Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:29:28 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  ending angst
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ending angst  (Read 4671 times)
washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« on: April 24, 2003, 12:15:14 am »

hi I'm new, and i've had this angst for too long...
-what do you think happens in El Hazard OAV 2 ending?
Is Ifurita spending eternity in loneliness & agony? :-[ From a discussion in AIC a member mentioned that she's just cherishing her memories with Yuba forever. :-/
I personally care for the character so much that I believe Yuba basically merge into her memory/heart when he saved her. When she's in agony, she'll just have to look into her heart and he's there. They spend eternity together.
Therefore she is NOT lonely at all as shown by a little smile in the end. :)
What do you think???
*edit: adding NOT...*

-Also what happen with Ifurita in the end of the Saturn games?  :-/
The screenshots show what I perceived as horrible ending for her, but hopefully that's not true
She's such a full of "charity" and kind character in Wanderers that I always want to write a fics about her but I always end up thinking it's out of character...oh well
« Last Edit: April 27, 2003, 12:09:41 pm by washuchan » Logged
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 01:04:23 pm »

Is Ifurita spending eternity in loneliness & agony? :-[ From a discussion in AIC a member mentioned that she's just cherishing her memories with Yuba forever. :-/
I personally care for the character so much that I believe Yuba basically merge into her memory/heart when he saved her. Therefore she is lonely at all as shown by a little smile in the end. :)
What do you think???

To be honest, I never thought about it that much.  It is rough knowing that her body is built out of the technology much like the other Ifurita, and therefore is likely to last a very long time after Yuba.  It's hard to say... but if there's any human basis in her heart (and we've all generally learned there is in an Ifurita), he will very likely fade into a fond memory once she gets over the grief.  At least he died in a manner of giving up his life for her... so maybe in essence he IS forever a part of her heart.

[Okay, enough mushy stuff outta me for one day ;)]

-Also what happen with Ifurita in the end of the Saturn games?  :-/
The screenshots show what I perceived as horrible ending for her, but hopefully that's not true
She's such a full of "charity" and kind character in Wanderers that I always want to write a fics about her but I always end up thinking it's out of character...oh well

First, let me ask, where'd you see screenshots of the Saturn game around the Ifurita ending?  I'm curious.

Of course, since me and my brother know this game like the back of our hands since we did the Saturn -> Windows PC port... the ending of Ifurita goes like this

** SPOILER **

Ifurita gets everyone off the Eye of God except for Makoto, who stays behind to try to stop the device.  In his attempts, the Eye of God seems to refuse repeatledy... but then suddenly in a brilliant flash of light, Makoto finds himself on the ground!

Laying next to him is Ifurita...

She's okay, folks.

Well, we don't get to go home to Earth, but hey, Makoto now has Ifurita to take care of.

And she's just plain happy about it.

On my PC version, it's described as Ifurita is glad to be with Makoto, who is the only hope of her systems being debugged after 20,000 years (Saturn provided number.)  Quasi-romantic at best, but still quasi-heart warming or something.  o_O

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2003, 04:53:58 pm »

um, if you see the El hazard for sega saturn on this page (which I thank the webmaster so much), under "The Eye of God, and Ishiel of the Phantom Tribe (11/17/02)", there's a page where Ifurita got hit by an explosion which seems to come from the priestesses.

but thanks to you :D :D :D, now I see the true ending and beginning to get high angst to actually play the game. You got all the screenshots from the PC version???
So Ifurita saved Makoto?!?! awwwww.....
and um, in this version he then lives with her?? I don't understand, I was under the impression the ending would be like the wanderers; Makoto goes with princess Rune. um, could you explain..please???
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2003, 05:16:05 pm »

Here's a good way of putting it...

The game has multiple endings...

Three endings he returns home...
Three endings he stays at El-Hazard...
Three endings where the Bugrom take over Roshtaria.

This is just one way the story could end.

There are plenty of ways to get the other endings.  How?
- Did you make Rune happy or just mad?
- Are you nice to Ifurita?
- Have you done anything to try changing the story in a drastic way?

Remember that the game is not written in stone; it's quite the opposite. Makoto is in control of the world, so you have to do something for Ifurita to make her happy...
Don't worry, that isn't the only ending with Ifurita...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2003, 05:16:40 pm by thegameguy » Logged

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
kiri_kitty_kitt
Londs' Screen Time

Alielle~! *Glomp* *_*

AOL Instant Messenger - Lemonkitt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2003, 05:32:17 pm »

Hmm...I don't think she's in turmoil forever. After all, Yuba was glad to have been with her.

Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all, y'know?

Cha~!
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2003, 03:38:51 pm »

I personally care for the character so much that I believe Yuba basically merge into her memory/heart when he saved her. Therefore she is lonely at all as shown by a little smile in the end. :)
What do you think???

http://www.mts.net/~kenwolfe/fanfic.html

"Yuba's Ifurita" actually has been featured in some EH fan fiction if you care to read it.  In Ken Wolfe's "Earth" series, she has several small but important roles to play.  Give it a read and you'll see what I'm talking about.  I think she's learning to cope just fine.

The inevitable question being asked about how one would keep the two of them straight is answered in hysterical fashion.  ;)

http://www.csus.edu/indiv/s/seifertv/toth/other.htm

Another story that deals with just what Ifuritas must endure after their dearly beloveds have shuffled off this mortal coil is Vincent Seifert's excellent "The Tale of the Jinniyah and the King."  While this pertains to an Ifurita other than Yuba's, I suspect she may well have had a similar experience.

--me

Mark Engels

mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2003, 03:39:58 pm »

Hmm...I don't think she's in turmoil forever. After all, Yuba was glad to have been with her.

Roger that!

--me

Mark Engels
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2003, 01:19:59 am »

This is an interesting topic that hasn't really come up before in my messageboard travels: how does Ifurita deal with watching those around her die off of old age? The dilemna of all immortals.

What do you think???

That is what I suspected as well. It's what she wanted, after all.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2003, 12:19:46 pm »

err...umm, guess that's a relative statement, Kenshin AMV with megadeth soundtrack has a really nice coverage on that topic in the middle of the video

"Yuba's Ifurita" actually has been featured in some EH fan fiction if you care to read it.  In Ken Wolfe's "Earth" series, she has several small but important roles to play.  Give it a read and you'll see what I'm talking about.  I think she's learning to cope just fine.

hmm, I try to skim all chapters & do search with Yuba, Kalia etc, but the only thing I found was like Yuba's Ifurita might share things with Makoto Ifurita etc etc
and in the end it's like Makoto become "mecha"  as well?!?!

I basically don't really like the 2nd OAV, not only it puts another Ifurita character in sorrow, but it shows Ifurita like a mass produced thing with no single unique entity. Also the animation and detailing is poor.....oh well, nuff said
(heh hehe I guess I'm one of those silly people who can get depressed by anime; bebop & grave of fireflies etc)

« Last Edit: April 27, 2003, 12:24:26 pm by washuchan » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines