Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:47:53 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Question about Ifurita and Rune's headgear
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Question about Ifurita and Rune's headgear  (Read 4730 times)
rowan_a._seven
Demon God(ess)

Demon Gods - as dangerous as they are cute.

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2009, 03:42:47 pm »

Hello everyone. It's been quite a while, hasn't it? Apologies for not being around. For some reason I thought the site went down and only recently rediscovered it while doing a google search for Ifurita. I'm glad to see it's still here.

Anyway, I'm working on a fan fic and am trying to figure out what the fabric headgear Ifurita and Rune Venus wear is called. It doesn't seem to be a headscarf and while head/hair covering is a generic enough term for the purpose I was wondering if there's a specific name for it. I'm tempted to call it a veil of some sort but that doesn't seem to fit since it doesn't cover the face. Any help would be appreciated.
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 06:47:16 am »

"Veil" was the first word to pop into my mind, but there's probably a real, Middle-Eastern-esque word for the thing. Sadly, I have no idea what that might be.

Welcome back, Rowan!

The 1337 poster
rowan_a._seven
Demon God(ess)

Demon Gods - as dangerous as they are cute.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 12:41:31 pm »

That's pretty much what I thought too. Unfortunately, my knowledge of traditional Arabian fashion (and fashion in general, for that matter  ^^; ) is rather substandard. Still, veil should work as long as the prose is descriptive enough, and not knowing what to call it won't derail the story I'm trying to write.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome back. I'm already realizing how much I missed this place, and my recent download of the El-Hazard Saturn game is bringing back nostalgic memories. So many good times here.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 12:42:36 pm by rowan_a._seven » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines