Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:51:11 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Hey there!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hey there!  (Read 4321 times)
Triple_R
Demon God(ess)

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2006, 07:13:57 pm »

I'm a big El Hazard fan, but unfortunetly didn't get much into anime (outside of the stuff already very easily accesible like DBZ) until a year or two ago.

The El Hazard series immediately hooked me in, and I consider it my favourite Anime (though there are a lot that I like).

I felt that the OVA storyline was outsanding, and that the TV show was equally good (for the most part) and had some great individual episodes.

I like the overall feel of the show, but I admit that what really hooked me were the villians - Katsuhiko Jinnai, and Queen Diva. I consider them to be the best villain couple in all of anime!

Of course, all of the key cast members are appealling (I also really like Mr. Fujisawa, Shayla Shayla, and both Ifuritas).

Anyway, just wanted to say 'hello' after finding this site. I have a few ideas that I'm going to post in a sec. :)
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 11:17:07 pm »

Hey Triple R! Welcome to the forum. Always good to have some new fans (see, I knew this would happen).

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Triple_R
Demon God(ess)

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 09:02:18 am »

Hey Triple R! Welcome to the forum. Always good to have some new fans (see, I knew this would happen).

Thanks for the welcome! :)

It can take anime quite some time to spread - first beyond Japan, and then beyond America (I'm Canadian). I only began watching El Hazard within the last calender year (but have already watched through every episode of the show at least once).

When I found out that El Hazard: the OVA came out back in the mid-90s, I was kind of shocked. It startled me that such a good show needed a decade to reach into Canada.

If good anime shows like El Hazard had the sort of marketing in North America that more North American shows like "Justice League", and "X-Men", have, I think that they'd be smash hits. :)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 01:08:02 pm »

Optimist.  :P  Well, I guess the world continues to turn...

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Triple_R
Demon God(ess)

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 10:39:08 am »

Robert - Hi! I also like Azumanga as well. I nicknamed the cat that kept on biting Sakaki's finger "the Jinnai cat".  ;D

For the last episode (or was it 2nd last episode?) when that mountain lion took on "the Jinnai cat"and his army of cats for Sakaki (my friend and I were watching it), I did a narration of sorts - calling the mountain lion cat "Shayla Shayla", and acting like it was a showdown between Shayla Shayla and Jinnai/the bugrum.  ;D
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 09:16:13 pm »

For the last episode (or was it 2nd last episode?) when that mountain lion .....

Iriomote Yamaneko! ^_^ Found only in one place in the world; Iriomote Island in the Okinawa area. They're close to extinction. :(

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Triple_R
Demon God(ess)

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 12:37:11 pm »

Iriomote Yamaneko! ^_^ Found only in one place in the world; Iriomote Island in the Okinawa area. They're close to extinction. :(

Sad... if the cartoon representation is any indication, they are very cute animals. :)

Thanks for the info.
daguru
Dimension Traveler

BRILLIANT!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 01:07:06 am »

I'm assuming it was originally put on the backburner in the U.S. due to the lesbianism.... and being that one of the lesbians was underage.

Cartoon Network and Fox just doesn't touch stuff like that.

Jinnai's most trusted henchbug
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines