Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:09:10 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  age
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: age  (Read 14139 times)
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2003, 10:28:16 am »

Well, this topic has been silent a week, but I figured I might as well post here anyway.

I'm 27, but I won't be for much longer. My birthday's on the 21st of June. The longest birthday of the year! ^_^V

As Rob pointed out towards the start of this topic, I got into El-Hazard in college, though it was already a few years old by then.

To this day, I still can't really figure out what drew me to it... the cover art was not particularly inspiring (anyone who wants to see what the VHS covers looked like back then, I'll be scanning and donating them to Rob, hopefully by next week ^_^), and the blurb describing it made it sound pretty generic ("High school students are transported to another dimension... gain strange new powers... save the day..." Gee, where have we heard that before?). Still, I picked up the first volume of OAV1, and was instantly hooked!

Actually, I'm kinda curious - how did all of you get interested in El-Hazard? Wait - don't answer here. I'll go make a topic for it in the "El-Hazard Online" forum. ^_^

The 1337 poster
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2003, 09:01:45 pm »

Well, this topic has been silent a week, but I figured I might as well post here anyway.

Hey, as long as it's not outright SPAM or online lovey dovey, it's all good!

I'm 27, but I won't be for much longer. My birthday's on the 21st of June. The longest birthday of the year! ^_^V

::high fives Spanner:: Me too man! But I don't get a year closer to my crystal turning red until September 29......... ::breaks down into hysterics::

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Adrain_Shepard
Londs' Screen Time

US Marines Corps Special Forces Unit

ICQ Messenger - 283272719 AOL Instant Messenger - AStrick576 Yahoo Instant Messenger - AdrainShephardHL
View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2003, 01:33:27 am »

I'm 19 and I'll be turning 20 next year of Febuary 17th.That's when the holiday of the president's day comes in.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 01:36:12 am by adrain_shepard » Logged

World of Warcraft:Server:Zul'Jin
Death Knight Human level 80 Kiyomitakada
Warrior Human level 80 Giselleandal
Rouge Human level 72 Suzukatwligh
moogle87
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2003, 11:40:04 pm »

... people here are from 13 to 33... i'm 15, got a long way to go...

haha...*old farts*

Agh! please don't hurt me!! not in the face!!
*runs away*
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2003, 02:18:28 am »

I'm 19 and I'll be turning 20 next year of Febuary 17th.That's when the holiday of the president's day comes in.

Hey. That's one day before mine. Neat.  ;D

Off by a few years, though.

16 and nocturnal, here.

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
theravenisdead
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2003, 09:32:56 am »

I'm 20 years old, n I wish i could stay this age for a loooong while ^_^

(February 18th, 1983)
*looks up at Xel's post* Feb 18 too?  Small world  8)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2003, 09:35:23 am by theravenisdead » Logged
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2003, 09:40:28 am »

Slightly older than me, eh?  I personally wouldn't mind becoming 21... then I'm fully legalized to do everything.  And I swear my life sometimes gives me the desire to drink, though I can't legally fulfill that.  (No, that's not a good idea, but you'd like to think you could instead of being told you can't.)

Anyway, this next May 20th, I will finally be free of any legalities regarding age (good ol' 21), and that'll be fine with me.

I dunno if I want to get any older after that though.  ;)  I already feel pretty old and that's not helping.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
theravenisdead
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2003, 09:51:49 am »

The drinking age is 19 here  ;D
18 in quebec  :o
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2003, 10:09:47 am »

Well...here I think it's five...no kidding! You are allowed to have a small glass of wine, or something from five on wards, but only at home, and when you're 16, you can go to pubs!

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2003, 06:58:57 pm »

Slightly older than me, eh?  I personally wouldn't mind becoming 21... then I'm fully legalized to do everything.  And I swear my life sometimes gives me the desire to drink, though I can't legally fulfill that.  (No, that's not a good idea, but you'd like to think you could instead of being told you can't.)

Anyway, this next May 20th, I will finally be free of any legalities regarding age (good ol' 21), and that'll be fine with me.

I dunno if I want to get any older after that though.  ;)  I already feel pretty old and that's not helping.

Really? For some reason, I thought you were a little older, like 22 or something. I guess I get all of us 20-somethings here mixed up. I too wish I could halt the remorseless progression of time. Unfortunately, it's impossible. Unless you're vampire. Hey wait a minute, actually...........

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2003, 07:28:01 pm »

The drinking age is 19 here  ;D
18 in quebec  :o

Fujisawa: "You are not allowed to drink, you're under age!"

Shayla: "What if we pretend we live in Quebec?"

Fujisawa: "... okay."

EDIT: *fixes image since this was bumped*
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 03:24:15 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

xxdemongodifuritaxx
Demon God(ess)

I will do anything to make my Master happy

AOL Instant Messenger - KowaiNoNeko Yahoo Instant Messenger - xxdemongodxx
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2004, 03:03:56 pm »

I'm 22 and I turned it on the 22nd of June. hehe, I had fun going around telling people, I turn 22 on 22! lol. I'm a bit hyper for my age and I get mistaken for anywhere from 16-18 and even had a half an hour argument with some 15 year old because he just would not believe me when I told him I was 22. I showed him my id and he was all staring at it saying, "that's not you" *shrugs* ah well, I really don't mind, it will help out when I get older and if I am single to hook me a younger guy. J/K!! lol, hehe, I like to be silly

Punish me Master! I've been a bad demon god. ^^
Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

AOL Instant Messenger - holyknightwayne
View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2004, 07:40:01 pm »

Ha ha, same here. I turned 22 on July 22nd of this year. *chuckles*

It's interesting how many members posted here that aren't around any longer. Wonder what happened; I highly doubt EHOL would've had a bad string of forum melodrama that always seems to hit the other forums I attend, especially since the average member age is older than most.

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2004, 08:38:59 pm »

Actually, given the average age of members, I'd say that people here just ... had lives to attend to.  Marriages even perhaps.  Wife didn't want their husband hanging around a forum.   ^^;  Dunno.  This place isn't an incredibly upbeat engaging type of zone, unfortunately.  But what can I do?

Helio Perroni Filho
Bugrom Forces

It is the dream of those who remember.

ICQ Messenger - 2490863
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2004, 08:15:33 pm »

But still, El-Hazard remains something I cling to to give me hope.

Ah, so I am not the only one. ;)

The single thing I love the most in El-Hazard first OAV is that, in the very end, it is not about saving the world. It is about a boy who loves his girl so much, he won't stop at nothing until he can get back to her. He doesn't care about what others think; it makes no difference to him whether she's even human. He will face the biggest odds... and win. The sheer power of his feeling will keep him going, "even across the breath of a thousand million nights", to the day they will meet again.

I am, I have been since the earliest I remember, one of those few who believe in love, and treasure it as life's single most important thing. It was a somewhat unconscious understanding, however, until I got to the end of El-Hazard. It was like waking up, remembering a truth long forgotten... suddenly I knew what was worth striving for.

It is no coincidence that just now, when I still strive to get over the end of my 5-year long relationship with a girl I had every intention of marrying, I turn back to the Eternal Homeland. I look back at that boy's faith in his feelings, I see how wonderful is the completeness he and his girl found in each other... and it comforts me a great deal. I do not demand something that perfect; I just want my own little share of love, imperfect as it may be, but special in its own way. Like the star pendant I wear, which remembers me of that other little star -- the star of Hope, always sparkling in my chest, lighting my way through yet another night.

By the way, I just turned 25 today. From 1979.10.14 to 2004.10.14 and counting on. :P

"If nothing is done, nothing will change. (...) Your world... I do not accept this world. To it, I must say... no."

-- Zorndyke
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines