Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:01:50 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  El Hazard : Animated Music Video
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: El Hazard : Animated Music Video  (Read 5504 times)
daboyturat
« on: September 10, 2006, 04:05:06 am »

^_^V Hey Guys haven't u all ever tried to visit this website? www.youtube.com ?

Man, this site is amazing, it contains all of the videos of the El Hazard series (OAV1, OAV2, Alternative & Wanderers) and most of all the Animated Music Videos (AMV) created and contributed by the fans of El Hazard.. Man, you gonna check this out!
(Type in the search engine: El Hazard at the www.youtube.com website)

smkviper
Demon God(ess)

Couldn't find a EH avatar, but likes Mai-HiME alot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 12:28:13 pm »

I would like to point out that anime episodes (or tv episodes, or movies, etc) on youtube or any other movie hosting service not posted by the copyright holder are illegal and are subject to removal by the host once they are notified of the copyright infringement. And the poster is subject to possible banning.

As to the AMVs, those are alright as long as the poster is the creator or someone who has permission from the creator.

Don't really want to rain on your parade, but if you like the series, go buy the DVDs please :)

Millenia: Aw. You're a sweetheart, aren't ya. This should be fun.

Ryudo: If your idea of fun is wading through rivers of blood, gobbets of flesh, and gut fresh upon your lips, then yes, it will be fun.

Millenia: Then what a
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 07:35:14 am »

Additionally, the video quality on youtube is abysmally poor. You'd have to be pretty desperate to consider it a good place to watch anime episodes - especially for El Hazard. Given how breathtakingly beautiful the settings and animation were for that show, it's practically a crime to watch it on youtube's grainy, low-quality videos!

The same is true for the AMV's really - you're much better off finding them someplace where they're stored at full quality.

The 1337 poster
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 11:55:29 pm »

Yeah.  I'm surprised YouTube hasn't been one of those things shut down or otherwise hunted by the RIAA yet.  I mean, it has plenty of legal content, but a good deal of it ranges from gray area to outright dangerous.

And even though the glory days are gone, I guess I should still make my administrator thing and not advocate piracy, etc.  Of course, as mentioned in this thread, you're already half-punished by losing art detail.  :P

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
smkviper
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 11:12:42 am »

First of all, I think the MPAA would be going after YouTube instead of the RIAA  ;)

Also, the only reason I can think of why they have not is that the site has a reporting feature and they do regularly remove content when a creator reports it.

Course, I don't really expect someone like the MPAA or RIAA to actually understand basic logic, so my point my be invalid ;D

Ryudo: If your idea of fun is wading through rivers of blood, gobbets of flesh, and gut fresh upon your lips, then yes, it will be fun.

Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 12:12:40 pm »

Ah, MPAA, RIAA... whatever.  Not fond of either AA.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 10:56:11 am »

We're all in agreement then. Piracy is bad, youtube image quality is abysmal, we need more tartar sauce at the commisary.

Therego: Ban youtube, and forty feather lashings for daboyturat.

You may have the honors, Robert.

I Care Deep
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 07:11:17 pm »

We're all in agreement then. Piracy is bad, youtube image quality is abysmal, we need more tartar sauce at the commisary.

Therego: Ban youtube, and forty feather lashings for daboyturat.

You may have the honors, Robert.

I don't recall anybody in this thread saying piracy is bad. Quite the contrary! Piracy makes the world go 'round! We're just in agreement that YouTube is not the ideal source for watching anime. It's good for shorts that you can't anywhere else though, or would rather stream the download like Smirnoff Tea Partay.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 08:36:43 am »

I don't recall anybody in this thread saying piracy is bad. Quite the contrary! Piracy makes the world go 'round! We're just in agreement that YouTube is not the ideal source for watching anime. It's good for shorts that you can't anywhere else though, or would rather stream the download like Smirnoff Tea Partay.

Piracy is bad.

There, it's now been said in this thread. ;D

And it's true, too!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 08:37:25 am by spanner » Logged

The 1337 poster
smkviper
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 12:06:48 pm »

So if I like to say "arr!" does that make me a bad person?

:P

Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 02:56:23 pm »

So if I like to say "arr!" does that make me a bad person?

You bet your Johnny Depp-worshiping ass it does!

*has smkviper put in the brig*

Um... we do have a brig, don't we?

I Care Deep
smkviper
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 11:23:06 am »

Hey! No fair!

*waits for Orlando Bloom to break him out of the bring before going on some big adventure looking for pirate gold!*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines