Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:44:27 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  No flash... (Rob: But El-Hazard Fighter is funny)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: No flash... (Rob: But El-Hazard Fighter is funny)  (Read 6158 times)
Fujisawa4654
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« on: October 18, 2002, 11:08:16 am »

The people who i was talking about, my friends, they have never heard of el-hazard. I showed them this site but no go, it's not enough "info" as they say. I told them how much stuff is in it and they decided to just give up. The 4 series were great, but it's also why they gave up  :( ... So i don't know if i should start a story or not.

I was THINKING of making a vote on making a stoey or not. But there is none soooooo. (something to put in the thing Rob ;)

Rob: It'd be nice if there were such a thing as "topic split" ;p  Well if this silly idea gets on the road for some reason, then it could be taken more seriously... (scroll down a bit past some of these jargon posts)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2002, 12:42:33 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

AOL Instant Messenger - Neil+Lafrenais
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2002, 11:31:42 am »

I have to admit, we don't have much in terms of introductories to the series of El-Hazard. We tend to work on the assumption that the readers have seen at least some of the OAV or TV series.

Have you actually shown your friends some El-Hazard?

Maximum boobage!!
Fujisawa4654
Demon God(ess)

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2002, 05:50:45 pm »

My friends are in the east coast...

Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2002, 06:38:54 pm »

Assuming then you mean "net friends", to be precise, and you're in the "west coast", I'm assuming USA coast-talk.  :P

... WHERE in the East coast, do you know?  I'm hanging on the edge of it over here

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Fujisawa4654
Demon God(ess)

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2002, 06:53:27 pm »

Maryland, i most of the time talk to them on the internet. And i said that it would be basic right? ucz they can only do basic stuff. They can't make a fighting game like i had in mind  :(

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2002, 12:47:39 am »

Meh, Maryland.  Too far south.

They can't make a fighting game like i had in mind

Sad truth is, I had such a thing in mind too... fighting games never make sense, but I just think there'd be something funny about having one ;p

SHAYLA VERSUS NANAMI!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2002, 12:48:10 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

hedgesmfg
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2002, 09:27:48 pm »

An El-Hazard Fighting game....you should look into that Rob...A fighter engine is hardly beyond your programming abilities (at least from what I've seen so far)

The hardest part would just be animating it and thinking up the moves for some characters of course :P
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2002, 12:40:18 am »

Well, if I were to go down such a route, Fujisawa is an all-in-one for this purpose ... Ifurita would make for DBZ-fighter goodness style anyway (energy and MW2 style physical whacking) ... I guess the Wanderers Ifurita would make for clumsy energy misfires (powerful but uncontrollable as it were) ... Nanami could use some cookware among her already agile body that I'm sure could do high-kicks ;p

Priestesses are fairly given...

You could have Jinnai riding on Groucho to get the best of both worlds.

Animation could just be based on any of the fighter titles produced in the past on the SNES+ platform ;p

Fujisawa4654
Demon God(ess)

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2002, 01:09:59 pm »

[td]El-Hazard Fighting Flash game fighting flash game... Here's what i have in mind[/td]

for the 1st version, There should be 4 characters. I'm thinking Fujisawa, Jinnai, Makoto, and... someone else... Ok maybe just 3 to start out with.

Each caracter needs to have 1 special attack. As in Fujisawa's ability is to get more strength. Or maybe it can be smoking to get more focused I dunno. Makoto's could be his sword, Jinnai's would be the bugrom gun (is that in any El-Hazzard Episode  ??? ...

There are 2 ways we can animate it.
1. We can do the SNES style.
2. Make it 3dish, it is possible, and it would be easier, if you knew how to do it. 'Cuz i sure don't  >:(

Also for the arenas, i'm not sure if they can be interactive, but hey it would be nice to see fujisawa throwing Jinnai into a pole :D

That's all i have in mind for now.

[edit]I just gave this more thought. I'd kinda like this to be basic aswell. 4 commands... dodge, fast attack, power attack, and special attack. Special attack can be activated IF the powerbar is at maximum. Which you gain by hitting the enemy.[/edit]
« Last Edit: October 20, 2002, 01:21:58 pm by fujisawa4654 » Logged

draco
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2002, 03:40:44 am »

Have you heard about the M.U.G.E.N. fighting game engine? If not, then check http://www.elecbyte.com/ (the creators) and http://mugenguild.cjb.net/ (one of the best M.U.G.E.N. sites around). It would be pretty easy creating an El-Hazard game using M.U.G.E.N. (well, at least easier than making a brand new game).
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2002, 12:41:26 pm »

I have known of M.U.G.E.N, but only lightly experimented with it.  I managed to teach myself C language over the years, I could probably learn to understand their script language, but I guess I never bothered to really get into it :P

It would most definately make it easier, although I myself tend to like having more or less total control over a project ;)  But MUGEN is good.  If someone happened to know how to use it around here, that'd be even better...

kiddo
Bugrom Forces

Hentai man.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2002, 04:39:38 pm »

There's also an engine called KOF91 (www.kof91.com) which isn't quite as advanced as MUGEN but still nice nonetheless. :O

Join the THNH Today! Defeat the Admin Power Abuse Clan!

Put this in your sidepic/avatar
----------------------------------
What's so wrong with Miz, anyway? I happen t
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2003, 04:50:47 pm »

There have been rumors circulating of a Capcom vs. AIC fighting game in the works for quite some time. And seeing as how Capcom already has licenses with SNK and Marvel, and AIC is one of the most popular and respected anime studios in Japan, it's easy to see it as a reality. And I hope it becomes one, some day. I want to play as Ifurita in a fighting game!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2003, 04:52:07 pm »

If such a rumor were true, then it'd be crazy enough to happen.  But it's hard to say...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines