Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:07:27 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  age
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: age  (Read 14146 times)
washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email

usually this topic is existent in every forum, I tried using search with age as keyword. No result so here we go:

I'm curious, what is the age distribution in this forum. Well then, I'll start.

My friends sometime see me as childish and imaginative due to the "anime world" I live in. I try to explain to them anime is NOT equal cartoon that's often related with comic relief, simplicity, and kids enterntainment.

I'm as good as 21 and trying to finish my research report. I'm majoring in chemical engineering.

I think, my main magnet to some animes is that they provide some sort of utopia where things seem so profound.
Ifurita's case for example, for one to remain cheerful, full of charity, and kind despite being subjected to different harsh treatment, comment, judgement, etc etc is almost non existent in real life.
also in OAV Ifurita, such sense of self sacrifice, kindness, and faithfulness are those of gold values.
I'd like to adapt such personality (easier said than done though >_<  )

« Last Edit: April 26, 2003, 06:49:24 pm by washuchan » Logged
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2003, 04:43:50 pm »

I think, my main magnet to some animes is that they provide some sort of utopia where things seem so profound.
Ifurita's case for example, for one to remain cheerful, full of charity, and kind despite being subjected to different harsh treatment, comment, judgement, etc etc is almost non existent in real life. I'd like to adapt such personality (easier said than done though >_<  )

There is truth in that.  I've come to like El-Hazard in particular for reasons sort of in the same zone.   Mostly because when I first got into it, my entire life was rather in ruins and I didn't feel much like living in this world anymore... then through the glory of some silly music video, it made me shell out for the El-Hazard OAV.  I had known nothing about it before that moment, not one thing, except that the "Jinnai" of "Jinnai and the Bugrom - Live!" was appealing somehow.

(This following applies more to the OAV than the Wanderers.)  El-Hazard mainly caught on to me via the story of having a life treading towards aboslute chaos (Makoto was about to be killed by Jinnai, who was about to be evicted from his power position.  Fujisawa could've been fired upon catching him publicly drunk.  Etc.)  
And then suddenly these lives are thrown into another world where the previous life didn't matter, and then through personal developments and talents, they ultimately become heroes.

Oddly enough, I sometimes feel like I keep on living strictly so that I may live to actually get to this "other world", where suddenly I do matter for what's good about me.  As opposed to my current status that mostly uses me only for my low-levels.  (I.E.  Physical work and such.)  
Granted college is finally pulling me from these depths, giving me a friend, a college professor who's interested in me and almost seems to sap optimism off my performance, etc.  But still, El-Hazard remains something I cling to to give me hope.

Oh, and to answer the original question, I'll be 20 this May 20th.  "20 May 20" is the big event for me this year.  :P

And for the record, most who've come through here are usually ranged 20 or higher, oldest I think is about 31!  However, keep in mind that El-Hazard was out in 1995, so most any college student who clung to it back then would be about that old now.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2003, 04:44:55 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2003, 05:37:49 pm »

I will be 18 by the time Summer is almost up.  (August 14, 1985)

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2003, 02:14:29 pm »

I'm thirteen tomorrow! Go me!

*the next day, Lar finds herself all alone in a dark room with only a small cupcake with a candle on top singing happy birthday to herself in a very quiet voice*

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2003, 04:01:57 pm »

I'm 22... will be 23 in October. Yay me...

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2003, 12:45:08 am »

I'll be 28 in September! ::cries::

Anime also helped me through some dark times. I was already into it beforehand. But when my world was crumbling, it helped me keep my head above water. It was all I had to turn to. Anime represents so much for me: entertainment, escapism, education, cultural enrichment and so much more.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
pixiegirl
Demon God(ess)

BAAAAAAAA!

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2003, 05:11:50 am »

I am probably the youngest here,i'll be 13 in January!  :P

If at first you don't succeed redifine success.

If at first you do succeed try to hide you're astonishment!

Iv'e not failed  iv'e just tried 10,000 ways that don't work.

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2003, 08:56:23 am »

Yeah, I'm thirteen now. ;D

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2003, 07:27:54 pm »

I'm 33 years old.  Although, just a few days ago, a young woman I'd just met said that she'd thought I was ten years older  
pixiegirl
Demon God(ess)

BAAAAAAAA!

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2003, 01:12:48 pm »

Is that a complement??

Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2003, 01:49:03 pm »

Is that a complement??

9_9 not usually no...

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2003, 01:51:16 pm »

She doesn't understand basic human emotion, nor the difference between compliments and insults.   ;)

Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2003, 05:46:41 pm »

She doesn't understand basic human emotion, nor the difference between compliments and insults.   ;)

Of course... it doesn't work well in the other direction either. About 4 days ago this one lady told me I looked like I was 12 O_O;

I'm 22 O_O; and... I REALLY don't think I look THAT young... 15-16 is the LOWEST I'd go. And I was even wearing my hair back which makes me look older O_O;

Now... my old roommate ^_^ she IS very small in stature and people REALLY DO think she's 12... she's 20. ^_^; I think is really does bother her when people tell her she looks like she's 12... she gets it a lot...

When that lady told me I looked like I was 12 I thought... "My God, if you saw my old roommate, you'd think she was 6 then!"

Oh well... :p
« Last Edit: April 29, 2003, 05:47:17 pm by ifurita » Logged

Netto:
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2003, 10:56:34 pm »

Of course... it doesn't work well in the other direction either. About 4 days ago this one lady told me I looked like I was 12 O_O;

I'm 22 O_O; and... I REALLY don't think I look THAT young... 15-16 is the LOWEST I'd go. And I was even wearing my hair back which makes me look older O_O;

Now... my old roommate ^_^ she IS very small in stature and people REALLY DO think she's 12... she's 20. ^_^; I think is really does bother her when people tell her she looks like she's 12... she gets it a lot...

When that lady told me I looked like I was 12 I thought... "My God, if you saw my old roommate, you'd think she was 6 then!"

Oh well... :p

When I was 18 and worked at Tower Records, everyone thought I was like 25. Except for this one girl who thought I was 15. -_________-;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
pixiegirl
Demon God(ess)

BAAAAAAAA!

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2003, 02:13:20 pm »

Sometimes people think im abit older only about a year...and thanks for that lovely comment Lar! ;)

(please note sarcasm)!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2003, 02:14:03 pm by pixiegirl » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines