Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:29:10 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Why so little Makoto/Ifurita fanstuff?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why so little Makoto/Ifurita fanstuff?  (Read 5484 times)
jibril
Background Character

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2008, 02:31:44 am »

They are my favorite pairing (OAV1 fan only), but there's hardly anything for this pairing anywhere.... even though they are the favored pairing (OAV1).  So little El-Hazard as it is.....

It seems Makoto (or Ifi) are paired with other always in doujin.... or even fanfics.  What gives?  This is so unlike... say the favorites in Tenchi Muyo or other anime....

:bawl

Really, I'm just looking for good Ifurita :-* or Makoto/Ifurita stuff (piccys, stories, etc) and I just don't find anything (hardly anything).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 02:35:13 am by jibril » Logged
Icy EyeG
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

No El-Hazard, no life!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 05:47:02 pm »

Welcome to the Forums!  :)

I believe that it may be because the relationship of Makoto with Ifurita is only explored in the OVA1.
The other OVA and TV series (ie, Alternative World and Wanderers) don't explore it and allow other characters to develop relationships with Makoto. Because these lead to funny/memorable situations, the fans "forget" about the Makoto/Ifurita original pairing when writing the fics/doujins.

That least is my opinion.  ;) I must confess I don't read much fanfics (apart from... MrWhat's fanfics  ;D), but I remember an old site about it: http://alumni.imsa.edu/~solarian/fics/elhaz/.

For what is worth, the Tsubura's El-Hazard Manga does pair Makoto and Ifurita...  :P

jibril
Background Character

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 12:21:37 am »

Thanks!  That makes sense... I never really liked remakes or sequels not true to the original (most of the time anyway) - no offense to the other fans.

Nice manga:)
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 01:23:40 pm »

http://www.mts.net/~kenwolfe/fanfic.html

I'm a fan of Makoto & Ifurita myself.  Some of the earliest (and in my opinion, still some of the best) ficts with them as the protagonists may be found at the above link.  Ken Wolfe's work is highly regarded among the community.  

It's been awhile since he has produced any EH work, but he continues to write.  I just offered C&C on a Banner of the Stars/Crest of the Stars work for him, as we are both fans of Morioka's Sekai Trilogy.

MJE
Icy EyeG
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

No El-Hazard, no life!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 02:37:05 pm »

From Earth Chapter One -As Long as it Takes:
I always wondered just how Ifurita managed to build that mausoleum that Makoto found her in. It couldn't have been easy.

This sentence made my day! ;D This series of El-Hazard: Earth seem pretty interesting.

I see you also have a story there, I think I'll read it in the weekend.  ;)

Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 12:53:18 pm »

Although, I think you will find a lot of series don't explore the "default" relationships... perhaps because many fans themselves choose favorite characters and want to write their own situations that "could never happen" but do happen in their fantasies.  :P

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines