Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:42:02 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Anybody here familiar with the anime School Days?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anybody here familiar with the anime School Days?  (Read 6936 times)
Triple_R
Demon God(ess)

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2010, 11:36:30 am »

If so, you might get a bit of a chuckle out of my little anime theory relating to it and El Hazard. ;)

Here it is, copy and pasted from a different forum. Don't continue reading unless you're prepared to be spoiled on School Days:

My funny theory is that School Days is actually wrote by El Hazard villain Katsuhiko Jinnai.

In the case of El Hazard, and School Days, the lead protagonist is a teenager named Makoto:

The resemblance between the two Makotos is quite uncanny. When you factor in that they also share the same given name, its pretty intriguing.

Spoilers coming up to explain my theory, so please stop reading now if you don't want to be spoiled on El Hazard or School Days... ;)

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
!!!

The Makoto of School Days (Makoto Ito) ends up having sex with almost every girl in the show. He is rather (in)famous for this, and this ultimately results in his brutal and gorey demise.

From the perspective of Katsuhiko Jinnai, the Makoto of El Hazard (Makoto Mizuhara) may seem like a bit of a philanderer as well. Makoto was popular with girls in school as one of Jinnai's flashbacks made pretty clear, and Makoto also attracted the romantic interest of many prominent females in El Hazard, including Jinnai's "ultimate weapon" Ifurita. Makoto's romantic allure was definitely part of Jinnai's undoing in El Hazard, so one can see the psychological catharsis that could come from Jinnai writing a story where "Makoto" is the one undone by his romantic allure.

Its notable that School Days also has a character named "Nanami", and interestingly enough she's one of the few girls to remain untouched by Makoto. Perhaps this reflects Jinnai's hope that his own sister Nanami never actually slept with the accursed Mizuhara. :wink:

The ending that Makoto Ito suffered in School Days is probably what Jinnai would like to see happen to his archrival Makoto Mizuhara as well.

So, what do people think of my little funny anime theory here? :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 11:37:06 am by Triple_R » Logged
Icy EyeG
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

No El-Hazard, no life!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 12:34:45 pm »

If so, you might get a bit of a chuckle out of my little anime theory relating to it and El Hazard. ;)
(...)
My funny theory is that School Days is actually wrote by El Hazard villain Katsuhiko Jinnai.
(...)
So, what do people think of my little funny anime theory here? :)

I had to look it up, and for what I see it actually makes sense: a guy named Makoto (who looks like EH's Makoto) in a harem scenario, a girl named Nanami (that for what I read is the opposite of Jinnai Nanami in terms of personality), and an ending.... that seems to have been written by a villain.

It's probably a coincidence (have you checked the visual novel's/anime's production staff?), but quite amusing indeed.  :)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines