Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:16:38 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  El-Hazard as a TCG?!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: El-Hazard as a TCG?!  (Read 5025 times)
nirvana
Bugrom Forces

A Wandering Dreamer in the Land of Beautiful Girls

View Profile Email
« on: March 18, 2006, 05:25:29 am »

Man...it seems like forever since I last stepped foot onto these forums. Sure alot of things have changed, (No more MP3's  :bawl ) , but I'm sure the people posting here are still the same as when I first posted.

N-E-ways, so I stumbled upon an old anime trading card game called "Ani-Mayhem", which apparently was an old anime card game using the universes of Ranma 1/2, Bubblegum Crisis, Tenchi Muyo, and of course El-Hazard! So thrilled at the idea of El-Hazard characters being apart of a TCG, I've hunted up and down for the now defuncted card game packs and proxys to create a dream El-Hazard deck. Having the great Lord God Jinnai save the Ani-verse while having the Bugrom ruin the other players is so much fun. Plus, everytime you play, it's like writing a on the spot fanfic!  :D

So has anyone else heard or used to play Ani-Mayhem? And for those who haven't, I'll see about posting some of the cards up for all to see... ^_^V

"Like a dream from a time faraway, a sweet memory lingers from the distant past. Like a kingdom that you reach. After many years of dreaming, El-Hazard is the eternal homeland and the land of never-ending adventures. As long as there is a challenging
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 08:57:34 am »

Ah, yes - Ani-Mayhem. If you look under Goodies -> Trinkets from the main page, you can find a complete list of images of the El-Hazard cards from that game.

I tried playing Ani-Mayhem for a while, and while I dearly wanted to enjoy the game I found that the rules were too complicated and clunky for the game to be enjoyable. The math involved in resolving conflicts between character cards got to be extremely involved at times (and don't even get me started on the insanity of Charm battling!). Single turns took a VERY long time to complete. And, on top of that, it was all too easy to forget just whose cards were whose out on the field.

So, kudos to Pioneer (now Geneon) for making such a bold step in promoting its anime (and anime in general), but it really didn't turn out so well.

The 1337 poster
Triple_R
Demon God(ess)

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 09:08:51 am »

I think that it would be better to have an anime card game (or even a game focusing exclusively on El Hazard) modelled after the Magic: The Gathering system. Attack/Defense, and knowledge of how certain character abilities worked (Banding, First Strike, Trample, etc...) was all you really needed for that game.

Of course, another system would be to model it after the Yu-Gi-Oh system, but I'm not sure if the company that owns Yu-Gi-Oh would feel comfortable in letting other animes use their system.
nirvana
Bugrom Forces

A Wandering Dreamer in the Land of Beautiful Girls

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 02:36:29 am »

Ah, yes - Ani-Mayhem. If you look under Goodies -> Trinkets from the main page, you can find a complete list of images of the El-Hazard cards from that game.

I tried playing Ani-Mayhem for a while, and while I dearly wanted to enjoy the game I found that the rules were too complicated and clunky for the game to be enjoyable. The math involved in resolving conflicts between character cards got to be extremely involved at times (and don't even get me started on the insanity of Charm battling!). Single turns took a VERY long time to complete. And, on top of that, it was all too easy to forget just whose cards were whose out on the field.

So, kudos to Pioneer (now Geneon) for making such a bold step in promoting its anime (and anime in general), but it really didn't turn out so well.
Well yes, even after reading the rulebook, there were some things I thought were confusing. But, within the small group of people who still play Ani-mayhem, we've refined the rules to our liking while still keeping with the original rules of the game. For example, a charm battle is now based on whomever has the highest after power card bonuses and such. Also, the whole rule with Havens now counting as a free spot where you may unload your items should you aquire them from a location. And different colored sleeves are very useful in seting the different cards apart.  ;D

"Like a dream from a time faraway, a sweet memory lingers from the distant past. Like a kingdom that you reach. After many years of dreaming, El-Hazard is the eternal homeland and the land of never-ending adventures. As long as there is a challenging
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 11:25:17 pm »

I never got seriously into Ani-Mayhem. But I do have the Ifurita and Priss Asagiri cards (prized possesions!).  ;D

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Icy EyeG
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

No El-Hazard, no life!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 06:13:38 am »

I've been to ask this for a while... but does anyone have or heard about the El-Hazard Brocolli Hybrid cards?

I've been trying to track them on web stores....

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 09:10:11 pm »

I've been to ask this for a while... but does anyone have or heard about the El-Hazard Brocolli Hybrid cards?

I've not heard of this, but my guess is that it would be a fan creation if anything. Sounds awesome though. ^.^

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
kauru
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 02:45:09 am »

I collected these cards back in 1999.  I have the complete commons collection of both part I and II, but the SP cards are so hard to get x_X (if anyone have SP cards to trade or extras to sell, please lmk).

However, if anyone's interested in these cards *goes into Nanami mode*, I have 30 packs (minus the SP cards) of part II that I am trying to sell off (I think there are about 2 complete sets of common cards in these packs).  If anyone is interested, please lmk.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines