Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:57:41 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  I thought I might as well share this strangeness..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I thought I might as well share this strangeness..  (Read 4978 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« on: April 27, 2003, 10:50:15 pm »

Last night, I happened to have this El-Hazard dream (among some others including a "The Far Side" live action TV show, but anyway ;p)...

Basically, in full brain-rendered animation, some plot unfolds where this child starts bothering Shayla about this or that while she's trying to do something priestly-duty like.  Eventually Shayla loses her nerve and tells the kid to scram.

Afura later confronts Shayla.  It turns out that Afura had hired the child as part of some sort of priestess checkup.  Basically it was something to the effect of Shayla obviously didn't show care for others like she's supposed to under some policy and therefore failed this checkup.

The punishment consisted of the young child running back and whacking Shayla in the head 4 times with a crowbar.  o_O;;  A distinctive pattern of twice on top and twice on the each side.  Then something was tied around her forehead and her now unconcious body was tossed into a nearby pool of water.

It ended around a point where Shayla regained conciousness at some point (luckily her body had floated) and she was now on some rage-induced Afura vengence bit, flying around like someone out of DBZ...

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
xcroc
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2003, 11:03:52 pm »

Heh! That is one crazy dream. A kid whacking Shayla in the head with a crowbar?

The things we dream of are often some crazy-ass stuff.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2003, 12:03:44 am »

That's great Rob. Real prime stuff. I'm proud of you. Beats out any of my anime dreams. Wouldn't happen to have been dubbed, would it?  ;D

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2003, 12:23:56 am »

The only El-Hazard dream that I remember having was where I was watching a live-action version of a scene from the first OVA, where Makoto finds Ifurita in her tomb on the Forbidden Island.

I wish I had had Skuld's dream-TV invention to record it.  I remember thinking that the special effects were very well-done, and that the actress playing Ifurita was incredibly beautiful.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2003, 01:17:42 am »

The only El-Hazard dream that I remember having was where I was watching a live-action version of a scene from the first OVA, where Makoto finds Ifurita in her tomb on the Forbidden Island.

I wish I had had Skuld's dream-TV invention to record it.  I remember thinking that the special effects were very well-done, and that the actress playing Ifurita was incredibly beautiful.

That's pretty nifty.  I remember once a very long time ago Neil had noted that Jim Carrey would make a perfect Jinnai.

Wouldn't happen to have been dubbed, would it?

It may not be your pleasure, but my mind operates in English only.  ;p  Although incidently the memory image of it is fuzzy, I think a lot of it had "assumed" dialog, where the characters didn't really have to "speak" but I "knew" they spoke... y'know, it's like, the brain's just goin' along, having fun making up stuff, but it's kind of redundant for it to "talk" when it already knows what it's going to say.  Dreams are funny that way.

It may also be related to how you can't read in dreams.  Although you may "read" in your dream, if you manage to capture any mental picture of it when you wake up, you'll know that what you were looking at by no means constituted language except for possibly (not even required) real characters.  However your brain already knows what it wants it to say, if it's important somehow, so sometimes you can "read" it.

The only time I think words actually form properly is if you have a burned image of it from something else.  For example, you could probably fully recognize the El-Hazard logo if it were featured.  Not because your brain assembled E-L-H-A-Z-A-R-D, but because the thing as a whole is burned in your memory.  So yeah.

Dreams are some weird things though.  I mean, your mind can literally take you to alternate realities.  o_O  I used to sometimes wonder if maybe that's what dreaming actually was, some ability to like momentarily shift your existence to somewhere else that only doesn't make sense because technically it's not your existence... well, that's just thinking about it too much, but hey.   ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2003, 01:24:09 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2003, 09:00:08 am »

You don't wanna know some of my El Hazard dreams.
In fact, I don't think you want to hear any of my dreams.
Seriously.

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2003, 10:12:28 am »

hum, the fact that you remember somehow the detail is pretty amazing....usually I have this very nice dream (such as having Ifurita as sister..;)), but when I wake up it's as good as gone.
So how do I know I had one, well, um, there's just this good feeling and I knew I had a good dream but unable to recall it...uh, very annoying
In other time when I managed to recall it, usually the dreams stopped there and sometime I tried to "return"
like Kaorin in azumanga daioh dream episode for those who knows it

Hope you're not one to believe dreams are signs for real life occurences...better watch out for your red head friends
xcroc
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2003, 07:02:48 pm »

I find that it's much easier to remember a dream permanently if you try to remember it IMMEDIATELY when you wake up. If you woke up during the dream, and try to consciously recall it without letting too much time pass first, you should be able to remember it fairly well.

Well, it usually works for me, anyway.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2003, 11:53:19 pm »

It may not be your pleasure, but my mind operates in English only.  ;p  Although incidently the memory image of it is fuzzy, I think a lot of it had "assumed" dialog, where the characters didn't really have to "speak" but I "knew" they spoke... y'know, it's like, the brain's just goin' along, having fun making up stuff, but it's kind of redundant for it to "talk" when it already knows what it's going to say.  Dreams are funny that way.

They say, when you're really learning a language, you dream in it. I remember having a dream in German in high school. I've had at least a couple dreams in Japanese too.

You know what's really funny too, is when your brain takes people you know, puts them in your dream and gives them a totally different look and voice. The dreaming mind is truly bizarre and fascinating!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2003, 01:49:15 pm »

I had a dream about Jinnai once, but I can't tell you about it.  :-X  :-[  :P

Actually, I've had quite a collection of EH dreams, some of them have actually been so good, or made enough sense, they inspired events in my RPG (which, BTW, has kind of lost it's backbone...)

And actually, to tell the truth, I had a dream about Rob, and a similiar one about Lar (both are good, clean, G-Rated dreams, thank you very much!  :P )

The dream about Lar was that I went to Wal-Mart for some rerason or another, but while I was there, a clerk told me that Lar had been to my house, but because in dreams you always move so slow, she had already left, and I was trying to get home to see her, but the car kept driving off without me...  :P

And Rob's dream, I was at the movies, and Rob was there. I wanted to go talk to him, but then I realized I wasn't wearing any makeup, and I got scared and ran to hide in the girls bathroom. I guess for me, going out into pubilc not wearing my makeup is like giving a lecture to a class in your underpants. Honestly, it's stupid, but I'd rather be pants-less. I guess it's my Number 1 fear... That and spiders. And sharks, and dark, closed spaces... aw forget it.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2003, 02:46:23 pm »

Well, at least I'm make-up worthy.

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2003, 07:05:12 am »

Why are the dreams with me in them so weird?

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2003, 12:24:59 pm »

Almost any psychologist would probably throw something together about the imagery of distance and seperation or something of that sort.

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2003, 06:23:24 am »

*blushes* yeah, probably.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines