Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:41:10 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Avatar Censor Option
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Avatar Censor Option  (Read 7654 times)
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2003, 08:33:45 am »

Well, it was a great ide ahaving the avatar censor thingy put on, because you might get some kids on here that arent allowed to see things like kiddo's Avatar.

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

AOL Instant Messenger - Neil+Lafrenais
View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2003, 11:50:08 am »

However, one could argue that if a poster wasn't allowed to see a pair of cartoon breasts, they really shouldn't be watching El-Hazard (which contains breasts by the barrelful in the hot springs episode) in the first instance.

Maximum boobage!!
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2003, 11:59:55 am »

I haven't seen that one, but my mum walked into the room when I was watching EH2 ep.2 when Fatora and Alielle were in the pool, and she was like, 'When did I give you permission to watch this sort of thing?' but when I told her that Fatora and Alielle were lesbians she said, 'When did I give you permission to what this sort of thing?'

So, I have no idea what I'm allowed to watch any more. I'm nearly thirteen for crying out loud!

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2003, 01:35:14 pm »

I haven't seen that one, but my mum walked into the room when I was watching EH2 ep.2 when Fatora and Alielle were in the pool, and she was like, 'When did I give you permission to watch this sort of thing?' but when I told her that Fatora and Alielle were lesbians she said, 'When did I give you permission to what this sort of thing?'

So, I have no idea what I'm allowed to watch any more. I'm nearly thirteen for crying out loud!

Heh I know you don't want to hear this...but you ARE only 13... and I can understand why you mom is worried about you...

MY mom wouldn't let me near that when I was 13... There are stories my dad STILL won't tell me becuase he says I'm "not old enough" ^_^; Always eludes to them to get me interested then says... "nope... you'll never be old enough for that one!"

Your mom just wants to make sure you grow up "right" whatever "right" is... and I agree that some situations are too complicated for younger viewers to understand. She is probably concerned that what you were watching is one of those situations. El-Hazard touches on some topics that are very touchy in today's society... you just need to keep that in mind... it is bound to offend some people.

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2003, 09:03:51 pm »

Don't look at these with your mom around ;p (MW #3 Hot Springs)

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2003, 11:19:36 pm »

Well, besides the obvious most general, I suppose.  ;p

Mm... yes, I'm not one to hold heavy censoring policies, simply because I dislike them.  As long as someone has an interest that does not cause damage to humanity as a whole (child molestation, racial/other target hatred, etc.), I really would like people to be free to express whatever makes them tick.

Of course, as a public servant, I also have to offer a comfort zone... so this whole thread is about a comprimise position.  ;)  Also not being strictly a "hentai" zone, and a general carrier of more older people (20+), I don't really want to have "touchy" imagery just blantantly displayed to those who might be married and/or have [innocent] children about the place.  (Or anyone else who would throw them out for a shot of nudity on the computer screen even if they're not responsible for it  ::))

Plus, I also didn't develop a lot of policies besides the basics that we all take for granted involving the internet.  So I have no idea what I really should be enforcing for or against.  ;p  I'm kind of winging it at the moment... I also admit this has probably been the largest, most stable community I have ever been the head of.  It's not a LOT to speak of... but it's gratifying anyway.  ;)

Actually I am hoping to get some fame one way or another... at least go down in history as an El-Hazard record... but I lack much direction.  Hmm.  (Actually, if people were more in general familiar with El-Hazard, someone might note that my Saturn project was a big thing for an anime community to create.  ;))

I think you're doing just fine Rob. There was this one kid at the AN forums who was just obsessed with Sakura from CCS. He even had a Sakura hentai avatar and "Sakura's ecchi lover" as his title. That's just sick! Sakura is a grade school girl! He even tried to justify it! And, people backed him up! It's a sick world, man.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2003, 09:10:57 am »

Well, that's somewhat disturbing... mind you, one could equally argue that anime isn't at all realistic in terms of character design. Alielle, who is aged 15-16, looks about 13 at the start of the series and about 8 at the end of it. Conversely, the girls from Tokyo Mew Mew are allegedly 11, but look older than Alielle. Odd.

Just a word about the avatar censor thing- 'tis a good idea. I have no problem with hentai, but alas my net access is limited to university computers. Gawd knows, I abuse my priveleges enough as it is without some professor clocking me looking at Nanami's airbags. Just remember that hentai has a place, kids... under your bed where your parents can't find it ^_^

Curious that you should mention Fatora and Alielle's frolicking in OAV2... far from being unsuitable for kids, OAV2 in its entirety was rated PG in Britain (where the scale goes U, PG, 12, 15, 18), meaning there were no age restrictions on buying it. The highest rating went to the tape containing the first two OAV1 episodes. That got a 15, despite having no nudity... the second tape only got a 12. I suspect Alielle's nocturnal antics were the main factor contributing to this.

Alternative World never got licensed in Britain, but Pioneer rate it as 13 and up- even the notorious Arliman rehash episode. That episode is probably the only one I would consider 'unsuitable' for anyone under 13. Oh well. Age restrictions aren't really enforced in America, and even if they were people would get round them (Britain is proof of that). Now, any one for Hen? ^_~

Note: On the offchance that anyone here knows what Hen is, then let me reassure you that I'm joking. But as a biologist, it is kind of intriguing from an anatomical perspective...

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2003, 01:09:10 pm »

I always love how my situations have a two-sided issue solved that I didn't even think much about.  :P  I must be a genius... of course, I don't know what "Hen" is, and at first just assumed it shorthand for the 6 letter word.  Or the female chicken.  Which makes it really akward.

kiri_kitty_kitt
Londs' Screen Time

Alielle~! *Glomp* *_*

AOL Instant Messenger - Lemonkitt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2003, 05:42:13 pm »

Alternative World never got licensed in Britain, but Pioneer rate it as 13 and up- even the notorious Arliman rehash episode. That episode is probably the only one I would consider 'unsuitable' for anyone under 13. Oh well. Age restrictions aren't really enforced in America, and even if they were people would get round them (Britain is proof of that). Now, any one for Hen? ^_~

Hmmm... Hen. Hen as in Hen, Strange love?

http://digilander.libero.it/nonsolomanga/manga/hen.htm

Cha~!
dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2003, 06:26:05 am »

That's the bunny. A series much beloved by the ladies at Yuricon. I've only seen clips myself, but... yikes indeed.

washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2003, 03:25:40 pm »

you rule Rob Jinnai !!!  8)

this is the first forum I've ever been that has such option. I've been to a lot of anime  & games forum; tenchi, bebop, final fantasy etc etc and none of them ever has that option.
Whenever such problem arise, usually it only stops after tons of flaming messages among members, a lot of bitterness, and a locked topic
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2003, 04:46:03 pm »

Thanks.  I thought it was the simplest solution to avoid conflict.  It wasn't even that hard to hack into the forum script.  :P

MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2003, 06:42:30 pm »

http://skyhent.curvedspaces.com/elhazard/

Yeah, I stumbled onto those awhile back, myself.  Those pictures are too explicit for my tastes-- at least, for anime characters.  I like an onsen episode as much as the next guy, and some of the hentai doujinshi are fun, but please, leave something to the imagination.

I still can't believe that someone did two Kiriya pictures.  And I thought I was obsessive.  She couldn't have had more than five minutes on-screen?
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2003, 11:47:17 pm »

I still can't believe that someone did two Kiriya pictures.  And I thought I was obsessive.  She couldn't have had more than five minutes on-screen?

Must go for the more obscure chara. That's pretty much the way I am too. ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2003, 09:03:48 pm »

It's a nice idea to have it some people are not fans of Hentai out here in internet land and some are, it's good to have the option there

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines