Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:53:48 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  El-Hazard Mobile Goods
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: El-Hazard Mobile Goods  (Read 4629 times)
Helio Perroni Filho
Bugrom Forces

It is the dream of those who remember.

ICQ Messenger - 2490863
View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 27, 2006, 11:15:06 am »

A week ago I entered the new mobile era, by buying myself a Motorola V360 cell phone. However, up until this morning I hadn't got the time to properly play with the gizmo. The configuration features are more limited than I first thought, but it does offer two nice features, which are present in most modern cell phones: the ability to play MP3 files as ring tones, and the option of setting a wallpaper for the display.

After a little work with the PC multimedia tool bundled with the phone, I got this as my wallpaper:

http://www.geocities.com/xperroni/ehwall.gif

The black space in the bottom gets covered by the phone's toolbar, so it looks real nice. I've also managed to get an El Hazard 2 MP3 ringtone:

http://www.geocities.com/xperroni/eh2tone.mp3

That's it for now, but let's see what more I can make... that JVM's got to be good for something! ;)

"If nothing is done, nothing will change. (...) Your world... I do not accept this world. To it, I must say... no."

-- Zorndyke
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 09:36:25 pm »

That's awesome.  I never yet have a configurable cell phone like all you cool kids.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 11:37:38 pm »

That's cool! Wish I could do that to my phone. I have a a Motorola V3 Razr and I tried plugging it into my Mac once and got a kernel panic. Guess the Unix core didn't like it?  ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
menkar
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 12:38:41 pm »

Sorry for being so quiet for a long time.
Good picture for a wallpaper. I have a old Siemens CX65 and also bought a computer cable for it. I found some good programs to write in this little phones protected (wasn't visible) folders and changed some pictures and sounds. My background is this:
And of course I can change the mp3 s into wav s (which this phone can play). So my ringtone is the Bugrom theme.
It was quite simple, only a few click with a mouse and 5 minutes Photoshop. (as for the pictures...)
There must be some other cables and programs for other mobilephones too...
Helio Perroni Filho
Bugrom Forces

It is the dream of those who remember.

ICQ Messenger - 2490863
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 06:43:04 pm »

That's cool! Wish I could do that to my phone. I have a a Motorola V3 Razr and I tried plugging it into my Mac once and got a kernel panic. Guess the Unix core didn't like it?  ^^;

That's odd. The V360 has an option to set whether it will try to get itself recognized as a modem or a storage device, perhaps the RAZR has a similar feature? If you can get the phone recognized as storage, then it's all a matter of copying files to the right folders.

"If nothing is done, nothing will change. (...) Your world... I do not accept this world. To it, I must say... no."

-- Zorndyke
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 09:47:34 pm »

It has Bluetooth...... I'd try that if I had a Bluetooth card on my Mac. ^^; I dunno, I'll have to investigate further....

smkviper
Demon God(ess)

Couldn't find a EH avatar, but likes Mai-HiME alot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 12:28:29 pm »

I have the RAZR phone and ended up using the Motorola tools on my Windows box to do the same thing. It's quite possible that Motorola just doesn't care about Mac and therefore doesn't support it. (AFAIK, you can't really set up this phone as a generic storage device, like a USB key or somesuch thing. But hey, if you figure it out, let me know!)

Millenia: Aw. You're a sweetheart, aren't ya. This should be fun.

Ryudo: If your idea of fun is wading through rivers of blood, gobbets of flesh, and gut fresh upon your lips, then yes, it will be fun.

Millenia: Then what a
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 07:40:28 pm »

It's quite possible that Motorola just doesn't care about Mac and therefore doesn't support it.

Yes, that's kind of what I figure as well. ^^;

Big Roshtarian Robot.
Dimension Traveler

What, a big mecha in El-Hazard? HAH! *snicker*

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 08:52:21 am »

*Happily rejoices with the EH2 tune in his Motorola L6*

Somehow, i found Bluetooth easier to use, since I don't have the installation CD for my month-old L6 (it's a Hong-Kong-made one.)

"It is EVIL. EEEEEVVIIILL..."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines