Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:11:31 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  In need of suggestions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: In need of suggestions  (Read 4918 times)
Big Roshtarian Robot.
Dimension Traveler

What, a big mecha in El-Hazard? HAH! *snicker*

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2006, 04:45:24 am »

It's been awhile.

Sorry to bother you, but I sorta need pointers...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/AstrayBlueFrame/StarWarsAlderaan.jpg

Near the corner, jumping around, is Shayla-Shayla, in a new outfit. Does she look like Shayla to ya? And how's the new outfit(too much skin?)? (and I was trying to do some <a href => coding, but it didn't work...)

Planning this as a front cover for a planned El-Haz/Star Wars-related fanmanga. Another reason I posted the link against my better judgement.

And again, if this is wrong, I will delete this on the spot.

>.> <.<

Comments?

"It is EVIL. EEEEEVVIIILL..."
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 09:02:24 am »

It's been awhile.

Sorry to bother you, but I sorta need pointers...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/AstrayBlueFrame/StarWarsAlderaan.jpg

Near the corner, jumping around, is Shayla-Shayla, in a new outfit. Does she look like Shayla to ya? And how's the new outfit(too much skin?)? (and I was trying to do some <a href => coding, but it didn't work...)

Too much skin? Nah - in fact, I'd say she's showing less skin than she does with either of the outfits she wears in canon El-Hazard. She looks fine. Certainly better than the gawdawful loincloth she dons for EH2 and Alt. World. The outfit you designed looks cool, and I'd love to see it in color.

Planning this as a front cover for a planned El-Haz/Star Wars-related fanmanga. Another reason I posted the link against my better judgement.

And again, if this is wrong, I will delete this on the spot.

>.> <.<

Comments?

Not sure what you meant by "wrong"... How could it be wrong to post links to El-Hazard-related material here? Anyway, sounds like an intriguing project. To you have plans to bring more of the El-Hazard cast into the Star Wars world, or just Shayla? Is it going to feature the El-Hazard characters as we know them somehow ending up in the Star Wars universe, or "alternate universe" versions of those characters that have lived in the Star Wars universe their whole lives?

The 1337 poster
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 10:42:01 pm »

Near the corner, jumping around, is Shayla-Shayla, in a new outfit. Does she look like Shayla to ya?

Yes.

And how's the new outfit(too much skin?)?

No, not enough! (just kidding)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 10:42:35 pm by saucer » Logged

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Big Roshtarian Robot.
Dimension Traveler

What, a big mecha in El-Hazard? HAH! *snicker*

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 04:04:50 am »

Spanner:

Heh, yeah. Don't know what they were thinkin' about that get-up. Another reason why I "fixed" her costume up.

Not sure what you meant by "wrong"... How could it be wrong to post links to El-Hazard-related material here? Anyway, sounds like an intriguing project. To you have plans to bring more of the El-Hazard cast into the Star Wars world, or just Shayla? Is it going to feature the El-Hazard characters as we know them somehow ending up in the Star Wars universe, or "alternate universe" versions of those characters that have lived in the Star Wars universe their whole lives?

It pays to be careful these days, when mods can get a little edgy (i,e, the Tenchi community). But thanks. I'd be sure to post more artworks if I can.

Well, it's more like a fusion fanmanga, where El-Hazard is a world cloaked in the SW's Unknown Regions (it's the time-slowup thing, like in that Episode in Voyager, where they get stuck in a temporal field of a planet, but that isn't the big part of the story), and the SW universe set 20 or so years into the future, after Return of the Jedi. And the character with the lightsaber is the protagonist (A Jedi outcast of some sort. A bit of a saint). And I'd decided to have a bit of an experiment with Shayla's origin... like she's not really an El-Hazard native. Oh yes, R2 is there too, but there's a surprise.

But anyway, Alderaan(yes, that's the Jedi outcast's name. Was planning to have her be Luke and Mara's adopted daughter, but I'm having reservations.), Shayla, R2, and a descendant of an Arc Trooper will play big roles.

Had this project planned 2 years ago, but the reason I took so long is because I'm not familiar with the New Jedi Order books, and afraid of creating misleading facts when I wanna reference the Yuzhon Vong.

Saucer:

*phew* was afraid I'd stray away from how she looks. And that's the amount of skin I'd be showing. Anymore and it'll turn into a hentai yuri doujin...

Oops.

:-p
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 04:11:41 am by el-hazards_gundam » Logged

"It is EVIL. EEEEEVVIIILL..."
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 12:29:44 pm »

It pays to be careful these days, when mods can get a little edgy (i,e, the Tenchi community).

I hate edgy communities.  I enforce a law of laxness unless something dreadfully wrong or against the [very simple, not constricting] ruleset occurs.  Of course, that's easy as long as the population and traffic remain so low.  Maybe someday I'll do something popular enough to warrant control of a "big" forum.

*phew* was afraid I'd stray away from how she looks. And that's the amount of skin I'd be showing. Anymore and it'll turn into a hentai yuri doujin...

Oops.

:-p

Not like that hasn't happened a thousand times before.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 10:58:15 pm »

It pays to be careful these days, when mods can get a little edgy (i,e, the Tenchi community).

Animesuki has some of the most anally retentive mods on the net. They will lock your thread and ban you if they think you may even be hinting that you're looking for something that's been licensed.

And yes, the Tenchi community in general is "a little edgy."  And that's all I'm going to say, lest I start a flame war. ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
rowan_a._seven
Demon God(ess)

Demon Gods - as dangerous as they are cute.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 09:01:26 pm »

Your sketch of Shayla looks fine to me, although there seems to be a bit of a resemblance to Princess Fatora too without the coloring, but that might just be me since I haven't watched the series in a long time.

And yes, the Tenchi community in general is "a little edgy."  And that's all I'm going to say, lest I start a flame war.

I haven't followed the Tenchi community in years, but I can make a few assumptions.  Tenchi has a _lot_ of backstory and history that the casual or even semi-serious fan probably won't know (at least this was the case before GXP and the 3rd OVA, neither of which I've seen yet), at least three separate universes of varying quality, a fanbase that, last I checked, was strongly divided over who should get Tenchi, and an inconclusive ending.  

El-Hazard, on the other hand, is a comparatively complete series.  Regardless of whether you support the pairings or not, the two (three with the manga series) universes end with Makoto reuniting with Ifurita and Princess Rune Venus, respectively, and there are endings.  Yes, there is a lot we, the fans, don't know, but the missing years aren't available in limited manga or series guides rarely seen outside of Japan.  Most of the accessible information can be found in the OVAs and TV series, and when fans debate over El-Hazard there probably aren't many facts that the sides aren't all aware of.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines