Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:12:35 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  *Spoilers for EH2* Kalia...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: *Spoilers for EH2* Kalia...  (Read 5228 times)
kiri_kitty_kitt
Londs' Screen Time

Alielle~! *Glomp* *_*

AOL Instant Messenger - Lemonkitt
View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 12, 2003, 12:46:41 am »

*Sigh*

Poor Kalia. Yes, she would have destroyed everything. But still, when Makoto see's her true form... I cried when She died. Even if She was a monster, insided her soul she was a sad and lonely girl.

Saving one person versus saving the universe...It's selfish to save the one person, go with the universe. But that doesn't make it any easier.

Destroying one persons happiness for revenge  :'(

Mrrr   :'(. Yeah, I know I look into things too much.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go get another tissue

Cha~!
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2003, 01:01:47 am »

Wow, interesting... you're at least the second one who cried for Kalia.  ;)

About halfway down this post, one named Saucer said the same

Now... I could be wrong, but as far as I could tell, Kalia was just faking the lonely little girl thing because she knew that was what Makoto was looking for and would fall for it.  And it obviously worked; while Makoto went down to the little girl, Kalia came out with her blade drawn prepared to slaughter him.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
kiri_kitty_kitt
Londs' Screen Time

Alielle~! *Glomp* *_*

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2003, 01:57:18 am »

Wow, interesting... you're at least the second one who cried for Kalia.  ;)

About halfway down this post, one named Saucer said the same

Now... I could be wrong, but as far as I could tell, Kalia was just faking the lonely little girl thing because she knew that was what Makoto was looking for and would fall for it.  And it obviously worked; while Makoto went down to the little girl, Kalia came out with her blade drawn prepared to slaughter him.

Ah, I doubt it. Since um...The other Ifurita said her soul hesitated for a moment.

*Shrug* All open to interpreptation.

And I like yours to XD. Squee~! If so, Kalia is dee cunningest-est to the end. *Cue fangirl worship*

... I don't stay sad for long XD.

Cha~!
Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

AOL Instant Messenger - Neil+Lafrenais
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2003, 03:58:10 am »

No, I'd say it's proven that it was an illusion, because as soon as Makto tried to get close to her, she used it to her advantage. I doubt there are many other ways one could read it.

The thing you have to remember is that these Demon Gods are built, and not taken from their past lives and converted (as the lying manga would have you believe ;D). I think Ifurita (Makoto's and Yuba's) and Kalia were programmed differently. Ifurita could easily been programmed like a real girl, but then programmed with all that demon stuff and the obdience circuit set in.

It's said in Episode 3 or 4 that Kalia was made for revenge, and this is what I think the people made her out of (as well as robot parts, obviously ;D). Her personality is one that encompasses all of the malice and hatred of the entire town. This makes her almost 100% evil, and very cunning.

To be honest, in mind, Kalia is the only really evil character in the whole of El-Hazard (haven't seen all of AW, so I can't say much for anyone there). I could identify more with Galus than I could with Kalia. He, at least, had some reasoning for his big bad evil (we've all done the 'avenge our family' thing ;D). And, of course, we have Jinnai, who we all love.

So, yeah, my opinions on Kalia.

PS: I don't recall the Ifurita "hesitating" part. I'll have to rewatch OAV2 sometime today.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2003, 04:03:04 am by neil_lafrenais » Logged

Maximum boobage!!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2003, 12:41:49 pm »

haven't seen all of AW, so I can't say much for anyone there).

Neh, not really, unless you count Allujah, although everyone is still in hiatus in actually declaring what Allujah is.

Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2003, 06:04:39 pm »

Neh, not really, unless you count Allujah, although everyone is still in hiatus in actually declaring what Allujah is.

Allujah... I guess was pretty EVIL. He was at least power mad... and eccentric... heh eccentric guess that's why I found him amusing...

Kalia was DEFINATELY evil. She was just damn scary. I KNEW there was NO reasoning with her after she made that God awful face at dinner rigtht after she hit Miz... O_O; Very Dilandu in nature (for those of you who have seen any of Escaflowne you know what I mean) Talk about scary shit... That was it for me...

She was really hate filled and I agree with what Neil said... so I won't repeat it.

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2003, 08:02:55 pm »

LOL! Well, I didn't actually cry when Kalia died. That was a bit of randomness/humor to see if anybody actually thought anything else about Kalia besides "She's psycho and now she's dead!" I still think she's cute, dark skin, white hair ......... Notice how all the Demon Gods (the female ones at least) are cute and exotic?

I do seriously believe, also, that Kalia was faking it to draw Makoto tighter into her web. That was actually quite disappointing for me. Here I was hoping she would have been a "slave to fate" (so to speak) like my Iffy. ^_^

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
kiri_kitty_kitt
Londs' Screen Time

Alielle~! *Glomp* *_*

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2003, 08:52:18 pm »

I still think she's cute, dark skin, white hair ......... Notice how all the Demon Gods (the female ones at least) are cute and exotic?

I do seriously believe, also, that Kalia was faking it to draw Makoto tighter into her web. That was actually quite disappointing for me. Here I was hoping she would have been a "slave to fate" (so to speak) like my Iffy. ^_^

Yeah. Kalia was cool :/.  Why does EH2 Have to be so short :P?

And as for the 'cute and exotic part' - X3 Too bad Kalia dislikes to be touched.

Cha~!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2003, 09:08:22 pm »

Why does EH2 Have to be so short ?

I can only cite speculation on that note, using such common reasonings as "low funding" and other things.  But overall, EH2 wasn't done under any of the same terms that the original was, so the shortness if probably a collective side effect of that.
Given the depth I think they were trying to reach, they probably needed at least the space the original OAV got.

Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2003, 08:29:00 am »

I can only cite speculation on that note, using such common reasonings as "low funding" and other things.  But overall, EH2 wasn't done under any of the same terms that the original was, so the shortness if probably a collective side effect of that.
Given the depth I think they were trying to reach, they probably needed at least the space the original OAV got.

I don't know... I mean... yeah it was short... might have been nice if it were a little longer, however, too much longer and it would have just gotten stupid. The pacing was pretty fast... but I don't know how much longer they could have stretched that out without risking it becoming, well dumb.

There were a few things that I wish they had gone into a bit more, but they did a fairly good job of explaining things. (Some of those images such as the angry townspeople that built Kalia speak for themselves... I think no other explanation was REALLY necessary).

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
panicpaladin
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2003, 03:50:09 pm »

Allujah... I guess was pretty EVIL. He was at least power mad... and eccentric... heh eccentric guess that's why I found him amusing...

Kalia was DEFINATELY evil. She was just damn scary. I KNEW there was NO reasoning with her after she made that God awful face at dinner rigtht after she hit Miz... O_O; Very Dilandu in nature (for those of you who have seen any of Escaflowne you know what I mean) Talk about scary shit... That was it for me...

She was really hate filled and I agree with what Neil said... so I won't repeat it.

Allujah was one of the most adorable villians ever... That blobby-face... That Power-Freak attitude... That sheer evilness in his blank circle eyes... He'd make the perfect RPG villian :D *killed*
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2003, 04:55:27 pm »

Yeah. Kalia was cool :/.  Why does EH2 Have to be so short :P?

I believe that shorter is better in the case of OVA 2. Since it is a side-story. And some of the elements of the story, though well explained, could be stretched a little too thin. "Hey, did ya know there are more than one Ifurita?" I mean, I'm not necessarily complaining. But some people find this to kinda cramp the first OVA's style. ^^;

And as for the 'cute and exotic part' - X3 Too bad Kalia dislikes to be touched.

Umm... yeah. ^^;;;;;;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2003, 06:35:32 pm »

Yes I would agree Dilandau had issues.  Believe it or not I found myself feeling sorry for Nakago from Fushigi Yugi before he got what was coming him.

But with respect to Kalia, what I find interesting is just how she might have become the way she was.  While I respect the opinion of the previous poster who offered that Demon-Gods/Triggers of Destruction are not "born" but "made," I find the notion of the DGs and ToD being cyborgs to be more interesting from a character development (devolvement?) perspective.

To wit, a Kalia fict I really enjoyed was written by my friend Ken Wolfe.  Link below for those interested in reading it.  Worth your time, definitely.  Offers Yon Maddlesome Reader a chance to see that Kalia's becoming so warped took time.  And pain.  Lots of pain.

Look for "Prime Candidate" in the El Hazard section at:

http://www.mts.net/~kenwolfe/fanfic.html

Good angsty stuff, I thought.  Enjoy friends.

--me

Mark Engels

kiri_kitty_kitt
Londs' Screen Time

Alielle~! *Glomp* *_*

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2003, 08:08:29 pm »

Yes I would agree Dilandau had issues.  Believe it or not I found myself feeling sorry for Nakago from Fushigi Yugi before he got what was coming him.

But with respect to Kalia, what I find interesting is just how she might have become the way she was.  While I respect the opinion of the previous poster who offered that Demon-Gods/Triggers of Destruction are not "born" but "made," I find the notion of the DGs and ToD being cyborgs to be more interesting from a character development (devolvement?) perspective.

To wit, a Kalia fict I really enjoyed was written by my friend Ken Wolfe.  Link below for those interested in reading it.  Worth your time, definitely.  Offers Yon Maddlesome Reader a chance to see that Kalia's becoming so warped took time.  And pain.  Lots of pain.

Look for "Prime Candidate" in the El Hazard section at:

http://www.mts.net/~kenwolfe/fanfic.html

Good angsty stuff, I thought.  Enjoy friends.

--me

Mark Engels

Dilandau. *puurrr*. And link. *Purr*.

*purr*

*de-lurks*

Cha~!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines