased to offer our newest El Hazard fan fiction "Rough Justice" for your reading enjoyment.

http://www.mts.net/~kenwolfe/my_fanfic/Rough.txt

For those of you familiar with Ken's earlier work including "Earth", "Reunited" and "Prime Candidate", this story takes place in between one of the vignettes that composes "Forever", the last segment of the Earth saga.  We have, however, crafted Rough Justice as a stand alone story, so we hope readers unfamiliar with the aforementioned works will still read and enjoy it.

Ken's other El Hazard stories may be found, along with Rough Justice, at:

http://www.mts.net/~kenwolfe/fanfic.html

Comments are welcomed and appreciated.  Our email addresses appear in the text of the story.

And thank you to all of you for keeping the El Hazard fan community alive and growing.

--me

Mark Engels
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2003, 10:03:55 pm »

You've mentioned this infinite amounts of times.  I'm going to guess it must be something incredibly special.  The only thing I fear about supposed really good fanfiction is that I'll like it so much I'll wish it was mine for usage.  :P  (By "usage" I mean in one of the bigger El-Hazard projects I'd like to be working on someday when I'm not so busy with school and needed employment.)

As you may infer, I'm a bit busy at the time being.  End of the semester with finals next week.  But I'll try to make time for this.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 07:39:48 pm »

Oh yay! Mark finally finished, and just in time! I just finished reading my lastest Steven King novel!  ;) I'll print it out, praying that my printer doesn't choke to death on the multitudes of pages, and use it for some free-time reading, aka, Rachel's Insomnia Hours! I'll be sure to give feedback when finished!  ;D
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2003, 07:50:28 pm »

Oh yay! Mark finally finished, and just in time! I just finished reading my lastest Steven King novel!  ;) I'll print it out, praying that my printer doesn't choke to death on the multitudes of pages, and use it for some free-time reading, aka, Rachel's Insomnia Hours! I'll be sure to give feedback when finished!  ;D

Thank you for the kind words, Rach.  And for the rest of you curious, Rough Justice weighs in at around 74,000 words (or about 150 pages using 9-point Courier type.)  So those of you who desire to print it out ought best to stock up on ink.  :)

Looking forward to your sharing your impressions of the story Rach.

--me

Mark Engels
rowan_a._seven
Demon God(ess)

Demon Gods - as dangerous as they are cute.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2003, 09:47:44 pm »

Pretty impressive.  I only skim read it for a variety of reasons, but such a basic viewing of this story is more than capable of revealing the great talent that went into it.  The characterizations are deep, credible, and fascinating, and the story truly has an epic sense.  In a good way, it feels more like an El-Hazard world story than a Makoto/Ifurita/other main characters tale.  The themes it touches upon are also intelligent and compelling, and the character growth is beautiful to watch.  Great job.
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2003, 10:06:42 pm »

Despite what I said, I would read it if I wasn't worried about printing it.  150 pages?  Good lord... ink's expensive.  :p  I can't blow an ink cartridge right now, but maybe later... I definately can't stand 150 pages on-screen.  It'll kill my eyes, heh.

But don't get me wrong, this sounds like something that's required reading...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2003, 10:07:06 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2003, 10:39:39 am »

"Rough Justice" by Wolfe & Engels now available on ff.net.

http://www.fanfiction.net/list.php?categoryid=615

http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1330506

Feedback welcomed and appreciated.

--me

Mark Engels
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2003, 11:59:17 am »

Hey, with that amount of words, it's longer than my whole book! No fair! *sulks*

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2003, 07:41:41 pm »

I'm at chapter 12, about half-way through, as I type this.  And, for once, I'm doing a proper detailed review as I go.  I'll try to get back to you within a week or two.

Everyone-- if Hana Ni Arashi gets delayed further-- it's all his fault  ::)
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2003, 02:17:28 pm »

Okay.

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2003, 07:34:55 pm »

I'm at chapter 12, about half-way through, as I type this.  And, for once, I'm doing a proper detailed review as I go.  I'll try to get back to you within a week or two.

Everyone-- if Hana Ni Arashi gets delayed further-- it's all his fault  ::)

I'm flattered that an author of your caliber is taking time to review our work so thoroughly, Eric.  :)  Please take your time as I know your free time has been limited of late.  

And you're not fooling anyone.  If it hadn't been Ken and I distracting you you'd have found something else.  ;)  Everyone, I'M looking forward to seeing HnA finished as much as the rest of you (or maybe more, because I've read enough of Eric's work to know how talented a storyteller he is.)

--me

Mark Engels
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2003, 05:59:38 pm »

Here's a detailed review of Rough Justice.
http://echoalpha.com/fanfic/RoughJustice_review.txt

It's mostly the usual grammar/style "I'd write this part *this* way" nitpicks.  But there's some first-reading reactions to the story itself, and even some stream-of-consciousness stuff that bordered on MST3K commentary in places  

But, in short-- it's an excellent story.  Recommended.

Y'know, the next time I re-read "Earth," I'll have to look for an opening to write something in the "Earth" continuity myself.  (cue screams of terror from Canada)

"Hana Ni Arashi" parts 6 to 9 should be up by mid-June, if all goes well.  I'm working on part 9, as I type this.  HNA is structured to update in groups of 5-4-4-4-4-5 parts, like a 26-episode TV series on DVD.  And I hope it doesn't take me another five months to do parts 10 to 13...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines