Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:44:05 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Scripts, PICA-1166, and ME-diaahh
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Scripts, PICA-1166, and ME-diaahh  (Read 9192 times)
dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« on: April 04, 2003, 06:51:00 am »

Out of curiosity, how are the scripts coming along? I'm asking because it occurred to me that I have scripts for OAV1 that I made a few years ago (at least, I THINK I still have them, I'll have to check my floppies ^_^). I didn't mention this initially because I assumed you already had them, but taking a look in the scripts section I noticed you only have episode 1 so far.

I could even be persuaded to write some up for the occasional Alt World episode...

« Last Edit: April 08, 2003, 10:33:15 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2003, 08:03:59 am »

You probably mean the OAV scripts and not the Wanderers scripts, but this applies anyway.

Scripts are not that easy to make.  I'm sure you have some experience in that area.  It's not a quick job.  Granted, it takes me at least 4 hours to write a script for a 30 minute session of Wanderers.  The Magnificent World is substantially longer and would take more work to finish.  If it is okay with Rob, we may be able to accept the scripts.

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2003, 12:47:36 pm »

Well, actually, who we need to check with is Neil, to make sure he doesn't have any in progress. AFAIK, if you DID have them, it'd be much appreciated.

... this wouldn't be planning ahead for a certain future change, by chance? ;)

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2003, 06:02:30 pm »

Weeeeell, looks like Neil would really rather do them himself, and I'm inclined to give him benefit of the doubt, even though neither me nor Neil have real good track records of getting things done during school season.

Now, if this had been AW or Wanderers, I wouldn't have even bothered to ask.  :P  I don't have anyone really assigned to AW patrol, and I know my little brother has pretty much had the desire to do Wanderers work squeezed out of him.

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2003, 12:23:33 pm »

If anyone needs the script for OAV1 Episode eight, Hello Baby of Tenchi Muyo, I can supply that.  ;D

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

AOL Instant Messenger - Neil+Lafrenais
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2003, 03:55:40 pm »

Episode 8 is in OAV2, not OAV1.

OAV 1 is the first 6 episodes, all directed by El-Hazard man, Hayashi.

OAV 7 is a special stop gap.

OAV 2 is 8 - 13. Hayashi has nothing to do with the last 7 episodes.

Maximum boobage!!
dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2003, 07:11:03 am »

Well, given enough time I could come up with some Alternative World scripts. I also might have some synopses for the first 5 Alternative World episodes that I wrote for another project.

As for planning ahead... ^_^ Well now, I DO post on the boards (sometimes), and I haven't actually downloaded any MP3s yet. But Neil's post did spur me into action. Up until now, I didn't realise that you were looking for contributions for the site. If I'd have known, I'd have told you about those scripts ages ago.

I actually started on the first episode of Alternative World last night- I'm trying to keep to the same format as the OAV1 script I saw on this site. But I checked and I do have the rest of OAV1 on my computer, if you want it... ^_~

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2003, 01:13:40 pm »

Well, I'm sorry Neil, but I have a feeling that you just don't like me!  >:( You're always putting me down!  >:(

I got all my information on Tenchi Muyo off of the net so therefore, I only know what I have read previously.
I have read on nearly every webpage that there is OAV 1:- Tenchi Muyo, then there is Tenchi Universe:- TV series, then a couple of other OAV's nothing to do with the first one, then the movies, then Pretty Sammy!
I'm sorry if my anime info is not high enough standards!
I'm not trying to get thrown off this board, I'm just trying to give some info that may be useful to Tenchi Fans.

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

AOL Instant Messenger - Neil+Lafrenais
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2003, 05:54:42 pm »

Dooky:

Nice to see you've decided to do AW scripts. Those will be much appreciated. However, can I ask, what post of mine inspired you to start writing them?

But I checked and I do have the rest of OAV1 on my computer, if you want it... ^_~

As Rob said, " would really rather do them [myself]", so thanks, but no thanks. ;) It's really something I'd rather have my own name to. Plus, you can see how bloody extensive my first script is... so, yeah.

larewen:

Well, I'm sorry Neil, but I have a feeling that you just don't like me! You're always putting me down!

I was simply posting a correction (I'm pretty sure I'm right about these OAVs btw) that I felt like pointing out. This is no indication that I "don't like you".
« Last Edit: April 07, 2003, 05:56:21 pm by neil_lafrenais » Logged

Maximum boobage!!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2003, 06:41:47 pm »

Yeah, Larewen, relax.  If you did something Neil didn't care for, he'd admin you to death *thwack*

Seriously though, don't take corrections as insults.  Better you make a mistake here then someplace less tolerating.  :P

And yes, dook'ster, school's wearing on both me and Neil, who each have English classes piling essays, among other things.

Worse yet for me, my little personal savings that have gotten me through two semesters of community college are about dry (putting me down to $200 after this upcoming Fall registration).  Concidering my DSL powering this place runs $50/month among other various expenses I'll be encountering (El-Hazard junk, for example ;)), I'm gonna have to work again.  Not my favorite deal, but a responsible action.  Hopefully, though, I'll get something better than stockboy after this third and fourth semester... even if its only a certificate...

Rambled and forgot my point.

Submissions are very much wanted, except for obviously Neil guarding his OAV1 territory.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2003, 06:42:26 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2003, 09:00:26 pm »

Submissions are very much wanted, except for obviously Neil guarding his OAV1 territory.

Thanks for my honorary contributor status.  ;D  I guess I'm not actually contributing much directly, besides all those captions.  But things are more calm around here now, and I have resumed work on both fan fiction and Japanese translations  ;D  I'm going to try to have a translation of Jinnai's song by the end of the month.

I'm away on weekends, so I didn't get a chance to thank you for the link to "that one guy's page with the insane amount of El-Hazard fanfiction links," before you locked the topic.  I'll try to get a reciprocal link to you from my site sometime soon.  You've just doubled the number of sites that link to my EH site  :P

I want to DL a couple of Alt World MP3s sometime, if I don't get around to buying the Alt World CD first.  I've got the big yellow box set, but it doesn't cover the Alt World series.  And I'll check for non-box set radio dramas, if I ever get proficient enough to translate them.  Almost two years of studying Japanese, and it still takes me an evening to translate a sentence or two...
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2003, 09:05:21 pm »

MrWhat - "Almost two years of studying Japanese, and it still takes me an evening to translate a sentence or two..."

Well, yes, because Japanese just happens to be a language where one letter is one word.  Of course it will take you a while to understand.

But what do I know?  It took me three years to learn English.  :P
« Last Edit: April 07, 2003, 09:05:50 pm by thegameguy » Logged

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2003, 10:43:36 pm »

I've got the big yellow box set, but it doesn't cover the Alt World series

Wait... is that the boxset??  PICA-1166?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2003, 10:51:49 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2003, 06:54:55 am »

Neil: your post about the MP3 hoggers, when you mentioned wanting contributions, reminded me of the scripts I had. As for writing more-  well, I've got pretty quick at it, even if it is a pain in the arse doing it from a video. I'm about two thirds of the way through Alt World episode 1 right now. I still haven't decided whether I'm going to do all of the episodes or just random ones- depends how busy I am, I suppose. While I'm on the subject, a few things I noticed about your OAV Ep 1 script...

-There's no Male Leader 2... (I know the numbering gets a bit tricky, trying to remember which is which between episodes)

-Is Fatora's bedroom really an exterior scene? I know it has a lot of plant life, but still...

And while I'm at it, some questions about Alternative world episode 1...

-What is it that Jinnai shouts at the Bugrom when they're erecting that column? It sounds a bit like 'pull', but not quite.

-Is Alielle's first line "Delicious- it has a really weird flavour but in a good way" actually an innuendo? It just occurred to me that she's offscreen when she says it, so she could be talking about anything. Or maybe I was just getting tired when I got to that bit ^_^

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2003, 11:29:08 am »

-What is it that Jinnai shouts at the Bugrom when they're erecting that column? It sounds a bit like 'pull', but not quite.

AFAIK, "Faster, you dogs, PULL!"

-Is Alielle's first line "Delicious- it has a really weird flavour but in a good way" actually an innuendo?

Well, backing up a little farther, there's the sign of "Shinonome Diner", Nanami saying "Here you go, ladies, enjoy." then Alielle saying "Mm-mmm!  This is dee-licious, it has a weird flavor, but in a good way."

So, unless Nanami is offering herself ;), we can safely assume through the suspected context that its the food she's serving.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines