Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:04:03 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Ooh, really old news update found...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ooh, really old news update found...  (Read 5010 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« on: April 21, 2003, 10:45:14 pm »

http://www.el-hazardonline.net/El-Hazard/site/updates.htm

This was laying around for some reason.  The current news script just "forgets" after about 20 posts or so.  This file predates the news script though... so that explains how it's retained.  It doesn't explain why it's there.  Anyway, now we know exactly when to have an anniversary... (Neil's post, May 28th!)

Speaking of old stuff, does anyone remember when the page looked like this? ;)  Save for me, Neil, my brother, and my sister... I'll bet not.  I think most of them filtered off.
Errr... and take my old articles that still work on the old page with a grain of salt; they were quite the EH newbieisms.    :-[  (Why some stuff never gets deleted... nobody knows...)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2003, 10:47:30 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 07:25:15 am »

Huzzah!  

The site's birthday is on a Wedensday!

...Is that good?

Still, I can't believe how many hits it generated over the first year of being online.  Things certainly have changed on this webpage...

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2003, 09:56:48 am »

It's only a year old?  :o

looking at the link, this place definately has changed alot. And I have to admit, I like it alot better now. If I'd seen the original one, I probably wouldn't have registered into the forum, no offence.

Well, Happy Birthday when it comes!

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2003, 10:23:51 am »

I probably wouldn't have registered into the forum, no offence.

No offence taken, as there wasn't any forum or general site registration to speak of yet! ;)

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2003, 11:55:54 am »

There wasn't? How olds the forum anyway?

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2003, 12:11:58 pm »

Lar - "How olds the forum anyway?"

The forums were around for at least mid-October (about the 15th-20th).

That means they are about... four months younger than the website itself.

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2003, 12:13:14 pm »

It was created apparently about October 13th 2002, as noted by the timestamp of my initial posting that still exists on page 3.  Via the link above, you know exactly what I was talking about:

There was proper hesitation on setting one up here because its easy to make a forum but hard to make a draw to it.  In the beginning, I'm sure it would've look outright silly.  We had a few links to sections, most of which didn't exist at all, on a very plain site that consisted mostly of black and a faded yellow color.

Before that, registrants were asked if a forum should be put into place. Note Question 4 of the Registration Forum, which used to be the one that asked about it.  I think the choices are actually unchanged from back then.  Since most of the registrants said at least "maybe" (a good deal were solid yes), I figured I'd give it a go.  

Since the default answer on the reg sheet was NO, it was easy to make sure that anyone who seriously wanted one would answer thusly.  And it seems that 14 out of 18 registrations (and this number does NOT count me and Neil mind you),  said they'd at least like to see one created, perhaps for their own usage (a few were "demanding" it, as per the reg sheet )

I know Neil's never been fond of it and still isn't AFAIK... but I on the other hand actually like the idea of being able to communicate with other El-Hazard fans on a personal level besides email.  And making it publically viewable like this (except for conditions that warrant privacy, naturally) helps encourage others to talk.  That is the essence of a "community", as opposed to just being a dry informational site.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2003, 12:17:35 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

kiri_kitty_kitt
Londs' Screen Time

Alielle~! *Glomp* *_*

AOL Instant Messenger - Lemonkitt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2003, 08:12:52 pm »

I like it. Much cleaner. But the current one is the better of the two.

I like the forum... Sharing opinions and debating tends to keep intrest in the fandom even after the show is over. So even though it's done, it's not...

Cha~!
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2003, 06:03:03 am »

I belong to several forums now, and this is the only one I go on everyday.
It works out something like this:-
EHOL- Everyday if possible
OBfiles- Once a month
Little washu's cute homepage- I've been there twice since I joined a week after EHOL

See, this ones my fave. Because I know people here better, and I have a closer connection with the members of this board than in either of the other two.
So there you go.  

panicpaladin
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2003, 02:23:20 pm »

The current one is perfect, except the Antialiasing in the current title continues to bug me. Reminds me of the old *site that Rob does not want to be reminded of anymore* :x *shot by Rob*
« Last Edit: April 23, 2003, 02:35:52 pm by thegameguy » Logged
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2003, 07:23:53 pm »

Heh.  It's only cause the logo has been on so many different versions of pages.  (Probably quite a few that didn't make public release.)  So it was good for some, not for others, but no matter what will be a bit annoying to clean off.  ;p

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines