Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:44:10 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Scripts, PICA-1166, and ME-diaahh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Scripts, PICA-1166, and ME-diaahh  (Read 9194 times)
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2003, 02:06:13 pm »

I'm sorry about that. It's just that ever since I joined EHOL, I've been getting negative vibes off of Neil.
Sorry.
But hey if you want the scripts for Episode 8, hello baby, just ask.  :)

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2003, 05:54:22 pm »

MrWhat - "Almost two years of studying Japanese, and it still takes me an evening to translate a sentence or two..."

Well, yes, because Japanese just happens to be a language where one letter is one word.  Of course it will take you a while to understand.

But what do I know?  It took me three years to learn English.  :P

I'd be further along if I studied slow and steady.  But I get on a tear and cram for a few weeks, then I get tired of it and drop it for a few more weeks, and so on.  But it's still a lot of fun.

I was listening to an EH soundtrack song a few days ago-- I think it was a Wanderers song-- and I managed to understand an entire phrase on the fly, and it literally gave me cold chills  :o
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2003, 06:06:04 pm »

Wait... is that the boxset??  PICA-1166?

Yeah, that's it.  I got it from Robert's Anime Corner Store awhile back.
http://www.animecornerstore.com/
You need to check for El-Hazard items there once in awhile.  They're expensive, but they do get some rare/OOP stuff.

Rob, if you want to discuss my copy of the box set further, please e-mail me.  I know this whole site is already one big copyright infringement-- but still, the recording industry has spies everywhere  ;)
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2003, 08:58:50 pm »

Unbelievable...

Simply unbelievable...

That was the store that Rob and I saw the set in the first place!  It seems, though, that it would be an enormous amount of time (if not never) before we see that set at that place again...

Who knows, eh?

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2003, 09:55:38 pm »

Pfft, I know about CornerStore.  It's as of late reduced to practically nothing in El-Hazard, though.  I still get emails because I never bothered to cancel from that.

I attempted to buy it from there a long long time ago.  (Longer than site news history cares to remember.)  The fact was he had run out of them before I got my chance.  (Which, by a post I found on a Yahoo group somewhere, proved that had only been in the course of about a couple weeks or something.)

What's REALLY bad is he still has my order info locked in after all these months, so if for some reason he suddenly DID obtain more, I'd be hit with a $115 charge maybe when I'm least suspecting it.  I ought to just cancel, but he gave me this very vague number of a time span that he swears he'd get it again.  Because his distributor said it's still in print for them.  I think there's misinformation abound.

And that wasn't the FIRST time I ordered it in hope only to get debunked later by a site that was actually out but not up to speed on their stock notices.  But at least the other ones were real about it and just canceled the orders.  I fear canceling with him because of the wonderful rule where I'll do that and then he really will get them back in.

Okay, and since then, I've searched... and searched... and searched for the damn boxset.  Every site, every dealer, every Google result to any reordering of the words in the title.  Hell, I even tried all such searching in WinMX and KaZaA, and I generally don't touch them.  Then you take my efforts there and take them to the fourth power, and that's what my younger brother Tim put out looking for it.

In short, it's near impossible to obtain by anyone.  And those that have it *cough* like to keep it to themselves.  I must've had at least two others who've come through here that own it and keep it that way.  It's the epitome of El-Hazard collector's treasure.

I know this whole site is already one big copyright infringement-- but still, the recording industry has spies everywhere

And I don't think it's getting anymore legal around here at the moment.  If I really have to say anything else email or otherwise, then you haven't been paying attention.  :P

Look at the SoundTracks section.  Look at my ownage list.  BGMs are so especially good for when I do my little fangames.  The template is all over, so I think you know exactly what I want.  ;p

*pant pant*

Well, that's the long and short of it anyway.  :P  Just something I wanted to get out of my system, not a personal attack or anything if you interpreted it as such.

Seriously, I just love BGMs so because they're part of my creativity in the background.  And 6CD over there has a bunch of stuff I can't have.  So I get frustrated.

And for the hell of it, here's something in my reserves I made out of an Ifurita MIDI.  (You can tell by its looping its video game-y.)  The last part at about 1:20 is pretty nifty.

http://www.el-hazardonline.net/El-Hazard/temp/rob/BGM15.mp3

Actually, Ifurita's theme is a fun one to play with.  I also have "Ifurhero", which is some upbeat version of the tune, and a clocktower chime theme for 12 noon.  And a standard theme one for other hours.  (Inspired by a clock at my college that I don't think rings anymore.)  And arbitrarily I made "Boys be Free" Redneck version...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2003, 10:26:52 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2003, 02:41:54 am »

I think you know exactly what I want.

Remember, I don't have much free time.  I'm away from this computer every weekend.  And I usually only check in once a day, Monday to Thursday, at most.  You're just lucky that I have insomnia tonight  ;D

The only parts of your site that I've visited more than once or twice are the forums and the caption contest.  I barely glanced at your MP3 page before now, because I was planning to buy the Alt World soundtrack at the time, and I didn't need anything else for myself.  I'm sorry, but I honestly didn't know that you wanted this set before now.  

And, yes, I know what (now), but what about how?  I don't use file sharing software, and I couldn't find anything like an FTP address here.

Anyway.  No problem.  I have my own server space.  Give me a few days, and I'll set things up on my end, and then I'll e-mail you with details, OK?  ;D
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2003, 07:31:09 am »

Yeah.

Sorry for acting a bit wacky over it.  :p

Um, and FYI, there ISN'T an FTP prefix, but you CAN connect port 21 straight to the main domain.  But your webspace probably beats mine, bandwidth and otherwise.

Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

AOL Instant Messenger - Neil+Lafrenais
View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2003, 08:09:00 am »

MrWhat: I love you and want your babies. That is all.

(Yes, I like BGMs too!)

Maximum boobage!!
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2003, 07:12:11 pm »

Getting back to scripts, are we talking about dub or sub scripts here?

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2003, 07:36:32 pm »

Dub probably, as is the ctioor of Neil's, though not the flavor of yours.  :p

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2003, 08:07:25 pm »

Rob, looking for sub scripts to add to the archive?

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2003, 08:15:30 pm »

I can take them (Tim did them both ways for what he did in Wanderers)... if they're OAV1 though, as you've read, Neil may be touchy.  Although I have no clue if they're sub it'd make a diff.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2003, 08:15:51 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2003, 04:43:14 pm »

I can take them (Tim did them both ways for what he did in Wanderers)... if they're OAV1 though, as you've read, Neil may be touchy.  Although I have no clue if they're sub it'd make a diff.

If you like, I can work on sub scripts for the OVAs. The scripts do differ, of course. And being as it's subtitled, I can just copy them off the screen. ^^;

dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2003, 05:01:39 am »

Neil, did you get that Alternative World script I emailed to you last week?

Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

AOL Instant Messenger - Neil+Lafrenais
View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2003, 05:14:23 am »

I did.

Please bear with with me though, I have been working. I will email you a reply (with script corrections) soon. Probably tonight, actually.

Maximum boobage!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines