Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:30:06 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Build your own Ifurita
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Build your own Ifurita  (Read 9642 times)
Helio Perroni Filho
Bugrom Forces

It is the dream of those who remember.

ICQ Messenger - 2490863
View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 06, 2006, 08:36:33 pm »

(edit: updated Ifurita's URL's.)

Hello fellow dreamers!

For about a year now, I am working on my own Alicebot interpreter, the ChatterBean. Recently, the project got to a point where it can be used as a client-side component in AJAX applications. In order to illustrate this approach's potential, I put together a simple Alicebot, which plays the role of Wanderer's Ifurita. It is currently accessible here:

http://www.myjavaserver.com/~bitoflife/ifurita/index.html

The Alicebot changes the currently displaying picture of Ifurita to reflect her current mood, and can do arithmetical operations on request. Ifurita's pictures and some of her lines were shamelessly taken from Spanner's Ifurita and Ifurita's Dual El-Hazard Website -- do you think he'll be mad at it? Yes, me too. ^^;

Because my only intention was to exercise ChatterBean's AJAX integration features, the list of user inputs she can recognize and provide a meaninful response for is rather restrict -- chances are you'll run into her fallback response quite often. If you want to go through the entire set of available responses (again, it's a fairly limited one), you can peek at Ifurita's "brain" here:

http://www.myjavaserver.com/~bitoflife/ifurita/Ifurita.xml

If you decide to try the bot out, keep in mind that:
  • Internet Explorer might block the loading of the applet, which will cause a script error. Simply grant loading permission to the applet and reload the page;
  • The applet might take a while to start. Do not start typing until Ifurita greets you with the "Hi ya! Welcome!" message;
  • There might be a slight delay the first time each picture gets loaded.

While Ifurita proved an interesting testing ground during development, I have no intention to further develop her at this time. If anyone is interested in working on this, contact me for details.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 08:30:43 pm by xperroni » Logged

"If nothing is done, nothing will change. (...) Your world... I do not accept this world. To it, I must say... no."

-- Zorndyke
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 09:28:02 pm »

That's awesome! I can't get it to work.... but it's still awesome. ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 12:14:15 pm »

It, uh, works I guess

Hi ya! Welcome!
> Geocities hosting is horrible thing, isn't it?
Sometimes I babble, I'm afraid, so I'm not always sure whether or not the things I say make any sense, or whether they're just stupid. Master doesn't like it when I babble, even though it sounds an awful lot like Master does when he rants about Makoto, but... ooooh I'm babbling again aren't I? Sorry!
> That's a default response, right?
Uh... sorry, what?
> I'm too difficult, haha
Uh... sorry, what?
> Hi.
Uh... sorry, what?
> Hello?
Uh... sorry, what?
> 2 + 2?
Uh... sorry, what?
> Bye
'Bye for now! Come again soon!!!

I don't quite get what you intend for me to do with this.  :P  I would've chosen a MegaHAL brain and did some neat server side stuff.  But nice job anyway.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 08:30:01 am »

*Froths*

Absolutely intolerable! How DARE you steal my precious work to create this... this... abomination!

*Unfroths*

Just kidding! This is pretty cool, though yeah, I have to agree that it could really use a wider variety of responses. Even Ifurita isn't THAT simple-minded. ^^;

The 1337 poster
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 11:12:03 am »

Haha, I stole the pictures from Spanner first for my really old 404 pages anyway.

Since stealing Spanner's Ifurita images is in vogue, I decided to that again and create a MegaHAL version of Cute Weapon Ifurita for comparison.  What's fun about a MegaHAL is it tends to remember the stupid things you throw at it.  But this is a hack job and a poor implementation of a MegaHAL -- it executes once with your supplied line, responds, saves, and exits.  That means it will have no conversational context between one reply and the next.

http://bobstuffs.no-ip.com/cgi-bin/MegaHAL/megahal_reply.pl

But try it anyway.  Its format is "sort of" based on Helio's.  :)  Admittedly though this is probably not a whole lot "better" of an Ifurita... maybe more mindless and insane... but it should at least respond to anything you throw at it.  Maybe once in a while lucidly.  Its brain is based on our Wanderers episode guides like episode 18-26 or something.  I forget how many I went through exactly.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 11:14:00 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Helio Perroni Filho
Bugrom Forces

ICQ Messenger - 2490863
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 08:37:16 pm »

I don't quite get what you intend for me to do with this.  :P  I would've chosen a MegaHAL brain and did some neat server side stuff.  But nice job anyway.

Well, when I slapped Ifurita's brain together I wasn't trying to make her particularly interactive. The point I was trying to make is that, with ChatterBean, you can embed a chatterbot on a web page, and the bot can interact with the underlying page (like changing the picture that represents its mood). Even so I thought some EH fans could be amused at the results, hence the post.

Damn, now I feel challenged.  XO

Ok, what about this? I just updated Ifurita so she can be taught new input / response patterns. For example:

Hi ya! Welcome!
> Hello!
Uh... sorry, what?
> This is not a good answer.
Sorry. What would be a good answer?
> Hello, how are you?
Alright! You can ask me again to see if I got it.
> Hello...
Hello, how are you?
> I am fine, thank you.
Uh... sorry, what?
> This is not a good answer.
Sorry. What would be a good answer?
> Nice to know!
Alright! You can ask me again to see if I got it.
> I'm fine, thanks.
Nice to know!

Currently these new answers are lost when you leave the page, but I will build a cookie-based persistent memory soon.

Another novel feature: if you ask Ifurita "where are you from?", not only will she answer you, but also open Spanner's Ifurita and Ifurita's Dual El-Hazard Website on the background inline frame. You can also ask Ifurita to open specific pages:

> Go to http://www.alicebot.org
As you wish. Web page, I summon thee! YAH!!!
(web page opens in the background)

So, answering your question, what about making a virtual web guide of this?  ;)

"If nothing is done, nothing will change. (...) Your world... I do not accept this world. To it, I must say... no."

-- Zorndyke
Helio Perroni Filho
Bugrom Forces

ICQ Messenger - 2490863
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 08:44:15 pm »

That's awesome! I can't get it to work.... but it's still awesome. ^^;

What OS are you using?

On Windows, check if Java's logo (a stylized coffee cup) appears in the system tray. Double-click the icon and check if it's version 1.5.0 or later. If the icon is not showing, version is earlier then 1.5.0, or you are under other OS, go to http://java.sun.com and get the latest version of the Java JRE.

-- Zorndyke
Helio Perroni Filho
Bugrom Forces

ICQ Messenger - 2490863
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 09:04:31 pm »

Since stealing Spanner's Ifurita images is in vogue, I decided to that again and create a MegaHAL version of Cute Weapon Ifurita for comparison.

Now that's insane. :P

MegaHAL's approach to simulated conversation is rather sofisticated, but I wonder if it pays off -- Hutchens had more success at the Loebner Prize with his ELIZA-like HeX than with his more recent creations. I think that, at least in the short term, ELIZA's "assembly rules" make a beter job of throwing the user's inputs back at him (it does get suffocating eventually, when you realize that the conversation never goes anywhere regardless what you say).

-- Zorndyke
Helio Perroni Filho
Bugrom Forces

ICQ Messenger - 2490863
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 09:09:15 pm »

Just kidding! This is pretty cool, though yeah, I have to agree that it could really use a wider variety of responses. Even Ifurita isn't THAT simple-minded. ^^;

Chances are that, despite my earlier intentions, I will keep developing Ifurita for some more time. It's fun, and everytime I play with her I find new bugs or ways to improve ChatterBean.

-- Zorndyke
Helio Perroni Filho
Bugrom Forces

ICQ Messenger - 2490863
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 08:27:25 pm »

Ifurita now has long-time memory! When the user teaches new responses to her, they are recorded in a cookie, and retrieved whenever the user returns to her page. *snif* I'm so proud of my little girl! :bawl

Also, I have added a couple more categories to her brain, such that Robert's chat would go along these lines:

> Geocities hosting is horrible thing, isn't it?
Oh, thankfuly master already moved me away from it!
> I agree.
Uh... sorry, what?
> That's a default response, right?
Yes, I'm affraid so.
> I'm too difficult, haha
Darn, you're right.
> 2 + 2?
Oh, that's easy: 4
> Bye.
'Bye for now! Come again soon!!!

By the way, Geocities started blocking access to the JAR's and JS scripts that make Ifurita work, so I moved her to my account at MyJavaserver. Things work, but now it takes forever for the bot to start; there can also be a great time delay the first time each picture is loaded, or the first time a new category is learned. Thank you Geocities!

-- Zorndyke
vicky
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 02:17:49 pm »

hey hi....i hav dwnloaded ifurita n it works well...good work...needed your help....can you tell me how i can add more aiml files to ifurita ?
i have plently of aiml files but no clue on hoe to add them...
i tried adding them like :
<param name="aiml" value="hello.aiml" />
in the index file ...but it didnt work.....
can u plzzz HELP !!!
vicky
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 02:19:46 pm »

hey hi....i hav dwnloaded ifurita n it works well...good work...needed your help....can you tell me how i can add more aiml files to ifurita ?
can u plzzz HELP !!!
vicky
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 02:25:51 pm »

can u plzzz HELP !!!
Icy EyeG
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

No El-Hazard, no life!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 07:58:37 am »

Hi vicky, welcome to the forums.

Wow... triple post... be more careful next time...  ^^;

As you must realise, this forum isn't very active. So, if I where you I would discuss this directly with Helio at the ChatterBean Homepage.

stevesrd
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 12:44:03 pm »

Not sure if anyone is still reading these post, but been playing around with ifurita bot and well gonna post an answer to someones elses earlier question,,and gonna ask a question. To get the bot to learn aiml just go to the ifurita.txt file and add the aiml names one by one, for example 1.aiml added there will make the bot read and learn that aiml file. Also note you need to add the aiml files into the main folder,,not in a folder called aiml, tho suppose you could reference that folder if you wanted. Anyway it will read the aiml files that way. Now to my question, Ive noticed the index.html, the main browser page for interacting with the bot,,has the html in it that allows you to see and send text to the bot when you click on the submit button. Whats a simple html code to add to that page that allows your message to go to the bot after you write it and then hit the enter key,,instead of having to click on the damn button. Anyone got a simple answer please let me know, thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines